Pathfinder 2E [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#1 Chapter#1

GM: Initiative order:
Goblin init: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18
Hiromi - 14
Radaceus - 12
Jericho - 11
Urik - 10
Corwin - 6

Hiromi is struck by an arrow from the north end of the chamber. A second arrow zips just past her. As she's realizing this she finds a pair of goblins are now in her face.

GM: Bowshots from darkness: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

bow damage: 1D10 = [4] = 4

Hiromi still can't see the goblins but i'm updating the map so people who can see who enter the area can plan appropriately.

Players are up.
[sblock="MAP"] ashen ossuary LQ.png[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Much to her shame, Hiromi was not as prepared as she had expected to fight goblins - certainly not on her own in the dark! She managed to not cry out for help, worried that she would only alert more of the creatures. Instead, she thrust her sword at them, and then carefully stepped away before running back down the winding stairs to alert the others.

OOC: Action1: Rapier Attack vs Sensed (I assume they count as sensed, as they are right there harassing her) Target: [roll0] (dc11 flat check, or she automatically misses this attack:) [roll1] for [roll2] damage. Who knows? Maybe she'll get lucky. Action2: Step back 5', Action3: Stride to M17. From there, she'll wave to the others to get a front-liner to move up.

GM: I just realized I used the wrong damage die d10 instead of d6 for the shortbow attack. Since the value was not over 6 we'll leave that damage as 4. I'm not sure "Sensed" is supposed to apply, but the goblins are shouting "kill the human" and stuff so you probably do know which square you are attacking. You failed to indicate which goblin you were striking in your attack. So I'll assume the goblin at L22 is injured. Also, if I use the rules for "Unseen", you still would hit, so all is good.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Narkle moves around toa position where he can see better up the stairs. he speaks some weird gibberish, twirls in place, gesturing up the way with both hands, clapping one on top the other while he snaps his fingers, producing a quadruple popping sound. Four lights appear up the winding corridor.

OOC:
Action 1: stride to T16 {edit: i meant to S16...map comprehension fail ;) }
Action 2 & 3: Verbal Somatic casting of Dancing Lights (Cantrip, range 120', Concentration). targeting area K18/K19 (2 in each square), each light has luminescence of a torch

Kaodi

Hero
Urik takes the hint and moves up the stairs, torch brandished in one hand and his morningstar ready in the other. As the goblins come into view he sees one has been bloodied and he moves forward to take a swing at it. The cramped confines of the tunnel foil him however.

OOC: 1. Stride to M18.
2. Stride to M21.
3. Strike! Morningstar: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Ew. In any case, I know Corwin would be a better attacker this turn but I figured that next turn the ideal maneuver (assuming I am not clobbered by gobbos in the meantime) will be to Shove to make space for others, and I am better equipped for that than him. Can drop the torch as a free action then make multiple attempts if I have to.

GreenKarl

First Post
Knowing he was worthless in the dark and in the tightness of the stairs, Jericho waited until Urik (with the torch) and Corwin to go before him. Once in the stairs he moves up to get a good shot at any of the goblins within...

OOC: 1. Delay until Urik and Corwin act first.
2. Stride, depending on what's open. I think maybe M19 or 20 (if I can get that far)
3. Ready action to make Range Strike with alchemist fire bomb vs. goblin he can see. If one appears Ranged strike roll; fire damage if he hits: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15; 1D8 = [5] = 5

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Hearing the noise, Corwin tries to move up. Frustrated by the tight quarters he prepares to deflect any missiles coming his way.
OOC: 1. Stride to M19.
2. Stride to M20.
3. Raise Shield.

Hiromi strikes out blindly, her rapier sinking sickly into goblin flesh. She has no time to celebrate as she steps back and retreats.
Radaceus lights the tunnel. Hiromi can see the goblin she struck is bleeding and looking at her angrily from around the corner.
Urik rushes forward, his morningstar going wide of the short target.
Corwin moves forward and raises his shield against missile fire.
Jericho gets behind Corwin and lobs a fire bomb at a goblin. It nearly strikes a corner of the wall before it impacts on the goblin to the west, and slightly singes the one to the south.

Now that there is light in here:
The walls of this long chamber are scorched dark, and the thick layers of soot crusting to the ceiling above attest to the tremendous fire that must have raged through this room in the past. Burial niches in the walls and the row of central pillars contain only fragments of burnt wood and charred bone.

The goblins shout for vengeance for their fallen comrade. The one to the south steps in front of Urik and attacks twice, hitting both times, for 10 hp of damage.
The goblin on fire to the west puts the fire out. Drops his sword. Draws his bow. And fires at Corwin, but misses thanks to his shield.
A goblin steps up next to Urik and also attacks with his sword but misses.
Another goblin comes around a column and fires his bow at Corwin and nicks him for 1 hp of damage. (They are firing at Corwin because he is higher up than Urik. There are stairs.)

[sblock="MAP"]ashen ossuary LQ.png[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Two shots of pain and Urik takes a wild swing his morningstar which sails over the head of his goblin adversaries once again. Gritting his teeth he regains some composure and boldly steps into the room to make and keep space for Corwin and Hiromi rather than retreat to safety. As he does so the half-orc drops the torch onto the ground and makes a motion in the air before putting his hand on his chest over the open palm of Irori. The wounds he has just taken begin to close up and any discolouration from the ooze's acid fades away. "To be lucky is good," he growls, "But to be blessed is better."

OOC: 1. Strike! Morningstar: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D6+3 = [4]+3 = 7
2. Step.
3. Somatic Casting, Heal: 1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9

HP 19/15, Heal 3/2

Remove ads