Against the Giants 5e PBP (Full)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Okay, we're nearing our ability to start. We have 9 out of 12 characters in the RG.

All we need is for @Hriston to finish Reeve, @Tonguez to finish Kahru, and for @Steve Gorak to decide on and make a character (having just been invited to do so). No pressure, but hurry, Steve! (Heh.)

@Tonguez, just make Kahru a Moon Druid 6 / Barbarian 3! That should be more than tough enough. Nigh unkillable. (And don't go with the 8 Str jacked by Gauntlets, that might be a step too far for my comfort. Snarf's trick may have made up for a big deficit in the character, but it was at least NOT Strength.) I hope that doesn't ruin your plans too much.
Yup, will have him up tonight moon druid barbarian zealot no gauntlets :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Bummer. I was hoping you'd draw your character! Maybe you can join us another time.

Which means... @Steve Gorak you are UP! You can make anything, really... the party is pretty balanced. Might like something that can heal, but it's not strictly necessary. Please follow my request for reasonably middle-ground optimisation (I know you're capable of great things). None of the well-known OP suspects, is all I ask. (I already have people 'sneaking in' a few things! Heh.) Dial it at like 60-80, if you get me.
Very cool! Thanks you! I’ll work on this Monday (can’t before, I’m surrounded by kids). I’ve been dying to try the aberrant mind sorcerer, and I may even single class it to respect the 60-80 rule. He “may” end up being a Tortle though (closer to the 80 than the 60 ;-)
I haven’t been reading this thread, so pls let me know if this is too close to something already existing.
Cheers,

Sg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Very cool! Thanks you! I’ll work on this Monday (can’t before, I’m surrounded by kids). I’ve been dying to try the aberrant mind sorcerer, and I may even single class it to respect the 60-80 rule. He “may” end up being a Tortle though (closer to the 80 than the 60 ;-)
I haven’t been reading this thread, so pls let me know if this is too close to something already existing.
Cheers,

Sg

No sorcerers at all, yet! Now that we have enough humans to stop the party from being a band of funny animals, I don't mind if you chose a Tortle. (For the record, I'm not against the funny animal races, I just feel weird when they make up the whole party - except for when that's the theme!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Okay, so as long as the three characters that are not in the RG yet turn out as expected, these will be the two groups:

Group One
@Blue playing Eoghan, Firbolg Glamour Bard
@Tonguez playing Kahru Karavetra, Human Druid Barbarian
@Hriston playing Reeve Bible, Human Champion Fighter Sailor
@Lidgar playing Jack "the Knife" Blake, Human Rogue Thief
@Steve Gorak playing a Tortle Sorcerer?
@JustinCase playing Duvrael Oolo, Yuan-Ti Diviner Wizard

Group Two
@Kobold Stew playing The Colonel, Air Genasi Tempest Cleric Soldier
@VLAD the Destroyer playing Quinn, Human Circle of Stars Druid
@Maxperson playing Kaligan Wainwright, Human Psi-Warrior Fighter
@Shadowedeyes playing Valda the Runeblade Human Rune Knight Fighter
@Snarf Zagyg playing Doc Vileweir, Reborn Warlock/Rogue Gunslinger
@TerraDave playing Tenibor, High Elf Wizard

Any objections?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Okay, so as long as the three characters that are not in the RG yet turn out as expected, these will be the two groups:

Group One
@Blue playing Eoghan, Firbolg Glamour Bard
@Tonguez playing Kahru Karavetra, Human Druid Barbarian
@Hriston playing Reeve Bible, Human Champion Fighter Sailor
@Lidgar playing Jack "the Knife" Blake, Human Rogue Thief
@Steve Gorak playing a Tortle Sorcerer?
@JustinCase playing Duvrael Oolo, Yuan-Ti Diviner Wizard

Group Two
@Kobold Stew playing The Colonel, Air Genasi Tempest Cleric Soldier
@VLAD the Destroyer playing Quinn, Human Circle of Stars Druid
@Maxperson playing Kaligan Wainwright, Human Psi-Warrior Fighter
@Shadowedeyes playing Valda the Runeblade Human Rune Knight Fighter
@Snarf Zagyg playing Doc Vileweir, Reborn Warlock/Rogue Gunslinger
@TerraDave playing Tenibor, High Elf Wizard

Any objections?
With the only Cleric in group two, can we swap the pure Druid to group one and put the multiclass Druid with the Cleric?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm fine with whatever, but that does leave group one with only one frontliner I believe, just to note.

Yeah, that's the tricky part. I put the Druid Barbarian with the group with only one fighter to shore up front line (he will soak a ton of damage) but they are right, they could use a second healer. Hmm.

Remove ads