Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Reidzilla said:
What verbage would best sum up and promote our Gameday?
I'm still a big fan of "HUGE DORKS!" in big, big letters and then general info about Gameday beneath. :)

Anyway, best to just make sure the name and date of the event are in big, readable-from-far-away text and general info follows. Pimp the Web site!

At least tentatively, if the date is truly set for the 12th, I think I'm going to be able to make it. The Illini are away at Purdon't that weekend, so that means there's no marching band which means my weekend is fairly free. So yeah...I might just have to come up for a weekend of nerdery... :D

William Ronald

Explorer
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
At least tentatively, if the date is truly set for the 12th, I think I'm going to be able to make it. The Illini are away at Purdon't that weekend, so that means there's no marching band which means my weekend is fairly free. So yeah...I might just have to come up for a weekend of nerdery... :D

I would be glad to see you. So far, it seems that Nov. 12th is the date.

Ninjacat

First Post
Trevalon Moonleirion said:
So yeah...I might just have to come up for a weekend of nerdery... :D

Geekery, not nerdery.

A gaming-geek nerd like you ought to know better.

Or something.

*snicker*

William Ronald

Explorer
Ninjacat said:
Geekery, not nerdery.

A gaming-geek nerd like you ought to know better.

Or something.

*snicker*

To err is human, to forgive divine --- check Deities and Demigods out for the details. :lol:

Seriously, I think we need to firm a few things up on Gameday. I think that there is a general concensus on November 12th and the traditional schedule.

Nikmal

First Post
TracerBullet42 said:
I think something along the lines of "Come to Gameday or the puppy gets it!"

People are suckers for that kind of stuff.

Seriously, though, I'd probably put some emphasis on the variety of games offered, because there's usually a good assortment.

And newbies are welcome...that'd be a good thing to put on there too.

Oh...and the word FREE should probably be on there somewhere, too.

Can there be a mention for the painting seminar as well? I know the games are important.. but the painting seminar is so vastly different from the games that it could warrent a seperate mention on the poster?

There are ALOT of people that come to the Game Store that are very new to painting that it could draw some with the mention too :)
Thanks in advance just in case.

William Ronald

Explorer
Nikmal said:
Can there be a mention for the painting seminar as well? I know the games are important.. but the painting seminar is so vastly different from the games that it could warrent a seperate mention on the poster?

There are ALOT of people that come to the Game Store that are very new to painting that it could draw some with the mention too :)
Thanks in advance just in case.

This is a GREAT idea, as it can help draw in many new people! Not all people who paint miniatures are into RPGs.

Reidzilla

First Post
Well, here is the rough draft of the poster. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• webPreviewPoster.jpg
    webPreviewPoster.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 71

Bront

The man with the probe
Reidzilla said:
Well, here is the rough draft of the poster. Let me know what you think.
What? I half expected you to slip in a "Sponsored by Dice Goblins (tm)" in the flyer.

I'm disapointed ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases