[Rokugan] Blood and Cherry Blossoms

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi Human Rogue/Courtier

Dark Nemesis said:
About halfway through the meal, Seiyo rises from his place at the table and makes his way out of the hall.

I wonder where he is off too? He turns to his companion, "I believe I've had a bit too much of this delicious plum wine. I shall be back in a moment." Itarabi makes his way out an follows Seiyo taking care to be quiet and unseen.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dark Nemesis said:
Cho

The food is delicious, delicately seasoned and cooked to perfection. Tamori-sama eats very little, and like Cho, avoids meat. He is quiet throughout most of the meal, though he does occasionally look over to Cho to see how he is doing. “Well, Cho-san. Our task is nearly complete. Tell me, what are you plans for after dinner?”
"I believe I may meditate for a while, then perhaps go to practice, if you do not wish my presence, Tamori-sama," Cho says quietly.

Li Shenron

Legend
Ai

Ai takes a little bit of every meal, but is careful to eat only a moderate amount of food. She dines quietly and politely and tries to occasionally eavesdrop to any conversation nearby.

G

Guest 11456

Hyota : Male Human Shugenja 8

Hyota nods to Satsume. "It is good." He looks around. "Where is Juri? Are you going to participate in the tournament?"

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Itarabi

Mitsumi mumbles a reply around her food, before turning her attention back to the rice in her bowl.

Itarabi follows Seiyo as he makes his way out of the dining hall and into the hallway. Seiyo makes his way through the winding hallways, apparently not noticing as Itarabi followed quietly and at a slight distance. However, when her peered around a corner that Seiyo had rounded only a few moments before, he found the hallway empty. The Mantis courtier was nowhere to be seen.

Cho

“I will require your presence, Cho-san, it will not take long. Bayushi-sama wishes to see the item that we have brought with us. I suspect the meeting will only take an hour or so,” Tamori-sama replied, before taking a sip of his tea.

Ai

Most of the gossip seemed to be centered on the competitions that were to take place in the coming days. Nearby, a Crab samurai was boasting that he would easily win at any challenge involving the labyrinth. Just behind her, two members of the Unicorn clan were quietly discussing a Sadane competition that was to take place later in the evening.

Hyota

Satsume frowned slightly into his bowl. “The journey got the better of Juri. She is resting, and will hopefully feel better in the morning.” He quickly ate a few bites, before answering Hyota’s second question with a hearty laugh. “Indeed, Hyota-san! I suspect I have one tournament left in these old bones. Will you be competing?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Dark Nemesis said:
Cho

“I will require your presence, Cho-san, it will not take long. Bayushi-sama wishes to see the item that we have brought with us. I suspect the meeting will only take an hour or so,” Tamori-sama replied, before taking a sip of his tea.
"Of course Tamori-sama," Cho says politely, then he suddenly has many questions. "Tamori-sama, would there be a competition for one such as I? Could I compete? Would they accept someone at this late date?"

Scotley

Hero
Itarabi Human Rogue/Courtier

Itarabi wanders up and down the length of this bit of corridor weaving drunkenly and using the walls for support.

OOC: Search for secret doors or some clue as to where Seiyo might have gone.

G

Guest 11456

Hyota : Male Human Shugenja 8

The boy listens as the elder man speaks. "At first I was not for sure. But knowing that you will be entering as well has given be the boost I needed to decide. I believe I will participate." He nods to Satsume and smiles. "I trust that Juri will be rested enough for the tournament tomorrow."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Cho

Tamori-sama raised his eyebrows as Cho barraged him with questions. He paused for a long moment, sipping his tea with a thoughtful look in his eyes. At last, he put his cup down and turned to face Cho. “I am afraid I do not know the details concerning the tournament, Cho-san. However, since there are so many people that only arrived today, and the contest is the day after tomorrow, I imagine that it is not too late to sign up to compete. I do not see a reason as to why you would not be allowed to compete.”

Itarabi

For a few moments, Itarabi makes a fairly good show of weaving and stumbling about the hallway. Finally, as he is putting a hand on the wall to keep himself from falling, he feels a slight shift, and notices a small crack appear in the wall. It was the entrance to the hidden passageway.

It was then that a Scorpion samurai rounded the corner, making surprisingly little noise in his scarlet and black great armor. He paused, regarding Itarabi for a moment, before approaching. “What are you doing, there?”

Hyota

“Excellent!” Satsume exclaimed with a broad grin. “I look forward to seeing you compete, Hyota-san. As for Juri, I am certain that an evening of rest is all she needs.” With that said, he quickly finished the food in his bowl, and set it down with a satisfied sigh. “So, tell me, Hyota-san. What are your plans for the evening?”

Zhiko

Without neither a word nor a sound, two shadowy figures made their way through the labyrinthine hallways of Kyuden Bayushi. The feast was nearly done, and already the hallways were beginning to become populated with their guests. Still, the two traversed the hallways without being noticed.

The one in the lead was Goro, a slender young man dressed in a simple black kimono. His deep brown eyes seemed to take in every detail from behind his simple black mask, though he said very little. The second person was Zhiko. A few minutes ago, Goro had come to her with a message: Shosuro Daito wished to speak with her. Zhiko knew very little about him, other than the fact that he was a close advisor to Bayushi Yojiro.

At last, they arrived at their destination. Without a word, Goro slid the door open and waited for Zhiko to enter. Within, she could see that the room was dark, save for a single candle, upon a low table. Sitting at that table was a man, also clad completely in black. His kimono was cut in a way that made it difficult to ascertain his body type, and a hood covered his head. In the dim light, Zhiko could see that he held a long scroll in his hands, but it was impossible to tell at this distance and in the lighting, what the scroll said.

The man did not acknowledge his two visitors, and Goro stood silently by the open door. Apparently, Zhiko would have to make the first move.

Kaji

“This is so exciting!” Ayame exclaimed as she looked around their rooms with wide eyes. “Kyuden Bayushi, can you imagine? And we are in time for a festival!” By her excitement, one would think she had never been to a festival before.

Of course, it was no accident that they were there for the festival. Doji Kaiten wanted to work on sealing a few alliances before Winter Court began, and this was the best place to do so. Of course, he had wanted his favorite yojimbo there as well, so he invited Kaji and his wife. The journey from Kyuden Doji had been long, and they had arrived later than they had anticipated; the feast was nearly over. Annoyed by their lateness, Kaiten-sama had retired to his rooms to prepare for the evening’s activities, and gave Kaji leave to do the same.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I do not mean to be so direct Tamori-sama, I have not done competitions like this before... I have not been to gathering of so many peoples... it's very exciting," Cho says, blushing a bit, abashed at his behavior.

Remove ads