Heroes Season 1(#11)---12/04/06-'FALLOUT' Mid-Season Cliffhanger

Taelorn76

First Post
mmu1 said:
That whole scene was like a dream - and as such, like many dreams, symbolic and out of his conscious control.

You've got Claire in her cheerleader uniform, Mohinder in a cab, Matt - who's been suspended from the force - running around Manhattan in an LA cop's uniform... None of it is necessarily an accurate and literal representation of reality (past or present) any more than his dream of talking to his dying patient and then flying out the window was. It's just a confused, dream-like message.

The fact the city was empty doesn't mean it was evacuated, either - it can very well just be a way of (either on the part of the director, or Peter's subconscious mind) eliminating the background clutter and saying "These are the people who are going to be important."

Or the producers didn't feel like dealing with huge amounts of extras when they didn't need to. :)

IIRC Nathan was the only who didn't turn away from Peter when he was about to blow. I think that speaks volumes about Nathan's character. He is not as self absorbed and does actually care about his brother.

Also if Nathan is invounerable while in flight then he could be the one to save the city by flying Peter away, or better yet standing close enough to Peter so he could fly himself away, and detinate in atmosphere.

Steel_Wind

Legend
DonTadow said:
We still don't know what sylar's exact power is, we know that he has an ability to "fix thing".

An interersting aside: is Sylar's ability to fix things? Because the "ability to fix things" seems also to be the power of Micah - (Nikki/Jessica's son). His manifests with electronics instead of watches...but is it any different?

Is Micah a Sylar Mk II in the making?

Taelorn76

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
An interersting aside: is Sylar's ability to fix things? Because the "ability to fix things" seems also to be the power of Micah - (Nikki/Jessica's son). His manifests with electronics instead of watches...but is it any different?

Is Micah a Sylar Mk II in the making?

And with all the domestic violence going on between Nikki/Jessica and DL the odds are would be leaning that way (at least in real life).

Fast Learner

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
An interersting aside: is Sylar's ability to fix things?
No, that's not his power at all. His power is to understand how things work, and as a result, know when things are broken. When we see him in his timepiece-repair days, he can tell that Papa Suresh's watch isn't working right instantly, but he still has to mechanically take it apart and fix it.

Micah hasn't displayed an ability to tell when something's broken, just to fix something that is.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Flexor the Mighty! said:
So how does he fix his brain then?
That we don't know, yet. It is possible he is able to tell what what part of the brain is being used by his victims and adjust his to perform the same task.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I don't get the complaints regarding too large a cast.

It is one of the things I love about this show.

Plenty of threads and people and I never lose interest.

I mean, I don't love all the characters equally, but that is true of any show.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
So why was Peter ill? He shouldn't have been, since Claire was in his cell long enough that he should have absorbed her powers. An d he obviously doesn't have to concentrate on someone's power to use it. IIRC pretty much every time he's used a power he had no idea he was getting it from someone else. Also note that the last time he absorbed Claire's power he still had it several minutes after she ran off to get help.

Nikki's kid. Bad writing, or direction, here. He gets slammed into a pile of rocks and looks like he's in great pain. But as soon as mommy shows up he springs into her arms, all better! And he remains all better until a distraction is needed so Nikki can go turn herself in.

Removing Zack's memory of any interaction with Claire since the sixth grade? This goes beyond bad to insane. Unless their high school is unlike any other I've ever heard of the gossip grapevine is all over the two of them being together for the past couple of weeks. That means that like half the school is going to be aware of his lost memory pretty soon. And to confirm it, all someone has to do is ask him the one question he can't answer. "So why did you campain so hard for Claire to win the Homecoming Queen contest?" Since his reasons were obviously inextrictably intertwined with what had been going on between the two of them, there's no way he can possibly answer that. And if HG had wiped Claire's memory she would have gotten the same deal from her friends.

I would much rather almost any other character had been offed than Eden. To me, she was the 'nicest' of the bunch. Also the least angsty of the bunch, mostly.

Remove ads