Against the Giants 5e PBP (Full)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Hey! What's the expected outcome with the intimidation attempt? Are we going to try to hold lour position and let them come to us? Do we have a plan?

The colonel can offer some (loud) battlefield control, but that will draw others from the various buildings (and possibly form the courtyard we just left). Are we going to close the door so we aren't attacked from the back?

Let's make some general plans, so we know we're on the same page.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Hey! What's the expected outcome with the intimidation attempt? Are we going to try to hold lour position and let them come to us? Do we have a plan?

The colonel can offer some (loud) battlefield control, but that will draw others from the various buildings (and possibly form the courtyard we just left). Are we going to close the door so we aren't attacked from the back?

Let's make some general plans, so we know we're on the same page.

Yes we’re going to close the door! :) not sure what Duvraels plan after the intimidation (Im ready to coup de grace the giants) - I assumed the room was dark and silent (plus Pass without Trace is still active for stealth checks)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
If we had an AOE attack (fireball) we could hit at least six in a surprise round with not half-damage possibilities.

Killing the guard while silence is up seems (to me) obvious (though the colonel would likely attract attention with lightning hands). I suspect Doc's shots in the silence would be very effective.

Once we no longer need the silence and we are past a surprise round, the colonel can conjure a storm cloud that will hover 10' off the ground: lightning damage,, and possibly some obscuring for anyone that tall (= giants!?)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yes we’re going to close the door! :) not sure what Duvraels plan after the intimidation (Im ready to coup de grace the giants) - I assumed the room was dark and silent (plus Pass without Trace is still active for stealth checks)
Well, it's dark-ish (I don't want the hassle of placing light sources, but basically we have dim light from about four sources and darkness in the spaces in-between). It's only silent around the entry door - the room is too big! PWoT is good as long as you're not seen.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Sorry, being online only a few times this last week made it hard to formulate a plan with the intimidate.

Yes we’re going to close the door! :) not sure what Duvraels plan after the intimidation (Im ready to coup de grace the giants)
Basically I figured it would be nice not to just kill everyone, but find another way of getting through. Scaring off opponents, making allies here and there.

Of course, now that we've woken up a dorm full of angry giants, that plan seems to have failed. So out come the fireballs. :p

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Sorry, being online only a few times this last week made it hard to formulate a plan with the intimidate.

Basically I figured it would be nice not to just kill everyone, but find another way of getting through. Scaring off opponents, making allies here and there.

Of course, now that we've woken up a dorm full of angry giants, that plan seems to have failed. So out come the fireballs. :p

yeah, after the whole Orc slaughter in the kitchens and now this it does seem to that Stealth and Strategy isnt a strong point for the group :(. Maybe if we survive the current room we should pause and discuss an actual plan…

Remove ads