Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
buzz said:
Hey, we're firm. Nov 12th has already been set as the date, and the proposed changes have been mostly spitballing. The only thing up in the air right now is whether there will be half-slots, but that has to wait for GMs to step forward.

I think Nikmal still has to confirm or deny that he will have a miniatures painting thread in both slots. (It should be cleared up, as Reidzilla's EXCELLENT poster mentions all day miniature painting.) However, things are firming up.

Joshua, don't be too hard on yourself about the Duchess' Tea Party -- which was fun. I think part of the problem is that a PC really needed to portray a certain cleric for the background information.

William Ronald said:
Joshua, don't be too hard on yourself about the Duchess' Tea Party -- which was fun. I think part of the problem is that a PC really needed to portray a certain cleric for the background information.
Oh, I'm not being hard on myself, I'm just saying that it had a few minor kinks that I fixed for the Detroit gameday, where I ran a very similar game.

Dang; I haven't run in a while. If Quickbeam doesn't end up running his Cthulhu adventure, maybe I can run something. There's also a guy I work with who's just started what he calls a "rogue" campaign; essentially magic classes are severaly limited (I don't know if that's formal, or nobody just picked any) and they're running around on a pirate ship. I think something like that would be really fun; opening up the Complete Adventurer and Warrior books up to bulk up the classes so you have more options.

Or I could run Duchess Part II.

Or... Well, I could run a lot of things, I guess.

Nikmal

First Post
William Ronald said:
I do have a question for you and Nikmal. Is the miniature painting seminar an all-day event? (As I recall, we had it just in the morning slots in the past.)

The Painting seminar is an all day event. In the past two game days at least it was all day as well :)

Not sure about the other game days though :)

I should be ok to make it to the game day.. it is far enough out that I should be well into recovery by that time. Though I have to have something to eat every 3-4 hours and something to drink all day long :)

So this to shall be fun! :)

Last edited:

Digital M@ said:
I forgot to mention, I really enjoyed the Tea party adventure.
Hey, you were in that? I don't remember your username--have you changed it since, or am I just being flaky?

I remember the faces of everyone in that game, if that means anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads