Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidzilla

First Post
Bront said:
What? I half expected you to slip in a "Sponsored by Dice Goblins (tm)" in the flyer.

I'm disapointed ;)

Shhh! Keep it quiet mister or I'll telepatheticaly order your Dice Goblin to hurt you while you sleep! :p

William Ronald

Explorer
Reidzilla: I LOVE the poster. I do have a question for you and Nikmal. Is the miniature painting seminar an all-day event? (As I recall, we had it just in the morning slots in the past.)

Barendd -- one way or another, you and Quickbeam and I (and anyone else) will play a Cthulhu game together for this gameday. We've been threatening to do it for far too long to let it escape us again.

Jaws

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Barendd -- one way or another, you and Quickbeam and I (and anyone else) will play a Cthulhu game together for this gameday. We've been threatening to do it for far too long to let it escape us again.
Dibs. I want in on that!

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Joshua Dyal said:

Oh yeah! I definitely want to play CoC with you two! Ever since I heard "I throw a tea cup at the monkey" from your Duchess' Tea Party game a couple of years ago....

Jaws said:
Dibs. I want in on that!
Only if you agree (1) not to stay in the back and (2) not to refuse to read mythos tomes. That's half the fun! :p

Barendd Nobeard said:
Oh yeah! I definitely want to play CoC with you two! Ever since I heard "I throw a tea cup at the monkey" from your Duchess' Tea Party game a couple of years ago....
:lol: That was a fun game. Sadly, the Chicago crowd had to put up with my "Beta" version; I think I ran it a bit better at the later Detroit Gameday, after I worked out a few minor kinks. I wouldn't mind reviving the concept and trying something similar again sometime.

Sounds like a Chicago Cthulhu session is "a date." With the three of us + Jaws, that's not too far away from a full session already. I know Kevin was going to run one last time; if he still wants to do so, maybe we can just do that. If he doesn't want to run for some reason (I think he ran that session at GenCon; he may not want to do it again) I wouldn't mind doing one myself.

And, uh, sorry buzz. Don't mean to be stepping on the game organization process here. Say, why haven't you responded in the most recent Larry Elmore thread yet, anyway? :p

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Reidzilla said:
Well, here is the rough draft of the poster. Let me know what you think.
Lookin' good! My suggestions would be:

* To make the big text bigger and the small text smaller. Gotta rope 'em in to bother reading the explanatory text.

* Maybe hold off on mentioning too many specific games until the events are more set. Granted, if you wait on the final version until we've got our volunteers, then it's no biggie.

Thanks for the work, 'Zilla!

buzz

Adventurer
William Ronald said:
Seriously, I think we need to firm a few things up on Gameday. I think that there is a general concensus on November 12th and the traditional schedule.
Hey, we're firm. Nov 12th has already been set as the date, and the proposed changes have been mostly spitballing. The only thing up in the air right now is whether there will be half-slots, but that has to wait for GMs to step forward.

buzz

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
And, uh, sorry buzz. Don't mean to be stepping on the game organization process here.
Usurper!

Hey, nothing is final until we have a sign-up thread. :)

Joshua Dyal said:
Say, why haven't you responded in the most recent Larry Elmore thread yet, anyway? :p
I'm trying to focus my energies on positive actions these days.

So... where is this Elmore thread? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases