[Rokugan] Blood and Cherry Blossoms

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi Human Rogue/Courtier

Mantis, what could be going on with the Mantis that father would want to see me about... Itarabi thinks what his role might be and hurries to the chamber careful to avoid being seen be the Samurai, better not to greet them until he knows what his father has in mind for him. He checks his appearence once more in a polished mirror as he approaches the chamber and fixs in his mind...I am Itarabi noble son of my father, I am Itarabi a courtier of the lion, I am Itarabi...

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Hyota : Male Human Shugenja 8

He continued to advance on the campfire, trying as best he could to stay silent. He again wondered why anyone would be here in these woods other then another Kitsune. As he got within a mere 20 feet of the two, he bowed and spoke, addressing the old man. "Good evening! May a humble traveler share your campfire." He remained bowed with his face toward the ground waiting for a response.

Renshi nodded to Boten-sama, "My studies are well," he paused a moment, noticing that it was small talk and attempted a question that sometimes might get him chastised, "What is it you wished to see me about, Sensei?"

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Togashi Cho
Shiro Togashi

Tamori waits until Cho has bowed, before replying with a bow of his own, though it was not as low as Cho’s bow had been. He smiled faintly at Cho’s words, and shook his head slightly. “Nonsense. If I did not think you worthy of having tea with me, then you would not be here. Your sensei speaks very highly of you, Togashi-san.”

He paused then, and gestured for a servant to bring the tea. “Please, Togashi-san. Tell me about yourself.”

Shosuro Reiko
Ryoko Owari

“Ah, samurai-sama, you do me a great honor by coming here! My girls are the finest entertainers in Ryoko Owari. My girls are masters of playing the lute and the shamisen, as well as the art of tea ceremony and conversation. If you are looking for something specific, I am certain that we can accommodate you,” the Okasan replied.

Meanwhile, the lacquer on her nails sparkled as she signed back, He awaits you in an upstairs room. Have care, he is in a particularly foul mood.

Kakita Ai
Kyuden Kakita

Kaitsu gives Ai a nervous smile. “Of course, you are right, Ai-chan. Domo-arigato.” He bows to Ai, and allows her to go on her way.

With that, Ai makes her way through the gardens and into the castle. In one of the rooms, she noticed that a few of the courtiers had gathered to read poetry, and sitting among the crowd were two of her sisters, Ayame and Keiko.

Other than the guards, and the people gathered for the poetry reading, there were few other people in the hallways. Some had already retired for the evening. A few moments later, Ai arrived outside the screen that led to her parents’ rooms.

Ikoma Itarabi
Kyuden Ikoma

As Itarabi arrives at the chamber, a servant slides open the screen, allowing Itarabi to enter. His father awaited him, and aging man with long, grey hair and brown eyes that always seemed to hold amusement. He sat at a low table, looking over some scrolls, stroking his beard absently as he did so.

Hyota
Kitsune Mori

Both people looked up as Hyota spoke. A moment of silence passed, before the old man finally replied in a gruff voice, “Come, fellow traveler. The evening will be cold, and my daughter makes enough supper for the three of us.”

As Hyota drew nearer, he saw that both wore the mon of the Fox clan.

Isawa Renshi
Shiro Isawa

“In due time, Renshi-san. Is your time so valuable that you will not sit and talk with your sensei?” Boten-sama replied, giving Renshi a sharp look. He rolled up a small scroll, and placed it on the ground in front of him. “We have much to discuss, you and I.”

valeren

First Post
“Lead the way then, I shall see for myself.” Reiko rose from the tatami and allowed the Okasan to lead him upstairs. As they made their way through the Geisha House, Reiko kept thinking of any reason on why his Sensei would be in a foul mood, but by the time they reached the second floor the Scorpion has eventually decided that whatever the reason was, it would be quite impossible to gauge and that the only option he really had was that to obey whatever order his Sensei would give him.

Reiko was then led to one of the inner rooms of the House. As soon the young man stepped into the room, the Okasan closed the rice paper doors behind him and quietly left. Reiko then fell on his knees and prostated himself on the mat, patiently waiting for his presence to be acknowledged.

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Ai leaves her sandals outside (in case she hasn't already) and waits a few seconds before discreetely opening the screen and entering the room, trying to hear if there is people on the other side.

OoC:
Already I have a question about japanese etiquette... Is it acceptable for a daughter to enter the parent's quarters, should she knock or call? I know being quite and not making much noise is polite, but I suppose she could use some knocking first. At least if next room is the night quarters.

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi Human Rogue/Courtier

Itarabi enters walking softly. He strikes a pose that is both humble and respectful. "Honored father, how may your humble son be of service."

G

Guest 11456

Hyota : Male Human Shugenja 8

The boy raises from his bow and smiles. "I thank you for your hospitality. I am Hyota Kitsune. I travel the world in search of knowledge. I would be glad to share whatever I can with you in return. What brings you to the Kitsune Mori?" As he speaks Hyota comes closer to the fire and warms himself.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dark Nemesis said:
Togashi Cho
Shiro Togashi

Tamori waits until Cho has bowed, before replying with a bow of his own, though it was not as low as Cho’s bow had been. He smiled faintly at Cho’s words, and shook his head slightly. “Nonsense. If I did not think you worthy of having tea with me, then you would not be here. Your sensei speaks very highly of you, Togashi-san.”

He paused then, and gestured for a servant to bring the tea. “Please, Togashi-san. Tell me about yourself.”
"I am one of the ise zumi, raised in the temple by my parents. Many times they told me of how they met and wedded late in life, the went into the monestary shortly afterward. I was born and raised all my life there. For many years all I desired was to be the finest ise zumi of the Empire, and because of that I tended to overreach myself in pride. It was during my meditations that I was shown the error of my ways, and now I simply try to obey and make amends for my past insults," Cho says quietly.

Quickly, Renshi half bows in his seated position, "I apologize, Sensei Boten-sama. My time is never too full to speak with you," he paused, and looked down at the scroll, trying to examine it as best he could without looking distracted, "I enjoy our discussions...what shall it be this time, Sensei?"

Remove ads