Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sqwonk

First Post
1. I agree that while people need help - there are many ways to contibute to Katrina Help.
2. 3 hrs is too short of a slot for me.
3. I was hoping to run a 3.5 revised version of Against the Giants. But I can only make a morning slot.

When will the official sign-up to run games be posted?

buzz said:
Interesting. What do people think about this?

My concerns would be: a) it doesn't leave you any time to shop if you have a full schedule, and 2) the evening slot may not be able to go the full four hours. GP is closing down around 8-9pm; I don't know if we can really expect thalmin & co. to stay until 10-11pm.

As much as I'd like to play three (or four or five...) slots at a Gameday, I don't really like the short slot in the morning (only 9:30 to 12:30). For driving reasons, I would probably not stay for slot #3 anyway.

Let's keep it at 2 slots. People who want a third slot can play in on the sidewalk after hours. ;) Hey, we can run a Vampire LARP for the "sidewalk" slot! We'll call it "Mt. Prospect Maniac"--fun!!

William Ronald

Explorer
thalmin said:
Yes, if someone can design something with a logo and such that would be great.

Well, while I do not have much in the way of programs for creating great looking posters, I can maybe try to create something. However, those of you posting on the thread who have Adobe Photoshop or other software might want to make a great poster for Thalmin. So, is anyone going to step up and volunteer for this. (Thalmin and everyone at Games Plus have been great hosts, so maybe this is a way to say thanks.) So far, we have the date (November 12th), location, and start time (9:30 AM) fixed. Possibly a poster might have the web address to this thread.

buzz

Adventurer
Sqwonk said:
When will the official sign-up to run games be posted?
Soon, but we're in no rush as yet. If you want to declare your event right now, you're welcome to.

William Ronald

Explorer
I would like to have Slot 0, Breakfast and I will most likely bring a few things for people to eat at the start of the regular events. (It helps that I live near a very good bakery.)

We still have a need for people to step up and volunteer. This time, it seems that we have many D&D games and closely related games. Perhaps some people might want to step up and run some other games. Also, will we have a miniatures painting session? That always seems to be popular.

Ninjacat

First Post
Okay, let me just raise my hand here and say that I will DEFINITELY be running a Unisystem Buffy the Vampire Slayer game, and most likely a Mutants & Masterminds as a second if we end up with half slots again. Unless people really want to see something "new", in which case I can always run a West End D6 Legend system Hercules & Xena game. But I'll run a BtVS whether it's a full or a half slot; the adventure I have in mind is easily adjustable.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Escape Initiative

Eden Studios Unisystem

If you like Resident Evil, particularly the first movie, you'll enjoy this.

William Ronald

Explorer
Ninjacat said:
Okay, let me just raise my hand here and say that I will DEFINITELY be running a Unisystem Buffy the Vampire Slayer game, and most likely a Mutants & Masterminds as a second if we end up with half slots again. Unless people really want to see something "new", in which case I can always run a West End D6 Legend system Hercules & Xena game. But I'll run a BtVS whether it's a full or a half slot; the adventure I have in mind is easily adjustable.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Escape Initiative

Eden Studios Unisystem

If you like Resident Evil, particularly the first movie, you'll enjoy this.

I think we still are debating about the half slots. Maybe some of the Chicago members can comment on what games they would like to see. Thanks for stepping up as a GM, Ninja Cat!

buzz

Adventurer
The existence of half slots really just depends on whether people volunteer to run them. Granted, unless there are at least two GMs running half-slots in the same part of the day, there's not as much point. :)

Ninjacat

First Post
buzz said:
The existence of half slots really just depends on whether people volunteer to run them. Granted, unless there are at least two GMs running half-slots in the same part of the day, there's not as much point. :)

Well, consider me volunteering to run half-slots in either slot, if anybody else is interested... ..if not, I'm running BtVS, um, also either, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases