[Rokugan] Blood and Cherry Blossoms

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Kaji

Quietly, Kaiten-sama collects himself. He tucks the wakizashi into his belt and finishes his tea, before moving closer to the door. “Well then, Kaji-san. I believe it is time.”

With that said, they set off. The hour had grown late while they were in their meeting, and the streets were considerably less crowded than when they had first arrived at the tea house. Those that are on the street do not approach the pair as they make their way, content to simply glare at them from the shadows.

Itarabi

The Crane and Unicorn are suitably impressed with the evidence of Itarabi’s hard fought battle, and praise both his skill, and Mitsumi’s. They make their way back indoors, through the winding halls of the palace. At last, they reach the main hall, where a small crowd had already gathered. Seiyo was present, apparently organizing the event, and inclined his head to Mitsumi and Itarabi when he saw them.

Cho and Zhiko

Though Cho speaks with as much deference as he could, he had still interrupted the conversation of those who were of higher station than he. For a moment, he could almost feel Bayushi-sama’s gaze upon him, but it was difficult to say if the gaze held curiousity or disapproval. Yogo-san also gives him a look, one of annoyance. An uncomfortable silence ensued for a moment, before Yogo-san finally spoke up.

“Cho-san’s eyes are indeed sharp. I… had placed a spell of protection upon the statue, when Zhiko-san indicated that was what the creature was after.”

Ai

Iuchi-san blushed at Ai’s questions. “You give me too much honor, Kakita-san. It is true that I study the Ugoki travel magic, but I am not yet a master.” Ai’s sincerity is noted by both of the Unicorn, and it is clear by their demeanor that they appreciate it. Amiko, however, gives her disapproving looks when the two Unicorn maidens are not looking.

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi

Now back in familiar territory, Itarabi is once more in his element. He nods to Seiyo and begins to size up the opposition for Sedane.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Kaji limps along at an acceptable speed, glad to be away from the teahouse, but now anxious to be out of the open. Aside from the obvious problems it caused, his limp was both a blessing and a curse. People underestimated him, which gave him an exceptional element of surprise in conflict, but by underestimating him in the first place they felt combat was a chance they could take, and any combat situation put Kaiten-sama at risk. If there was any choice Kaji would wholly avoid combat, thus the alternate route. He was never one to shy away from conflict, but he would take any precaution he could to prevent it.

"Kaiten-sama, if I may be so bold, do you know what kinds of magics the weapon carries?" Kaji asked quietly as they walked along.

His eyes peered into alleyways and over shopfront awnings. He waited to find something out of place while waiting for Kaiten-sama's answer.

Li Shenron

Legend
Ai

Ai notices Amiko's disapproving look, and realizes she might have shown too much enthusiasm. She'll be trying to control herself a little, but is still very interested in making acquaintance with the Unicorn shungenja fellow.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Cho waits quietly and patiently, accepting the veiled rebuke with the serenity his order required. He did not know what would happen next, but it was not his place to ask, and with the immediate threats gone, he could not interrupt again to satisfy his curiosity.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Itarabi

A surprising number of people have turned out for the Sadane competition. Two members of the Crane Clan stood in one corner of the room, examining each person in turn and whispering to each other. Two Scorpions and a Phoenix were engaged in conversation with a woman from the Sparrow Clan, who looked more and more out of her element with every moment. A Dragon and a Unicorn stood nearby, ignoring each other as they considered their own thoughts. With the exception of the woman from the Sparrow Clan, everyone appeared relaxed and ready for the game.

“Huh,” Mitsumi grunted as she looked about. “This ought to be interesting.”

Kaji

“I do not know,” Kaiten-sama replied as he scanned the streets, searching for any threat. “I was planning on having a friend of mine from the Asahina family look at it, though it is my understanding that nemuranai behave differently for different people.”

They were passing by the back entrance of a brightly lit teahouse now, its lanterns providing the only source of light on the street. The street was devoid of life, but as Kaji looked around, he noticed that the shadows seemed to move by their own accord. It front of them, the darkness took the shape of a humanoid, its red eyes glowing with malice.

“Give ussss the sword…” it hissed.

Ai

An hour passes as Ai enjoys the company of her Unicorn companions. Even Amiko relaxes and begins to enjoy herself, after her initial show of disapproval. The hour becomes late, and Amiko and Reiha excuse themselves to retire, leaving Iuchi-san to talk with Ai.

As they talk, Ai notices an unusual sight. Through the open door she sees two Crane men making their way along the road, only to be stopped as a shadowy creature appears in front of them.

Zhiko and Cho

Bayushi-sama remains silent, examining each person in turn. At last, he nods, apparently satisfied with Yogo-san’s explanation. “Such an attack concerns me. If the statue is what the creature was after, then we must discover why; until then it is best that it not be left in the open to create a temptation. Tamori-san, you have the honor of presenting the statue at tomorrow’s ceremony. I trust you and your charge would be willing to remain with the statue until such time?”

Tamori-sama smiled and bowed. “It would be my honor, Bayushi-sama.”

Bayushi-sama nodded in satisfaction. “Of course you will not be alone. Zhiko-san will assist in safeguarding the statue.”

Pyske

Explorer
A brief look of sheer panic crosses Zhiko's face, the depth of her reaction uncharacteristically obvious. My eyesight... can it be that Bayushi-sama does not know? "B-Bayushi-sama...," Zhiko begins in a tone of protest, before she manages to regain control, "I... will not fail you, o-daimyo-sama." Better to fail and to die than to question the order of my lord. I have disgraced myself enough for one evening.

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi

Turning to his companion Itarabi asks, "Indeed it does look like an interesting group. Will you participate or at least watch your brother an I compete?" Itarabi sizes up the opponents. "Who do you think the favorite is?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Without a word Kaji immediately stepped in between the shadowy figure and Kaiten-sama. His blade leapt forward, cutting an arc through where the figure was standing.

"Kaiten-sama, behind you," Kaji warned, expecting a simultaneous attack from behind.

[init +6 (quick), AC 14, attack +12, d10+5, 19-20/x2]

Last edited:

Remove ads