IG's "Those Left Behind" Chapter 3

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

"Don't let you muscles overrule your brain lad. You don't want to join this club. You can bet the game won't be fair. If any of us were to win a substantial bet I suspect the best you could hope for would be a good beating out back if not a dagger clogging your windpipe." Considering further he adds, "You know if the lot in charge of this place has been working on something in the sewers, there might be a better way for us to get in. Perhaps we could come in from below?"

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

"You know if the lot in charge of this place has been working on something in the sewers, there might be a better way for us to get in. Perhaps we could come in from below?"

Shai fidgets a bit.

"Only that means we gotta try to make our way through the tunnels, which might be a whole 'nother set of fights.

"If the fights are in the basement, what's up top? Is there a reason we might go there? I mean, you might have to lay low, Rogash, unless Talashia has some magic what can disguise you, but none of the rest of us have been in there. Maybe we could talk our way downstairs, or maybe White Plume's up top for now.

"I mean, it can't be worse than slogging through goo critters ...

"It can't, can it?"

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric7, AC18,FF15,T13, HP35/35

jkason said:
"I mean, it can't be worse than slogging through goo critters ...

"It can't, can it?"

"Great Golden Grief, let's sure as the Black Mists of Hades hope not, Shai!

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC:
A) wanting a clrification

B) they might have seen something

By "both" I meant that:

Yes, the same group of children are there reenacting the day's events, and

Yes, there is another group of children, or three, hanging about the area as well, as children are wont.

Hope that provides the clarification you need.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: i understand now!! clear as mud!

caerwyn considers rogash's words, especially the bit about the dagger and throat.

"white plume is probably to 'safisticed to get his hands dirty and is probablyin some office counting his coin in the upstairs area. comming from below somehow might be the best stealty way to do this. prehaps we need some sewer access, but i still need my bow."

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia tries to keep her thoughts together as everyone makes different suggestions in rapid succession. The fact is that she simply has no idea what the best idea is. Piecing it together takes her longer than her pride likes...but the fact was that she wasn't some superintelligent wizard molding the cosmos by means of words of power and painstaking knowledge of the secret laws of reality.

The power she had came from in her heart, in her blood. She wasn't stupid, but after a few years at the academy she knew she could only understand the barest rudiments of wizarding theories. She'd learned a lot at the academy, and she knew a lot about subjects few people did, but at times like this she had to really work to try to decide what to do next.

"All right," she said quietly, waving a hand at the others. "All right. Just a second. We can either stay out here and wait for him to leave, then track him home...or we can go inside and watch him in there...or we can go to the sewers and see if there's anything -under- this place. Those are the options we're looking at."

After a moment she says, "I think we have to go in, at least some of us. Our goal is to find out what he's doing...and for all we know, he's doing it in there. Waiting out here may make us miss vital clues."

She nods.

"So that we're not easily overpowered, it might be best we all go...but that will also make us more obvious. What do you think?"

Scotley

Hero
Rogash

"Perhaps I'm flattering myself, but I suspect he'll remember me. Rokelsh was in the cage with me when I first met he of the foppish topper. You can see the delight that worthless cur took in killing him. He's not likely to forget. If I go in there we'll likely be in a confrontation. Now I don't have a problem with that, I just want to make sure you're all clear on that so that nobody is surprised."

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark Simental, Cleric7, AC18,FF15,T13, HP35/35

"I was just trying to decide who should go and who should wait, and, believe it or not, I arrived at the same conclusion as you, Talashia. I also think that we should all go. But, you are correct, if we all do this, we shall have to be very circumspect, and I don't think it would be good for us all to enter in one group. I volunteer to go in the last group to enter, seeing as how I have no personal stake in this matter."

OOC: Quick! Have Talashia say something nasty! We can't have these two getting along, can we? :)

Last edited:

Remove ads