Candlekeep Mysteries (OOC Chat)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Oops! @Steve Gorak After I rolled the round, I noticed that Ethian went twice in Round Two. It's not your fault - we took quite awhile to complete the round, and because of a few reactions, it looked like a few people had gone when they had not. On top of that, I resolved half the round (including the monsters) quite awhile ago, while waiting for a few more posts. Understandable mistake.

I try to make my "go for round X" post as obvious as possible, but I may resolve the monsters or react to PCs turns throughout the round. I hope that makes sense.

So... don't go for round three. Or at least don't take any actions. Feel free to respond to whatever happens. We'll call your spiritual weapon and guidance on Crock Jon a round three thing. (Though I'm fine with @Kobold Stew Jon using the bonus die this round. I'm not too fussy on the exact timing of things.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Don't want to prolong a fight needlessly, but Jon won't know the creature will flee permanently, and won't want anyone else to suffer the sort of wounds he has endured. Maybe it's worth playing it out? It will have disadvantage on the next attack., assuming we get to that. I'm not keen to see him bite it (as it were) in his first combat either, admittedly. I welcome the thoughts of others.

EDIT: The bullette's taken its action in trying to break the grapple, and so we'd get another round anyways. I think it's better to finish it (and the baby?)

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Don't want to prolong a fight needlessly, but Jon won't know the creature will flee permanently, and won't want anyone else to suffer the sort of wounds he has endured. Maybe it's worth playing it out? It will have disadvantage on the next attack., assuming we get to that. I'm not keen to see him bite it (as it were) in his first combat either, admittedly. I welcome the thoughts of others.

EDIT: The bullette's taken its action in trying to break the grapple, and so we'd get another round anyways. I think it's better to finish it (and the baby?)
Yeah that's fine. I had considered that the group might want to clear the road of dangerous land-sharks. I doubt that D&D characters have the relative luxury of empathizing with dangerous animals like we do IRL. (It's a lot easier when you are top of the food chain and "winning" the battle for life-supremecy). No, I think they'd probably not feel too bad about having to put this beast down for the sake of other travellers.

Remove ads