Ohio Gameday (January 18th) Game Sign Up

ashockney

First Post
You had to go there...

But I do have a special prize that I'm going to give away to the best DM. So, let the compitition really begin.

Yes, that sounds fair, since you'll be DM'ing too! Hmmmm....;)

I agree it's all about the fun! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in person this weekend.

I'm currently planning on getting down there around 3pm (and very tempted to run over to the National Championship Celebration), of course depending on how the parking and weather looks. Don't cancel on me if I'm not there when the previous games end at 2pm, though.

Crothian

First Post
Re: You had to go there...

ashockney said:

Yes, that sounds fair, since you'll be DM'ing too! Hmmmm....;)

I agree it's all about the fun! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone in person this weekend.

I'm currently planning on getting down there around 3pm (and very tempted to run over to the National Championship Celebration), of course depending on how the parking and weather looks. Don't cancel on me if I'm not there when the previous games end at 2pm, though.

Of course it's totally fair and predetermined :D

I figure we miught get some late people because of the celebration so depending on how things go we might delay the second teir games if everyone isn't there for a little bit.

DanMcS

Explorer
Crothian said:
But I do have a special prize that I'm going to give away to the best DM. So, let the compitition really begin. :D

I want bonus points because I cut myself last night making props. The exacto-knife is NOT your friend.

:)

Clear Dragon

First Post
Ohio Union Hours of Operation 2002 and 2003

Regular Hours of Operation:

Sunday 12pm - 11pm
Monday 7am - 11pm
Tuesday 7am - 11pm
Wednesday 7am - 11pm
Thursday 7am - 11pm
Friday 7am - 1am
Saturday 9am - 1am

Though there are events scheduled to start as early as 4:30 and 7:00 am so I imagine the doors are unlocked earlier, just no staff is present. Likewise there is an event scheduled to end atl 3:00 am, so running late shouldn't be a problem.

Crothian

First Post
Thanks Clear Dragon. I'll probably be done there around 9am. On the whole Gamers are known to be morning people so I should be first. :D

Clear Dragon

First Post
Map of the Basement

btw top is West, bottom is therefore the High St. side. The parking garage is to the north (right) of the building.

Gray Suite K is in lower left corner of the map next to the Lanes Lounge.

floor00.gif

Last edited:

Clear Dragon

First Post
And here is the ground floor (or first depending upon your preferred numbering convention).

The ATM is 5/3 btw

And a pizza place came in recently too, it is in the unmarked food place next to HD Dawg.

floor01.gif

Last edited:

Clear Dragon

First Post
even more stuff....

Places to eat in the union. Lifted from the union's webpage

Freshens

Freshens Smoothie Company is the largest custom-blended smoothie concept in the country. Teaming up with MET-Rx, they provide several leading-edge Nutritional Boosters as well as their real whole fruit, vitamin-fortified smoothies. Soft-serve frozen yogurt with fruit and candy toppings also available.

Saturday 11:00am-7:00p

HD Dawgs

Do you need a quick snack or maybe even a little suger pick me up? HD Dawgs is the place. From Cookies, Cinna Buns, Soft Drinks, Fruit Drinks... you name it they got it.

Saturday 11:00am-7:00p

Mark Pi's

Mark Pi's is the only fast-food chinese restaurant in the Union. Their menu consists mainly of chicken, pork, and shrimp entrees, but also provide a large vegetarian selection as well.

Saturday 11:00am-9:00

Steak Escape

National chain restaurant providing cheesesteak, fries, and more.

Saturday 11:00am-8:00

Wall Street Deli

Wall Street Deli is an upscale, big city style deli. Their menu includes a variety of high quality meats and breads, as well as salad, baked potatoes, and more.
11:00am-8:30p

Wendy's
International restaurant chain with well over 5000 locations across the U.S. alone, serving hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, fries, salads, potatos, chili, and more.

Saturday 7:00am-10:00

Woody's Place

Serving barbecue style sandwiches, tasty sides, and a wide assortment of beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) in a fun, casual atmosphere. Woody's Place is a great place to catch local bands, watch the big screen TV, and participate in other fun, popular entertainment. The Meal Plan and Buck-ID are accepted.

Friday-Saturday 11:00am-1:00am (Kitchen closes at 9pm)

East to West Noodles

East to West Noodles features a variety of noodle dishes that are popular on both the east and west sides of the globe, all at great prices! Egg Flower Soup with Shrimp, Pho, and Tha Jung Noodle represent a sampling of dishes available from the eastern hemisphere. Shrimp Alfredo, Spaghetti Meat Sauce and (of course!) Mac and Cheese represent a sampling of dishes from the West. There are a variety of delicious salads available as well.

Enkhidu

Explorer
As promised, here is a (very) short primer on Paranoia - I will provide another quick (5 minute) intro right before play begins on Saturday in order to bring everyone up to speed on some game mechanics. This here is for flavor!

UTOPIA
Pronunciation: yu-'tO-pE-&
Function: noun
1 : see Alpha Complex

Alpha Complex is perfect. Every clone has a sleeping cubicle thoughtfully provided for them, every citizen has more than enough food, and each has a fulfilling profession: obviously, every clone in Alpha Complex is perfectly happy. And Alpha Complex owes that sense of happiness and security to the watchful optical sensor of our friend, the Computer.

The Computer has been with all of us since the beginning of our lifecycles – from the earliest days in the clone farms through happy and fulfilling days of entertainment eating Hot Fun and drinking Bouncy Bubbly Beverage while watching The Troubleshooting Adventures of Tella-O-MLY, the Computer has been there. As it is said, “It knows when you are sleeping, It knows when you connive. It knows when you’ve been traitorous, so be loyal and alive!” How can a clone feel less than joyful in such a happy environment?

Yet, some clones have turned away from their friend the Computer, and these traitors threaten the very existence of Alpha Complex!

“How can this be?” you ask. “How can traitors to Alpha Complex not see that the Computer’s guidance allows for complete happiness?” Perhaps they are members of traitorous Secret Societies, bent on taking control of Alpha Complex and ruling over all good clones. Or perhaps they are horrible Mutants: deviant clones bent on destroying the Computer. Maybe, just maybe, they are from the Outside, the terrifying unknown. Worst, they might be Commies, spreading their propaganda to unknowing clones until traitorous thoughts spread like a rash on a clone working as Reactor Shielding.

That’s where you come in. You have the honor of being one of the chosen clones – you are a Troubleshooter.

But what do Troubleshooters do? Why, a Troubleshooter shoots trouble, of course. In addition, Troubleshooters get to go on all sorts of fun and exciting missions for the Computer! Doesn’t that make you happy? Of course, being the Computer’s chosen clones also means that some Troubleshooters also fall victim to the plots of Commie Mutant Traitors and end up stabbed, shot, laser burned, disintegrated, made into the occasional batch of Cold Fun, and accidentally Summarily Executed. Such dangers are simply the price a clone pays for Utopia.

Yet the traitors have spread their influence even to the ranks of the Troubleshooters! So be on the lookout for Commies and Secret Society members and Mutants. All such traitors need to be Summarily Executed immediately!

So have a nice daycycle, Troubleshooter, and remember:

Stay Alert!
Trust No One!
And Keep Your Laser Handy!

Remove ads