Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Oooops. For what it's worth to anyone out there, it seems Windycon is the weekend of Nov. 12. Does it matter to anyone?

Reidzilla

Explorer
Dang! It seems like you can't go a weekend in Fall without tripping over a Chicagoland or Mid-western con!

Thalmin, is Games-plus planning to attend Windycon as a vendor? If so, will you still have enough staff to run the Gameday?

thalmin

Retired game store owner
We are not attending WindyCon, which is why I wasn't aware of the overlap. There is no problem with the date as far as we at Games Plus are concerned. Is it a problem for any ENWorlders?

Nikmal

First Post
Yes I will be running a Painting Seminar, health allowing after my surgery next week :)

Also I would suggest keeping with the old schedule.. it seems to work fine for everyone.. it allows for shopping and the casual atmosphere that the game day seems to need as I always see people wandering around chatting to each other and getting to know each other better then the occasional thread on here :)

As far as Windy Con goes.. the 12th is perfect for me.. the further from my surgery the better!!
Thanks!

William Ronald

Explorer
Nikmal, good luck with your surgery! I hope you heal up swiftly.

Perhaps it might be best to consider another date, as Windy Con might cut into the attenance figures for the Gameday. Buzz, what do you think?

Reidzilla

Explorer
buzz said:
thalmin has contacted me about possible dates, with the following currently available at Games Plus: Oct 22 and 29, Nov 12 and 26.
thalmin said:
it seems Windycon is the weekend of Nov. 12.
barendd nobeard said:
Nov 26 is Thanksgiving weekend. There's a big RPGA con over at the College of DuPage that weekend...Oct. 29 is a very large RPGA con in Wisconsin
FCWesel said:
CONCEPTION (the folks who do CONCENTRIC) have a CON that runs 28-30 OCT

Err...it seems lile we're running out of weekends. :uhoh: If we decide against Nov 12, that is.
Not counting Oct 22, we would either have to plan for early Oct or early Dec. Early Oct might work but we would have to kick into high gear. Early Dec is smack dab in the holiday season which could pose many problems. :eek:

Thalmin, any suggestions?

P.S. Good luck Nikmal!

Digital M@

Explorer
Each game day does not need to have huge attendence. Has there been a rash of people who say they are ging to the Con? I suggest, keep the date and if a few people can't make it there is another Chicago Game Day in a few months. That is just my opinion which as most of you know is always the right opinion.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Reidzilla said:
Err...it seems lile we're running out of weekends. :uhoh: If we decide against Nov 12, that is.
Not counting Oct 22, we would either have to plan for early Oct or early Dec. Early Oct might work but we would have to kick into high gear. Early Dec is smack dab in the holiday season which could pose many problems. :eek:

Thalmin, any suggestions?

P.S. Good luck Nikmal!
Early October is out. We are booked.
I have only heard it mentioned once about WindyCon, so it seems there aren't many Con-flicts (sorry). There may be no reason to change. I just brought it up in case it was a factor for anyone. No one here has said anything yet, or did I miss it?

FCWesel

First Post
thalmin said:
Early October is out. We are booked.
I have only heard it mentioned once about WindyCon, so it seems there aren't many Con-flicts (sorry).
I am gonna come to the store tomorrow and thump you in the shin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads