[Rokugan] Blood and Cherry Blossoms

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi

Itarabi takes a towel and wipes the sweat from his brow. "You are generous as well as lovely. I am blessed with the spirit of my lion ancestors tonight, but I do not wish to push my luck. Can I interest you in a glass of wine now? I feel a great thirst now."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Cho looks at the place where the enemy suddenly disappeared, then shakes his head to clear it.*

"Bayushi-sama, are you all right?" he asks. "What was that creature? It did not seem human."

Festy_Dog

First Post
"Kaiten-sama, Kaneda-san's behaviour has me more than a little concerned. He was very relieved to no longer have the wakizashi in his possession. I am under the impression there could be someone after the weapon and he does not want to be holding it when whoever that is finds it," Kaji explains, glad to be able to speak his mind.

Li Shenron

Legend
After the hosts had left and dinner had ended, Ai asked her brother if he wanted to go for a walk together and see the town. Kaitsu has been thinking about his bride all day long, but apparently there had been no news about her attending the festival, and so Ai is going to try and make her brother have a more relaxed time.

However Ai herself is interested in exploring the neighbourhoods, and possibly make some acquaintances. If Kaitsu isn't willing to go for a walk, she'll likely go by herself, eventually trying to catch up with someone else that was at the dinner (perhaps the crane courtier or those who she heard talking about the shugenja competition), may she spot them in the streets.

Just because this is a town she doesn't know, she will be carrying her wakizashi hidden under her clothes, in case of any danger (but obviously she won't carry her other weaponry, supposedly stored safely with the rest of her baggage in her guestroom).

Pyske

Explorer
As quickly as it had appeared, the dagger in Zhiko's hand vanishes into some fold in her kimono. She bows apologetically to Bayushi-sama before returning to her post, the weight of her dishonor in failing to fully protect her daimyo weighing heavily on her mind.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Itarabi

Mitsumi tossed her hair over her shoulder. “In a minute. Our new companions are still dueling, and I think it would be rude to simply leave them,” she replied with a meaningful glance toward the area where the Unicorn and the Crane were still sparring. At last, the Crane proved to be the victor.

Together, the four of them returned to Kyuden Bayushi. As they walked, Mitsumi soon became her old self, talking and laughing with the others as if nothing had happened.

Zhiko and Cho

After the creature disappeared, the Scorpion daimyo straightened his posture, folding his arms so that his long sleeves covered his wound. He answered Zhiko’s bow with a nod, before looking to Cho. “I am well. Thank you for your concern, Cho-san,” Bayushi-sama replied smoothly. He sounded fine, though Zhiko’s trained ears caught the slightest catch in his words. She had no doubt that the wound hurt him immensely, despite his stoic appearance. “As for the creature, I have only seen a few like it, but never one so far away from the Shadowlands.”

Yogo-san placed the statue upon the table, before folding her hands within her sleeves. “The appearance of such a creature is… most ominous, my lord.”

Cho:
[sblock]Perhaps it is a trick with the light, but the statue seems to glow with a faint red light. The light quickly fades after a moment as if it had never been there in the first place.[/sblock]

Kaji

Kaiten-sama nods thoughtfully as Kaji spoke, before sighing deeply. “Yes, Kaji-san, I noticed it too. However, I had already given my word that I would take the wakizashi.” He bowed his head, before getting to his feet. “We will have to be wary, if there is some danger. Come, let us return to the castle. The less time we spend in the open, the better.”

Ai

Kaitsu retires to his room soon after bed, claiming that he is too tired to explore the city. Without her brother, Ai sets out. She is soon able to catch up with the Crane courtier, who introduces herself as Amiko. Together, they explore the shops that are still open, before choosing a tea house to relax in. There, Amiko finds some people she knows, two Unicorns. “Ai-san, this is Ide Reiha and Iuchi Tasha,” Amiko introduces them as they sit down at a small table. “Iuchi-san mentioned to me earlier that she is planning on competing in the shugenja competition.”

Festy_Dog

First Post
"You're right, my lord," Kaji says, and readies himself to leave, "I am ready when you are."

Kaji was under the impression that the trip back would not be a simple task. Perhaps this would be where the alternate route would pay off. If not though, he carried a sword for a reason.

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi

Itarabi praises the Crane victor, but using all his gifts as a Courtier so as not to give insult to the looser. He is humble about his own victory and takes some delight in showing the hole in his clothes where he narrowly escaped a loss himself, hopeful that this will molify Mitsumi somewhat.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dark Nemesis said:
Zhiko and Cho

After the creature disappeared, the Scorpion daimyo straightened his posture, folding his arms so that his long sleeves covered his wound. He answered Zhiko’s bow with a nod, before looking to Cho. “I am well. Thank you for your concern, Cho-san,” Bayushi-sama replied smoothly. He sounded fine, though Zhiko’s trained ears caught the slightest catch in his words. She had no doubt that the wound hurt him immensely, despite his stoic appearance. “As for the creature, I have only seen a few like it, but never one so far away from the Shadowlands.”

Yogo-san placed the statue upon the table, before folding her hands within her sleeves. “The appearance of such a creature is… most ominous, my lord.”
"My lords, I pardon for interrupting, but I noticed something unusual about the statue right now. It seemed to glow red for a moment. With the appearance of the Shadowlands creature, I wished to bring this to your attention," Cho says with as much deferance as he can manage.

Li Shenron

Legend
Ai

Ai politely introduces herself to the two Unicorns as the group sits at the table, and is pleased to hear from Amiko that Iuchi is participating in the Shugenja competition.

"You are a Shugenja too? Am I so pleased to meet you... I have never had the pleasure before to know a Shugenja from the Unicorn clan. What I have heard about your school of magic is really fascinating. Tell me please, are you perhaps a master of the Ugoki travel magic? Or do you practice the art of crafting Meishodo instead?".

She says so with honest wonder and respect towards those forms of magic, despite the fact that she has heard several people consider them less noble than more traditional spellcasting.

Remove ads