• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Diplomatic Immunity: Funeral Procession

unleashed

First Post
Tiberius Lucius Magnus, Male Praetor Warmage

“Well, I guess Mythweaver will take that quite literally, so we’d best be ready in half an hour, dear heart,” Tiberius remarks with a sad shake of his head, after he closes the door. “You know, sometimes I wish I wasn’t quite so honest in my assessment of things, as I could have managed a little more time for us here, alone,” he adds, as he heads over to study the spells he promised Mythweaver, used to putting duty before his own wants or needs.

*When the half hour has elapsed and Mythweaver returns, he finds Claudia and Tiberius ready to go and not pointing weapons at him this time.*

Erekose13

Explorer
Whether he is surprised or not that he is not greated by a sword does not register on Mythweaver's face. "Did you take notice of who attended Ammon's wake and who was curiously absent?" asks Mythweaver carrying on the same conversation he had started 30 minutes ago as if there was no time lag.

unleashed

First Post

“Yes, I noticed. All of Lynestra’s family came, except Kastor, and none of Ammon’s family came except Amber... though we know Thyestes and Kurai were making their own tribute to Ammon, so I’m not surprised by their absence. The mix seemed quite unusual to me at the time, but then I’m unfamiliar with Rowaini customs. Was it as unusual as it seemed?” Tiberius asks as they head out for breakfast.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes from what I can remember of my time amongst them all family should have been present to offer stories of the departed." replies Mythweaver.

ooc: hope thats right

unleashed

First Post

“Hmm, don’t forget Ammon and his family didn’t really get on all that well either, so that may be a reason for their failure to attend. And I can certainly think of likely reasons for everyone who didn’t show,” Tiberius remarks, counting them off on his fingers as he says them. “Atreus and Kastor were probably busy trying to work out how they can remedy the situation politically, now Ammon and Lynestra won’t marry. Perhaps even negotiating a marriage between Orin and Lynestra. Orin, well, he may well have been drunk, hunting, riding, or anything else that drew his fancy at the moment, as he didn’t think much of his brother. As for Aerope, well she may have gone off with Ferris again, as I don’t believe we’ve seen either of them for a while.”

Erekose13

Explorer
"Still there is some amount of risk in not showing respect to the departed, especially if the family still wants to pursue a marriage with Lynestra." replies Mythweaver.

unleashed

First Post

“Perhaps... then perhaps not. As you surely know, Kastor is the heir apparent of Lacadia, so he may have been sent to negotiate with Atreus, if Atreus requested a meeting to discuss what is to happen now. If you spent any time talking with Atreus at the reception, you’ll know that’s likely not too far off the mark, regardless of the occasion, as he seems focused on making his realm all it can be, to the exclusion of all else. At least that’s how he seemed to me when we spoke,” Tiberius offers, hoping that might give Mythweaver something to think over, as he takes Claudia’s hand in his own.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: okay I've got the players straightened out, but I still don't have any workable clues or suspects. I'm kinda just hoping someone else will die so we have another murder to investigate. Did we miss a huge clue or head in a wrong direction?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I don't think you missed anything blatant--this is a particularly difficult social mystery. It requires great insight and ingenuity or clever RP or divination magic or some combination thereof to solve--I don't anticipate that you'll get the answers by simple CSI)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads