[Rokugan] Blood and Cherry Blossoms

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Itarabi

Seiyo grinned at the mention of Sadane, and nods his head. “Oh yes. It is one of my favorite pass-times. I was hoping to find some others to partake later on in the evening. Perhaps you would be interested?”

Ai

The dining hall is a flurry of activity as people gather to chat before the feast begins. Nearby, a Phoenix and two Lion girls were talking excitedly about some particularly charming courtiers. Not far away, a small group of people had gathered to discuss the upcoming shugenja tournament.

All

At last, their Scorpion hosts arrived. Bayushi Yojiro was a tall, imposing man, with dark hair tied neatly back and most of his face hidden behind a black mask. He paused to regard his guests, before making his way to the table at the front of the room. He was accompanied by three others: a women wearing a black lace mask, whose kimono showed off a scandalous amount of shoulder; a man in black robes, wearing the Shosuro mon; and a man dressed in simple pale blue robes, the mon of the Soshi family embroidered neatly over his heart.

They began making their way slowly toward the front of the room, pausing to greet a few people as they went. It was almost time for the feast to begin.

Scotley

Hero
"Indeed Seiyo-san I would be most interested, but we must speak of it later, for I see that our hosts have arrived." He looks over his hosts with a practiced eye, "Who is the woman with the bare shoulders?"

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dark Nemesis said:
Cho

“I am certain that the events that Bayushi-sama has planned will not be a challenge for one as enlightened as yourself,” Yogo-sama replied smoothly. “There is to be a dueling competition tomorrow, and a shugenja competition the day after that. I am certain that there will be a few other surprises in store, with much glory and honor to be had by those who triumph in those challenges.” She reached into one of the sleeves of her scarlet kimono, and withdrew a fan. She opened it with a flick of her wrist, before beginning to delicately fan herself. “Will you be taking part, Togashi-san?”
"I would greatly want to, should there be a competition I would be welcome in, Yogo-sama," Cho says politely, his mind whirling at the thought of being able to compete with others of his calibur.

*When their host arrives with his entourage, Cho gives them a polite bow, wondering what things the evening will bring.*

G

Guest 11456

Hyota : Male Human Shugenja 8

Dark Nemesis said:
Shiori paused, appearing to be a little surprised by Hyota’s lack of awareness regarding the competitions. However, she recovers quickly, before replying, “The competitions are part of the festival entertainment. There is one for the shugenja to test their skill against their peers. There will also be a dueling competition.” She then leaned closer, and said quietly, “There is also talk of one other test that Bayushi-sama is planning, a race within the labyrinth!”

Hyota nods. "Perhaps I will compete. At the moment I am not sure." Then the hosts start to arrive. "Well! It appears that the festivities are to begin." He smiles and nods in the direction of the entering Scorpions.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Itarabi

“That is the Soshi family daimyo, Uidori,” Seiyo-san replied with a sly smile. “Rumor is that she made a special trip to be here for the festival.” With that said, he disappeared, returning to the tables decorated with origami Mantis.

Cho

“Well, I will look forward to seeing you compete, then,” Yogo Aiko replied with a small smile.

Hyota

“It seems that way,” Shiori replied. “Perhaps we will be able to talk later. If not, I will see you at the tournament!” With that said, Shiori departed with a smile and a wave, returning to her seat.

All

At last, the four Scorpion made it to the dais at the front of the room. Once there, the people in the room bowed as one to their hosts. After a moment, they returned the bow and Bayushi Yojiro stepped forward. “Thank you, all of you, for honoring my clan with your presence,” he began. Though he did not speak very loudly, his voice was easily heard even in the back of the hall. “As the season draws to a close, we gather to celebrate a successful harvest and a peaceful summer. I sincerely hope that all of you will enjoy the tests of wit and skill that we have prepared,” He paused a moment, her dark eyes sweeping the crowd. “Now, let us feast and let the festival officially begin.”

With that said, the courtiers once again began to play, as servants bustled into the room, bearing trays laden with food. Heaping platters were placed upon each table, bearing the first course of the meal, a light miso soup. It was soon followed by carefully prepared and artfully served tempura, oyako-donburi (chicken and egg over rice) and a selection of sushi.

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi Human Rogue/Courtier

Itarabi turns to Mitsumi, "Your brother seems a fine fellow. How good is he at Sedane, should I be worried?" He turns his attention to the soup and tempura, but as always continues to watch the room for anything interesting.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Cho bows, his lips curved in a smile at the lady's faint praise. When the food comes out, he smiles, though avoids the meat. The temple's prohibitions on such things were strong, so instead he heaped his plate high with vegetables, egg, and rice, thoroughly enjoying the magificient bounty at the table. He frequently checks on his charge, to see what he eats, and who else eats it. Poison was a favorite weapon amongst the elite, or so his sensei had warned him. It would not do for his master to take a "special sauce" or "special dish" that no one else ate.*

G

Guest 11456

Hyota : Male Human Shugenja 8

The small boy first has some of the soup. Then he eats sonme of the chicken and sushi. But he is very meticulous about not eating any of the rice. He even goes as far as not to eat anything that has touched the rice. Thus he only eats pieces of fish and chicken that appear to have not come in contact with the rice.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Itarabi

Mitsumi shrugged as she dug into her bowl, filled with rice and vegetables. “He’s pretty good, I guess. I don’t have much time for games, so I don’t get to see him compete all that much.” She scrapes the last bit of rice into her mouth, before washing it down with a cup of plum wine.

Throughout the meal, he and Mitsumi make small talk, though it is clear that the Mantis samurai was more interested in her meal than in conversation. The activity around the room was rather typical for a feast; people eating, drinking, listening to the music provided by the courtiers. However, his vigilance soon pays off. About halfway through the meal, Seiyo rises from his place at the table and makes his way out of the hall.

Cho

The food is delicious, delicately seasoned and cooked to perfection. Tamori-sama eats very little, and like Cho, avoids meat. He is quiet throughout most of the meal, though he does occasionally look over to Cho to see how he is doing. “Well, Cho-san. Our task is nearly complete. Tell me, what are you plans for after dinner?”

Hyota

Hyota takes great pains to avoid the rice, but there is plenty for him to eat. Chicken, fish, and vegetables are all available to him. A few minutes after the feast had begun, a familiar man took a seat across from him. Satsume grinned and nodded his head in greeting. “Konban wa! How is the fare?” As he spoke, he began filling his bowl with vegetables.

Remove ads