Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCWesel

First Post
buzz said:
Interesting. What do people think about this?

Not really liking it, myself. (Also, 9:30-12:30 is only 3 hours, FYI.)

RE: Prizes:
Also, I like that folks can pick thier own prize. I would say that you could get (give out by blind drawing from a hat or dice bag) numbered tickets (pieces of paper), and let folks pick up thier prize at prize time in that order. The rolling the die thing is kinda tedious and more time consuming it seems. Just a thought.

Also, since you have the GMs get first pick, which is very appreciated, then we GMs don't need additional picks. At least this GM doesn't. Also, no need to move every prize is there? Can't some prizes carry over to game day or something?

Katrina stuff:
(Assuming I read this stuff right.) As for Katrina donations and all that, I say leave it out of Game Day. There's plenty of ways to donate and help folks with that on your own. Some folks won't want/can't do that (for whatever reasons they might have) and there's no reason to make them feel bad for what they do or do not do with thier money and resources.

FCWesel

First Post
This Saturday at 2pm I will be running a SERENITY demo event at Games Plus. It will play from 2pm to 6pm.

Thalmin, I have two folks who want to take a seat. Can you block off two seats for me under the names on that sign-up for Vince and Josh? Thanks.

buzz

Adventurer
FCWesel said:
I would say that you could get (give out by blind drawing from a hat or dice bag) numbered tickets (pieces of paper), and let folks pick up thier prize at prize time in that order. The rolling the die thing is kinda tedious and more time consuming it seems. Just a thought.
There's merit to this. I'd have to figure out how to fairly dole out tickets, though. Or mabe we just need to find a more expedient way to make use of the numbering on the sign-up sheet.

FCWesel said:
Also, no need to move every prize is there? Can't some prizes carry over to game day or something?
I dunno. I ilke seeing as many people as possible walk away with something. I also don't want to stick Curt with having to store prizes for months and months.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I like the idea of once through. Maybe we could bundle some of the smaller items together as a single prize package. I think we have some 2-part tickets at the store that we could use to get away from the dice rolling.

William Ronald

Explorer
I tend to like the current schedule, as it does allow some time for shopping. As for prizes, the tickets might work well.

Buzz, counting myself, how many people do we know have who are willing to run games -- and what systems. I know it is still early in the planning process, but maybe we could get an idea of where we are at?

Thalmin, would you like a poster for Games Plus to advertise the next Gameday?

Reidzilla

Explorer
William Ronald said:
Buzz, counting myself, how many people do we know have who are willing to run games -- and what systems. I know it is still early in the planning process, but maybe we could get an idea of where we are at?

As I've mentioned before, I will most likely run one or two of the following games: Weapons of the Gods, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2ed, Mutants & Masterminds 2ed (way better than 1st), Shadowrun 4th, Super Happy Fun Time Random Adventure, or Paranoia XP.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
William Ronald said:
Thalmin, would you like a poster for Games Plus to advertise the next Gameday?
Yes, if someone can design something with a logo and such that would be great.

William Ronald said:
Any more people stepping up to run games?
I wouldn't worry about that. I'd love to run something, Quickbeam may want to run something; if he doesn't I will.

It looks like maybe Matty will have the Cthulhu angle covered, but I always love running one-shots of that. I could also run a Dark•Matter/d20 Modern game, or a d20 Delta Green game (maybe the module included in the book, even), or an Eberron game, or a homebrew game...

In fact, if I come, I'll almost certainly want to run something, assuming I can get my foot in the door in time to do so. Finding folks to run at Chicago Gameday never seems to be a problem; there seem to be more people willing than there are slots to run games.

JoeGKushner

First Post
In terms of running games, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at one of the old D&D 3.0 classics like the Sunless Citadel or something from Dungeon magazine. It's just I've seen hwere you have too many options and not enough players.

buzz

Adventurer
JoeGKushner said:
In terms of running games, I wouldn't mind taking a crack at one of the old D&D 3.0 classics like the Sunless Citadel or something from Dungeon magazine. It's just I've seen hwere you have too many options and not enough players.
Hey, if anything, we were short GMs last time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads