Pathfinder 2E [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#1 Chapter#1

Radaceus

Adventurer
Narkle strides up the stairs behind the others. he calls out in goblin 'Oi! brakka lacka, somna getcha brah! etsa ona corroboree?'

[sblock=Goblin translation]
'Hullo, my fine fellows, listen up for we be friends! why for are you hindering our passage to yon party?!'

evidently, Narkle's goblin is a much more refined vernacular than his common...
[/sblock]

OOC:
1: sride to N17
2:concentration on Dancing Lights
3: diplomacy/deception check?

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
Jericho is torn seeing the half-orc take two glancing blows but then the warrior-priest called on his divine healing and looked far better. Hoping for the best he stepped forward and threw the firebomb in his hand at the goblin deeper in the room. Once he had lobbed the bomb he grabbed his alchemist pack off his back.

OOC: From last round, had second fire bomb in hand.
1. Step to M20 after Corwin moved forward.
2. Ranged strike vs. goblin in N24 (also possible splash 1 fire damage vs. goblin in M23) Ranged Strike; fire damage if it hits: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14; 1D8 = [4] = 4
3. Interact to grab alchemist tools

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi took a dagger in her off-hand and waited until she spotted an opening between her comrades where she could spot a goblin. Then she tossed the dagger through the little gap.

OOC: A1: Interact (draw dagger); A2: Step to L18; A3: Attack [roll0] for [roll1]p (she threw it from 20' with a range of 10', so I took -2 to the attack. Also, her allies are screening, so the thing's AC is +1, I assume. I don't think cover applies, though. HP: 13/17; Daggers 3/4

Narkle lights up the ossuary. Bones in the niches are plain to see. His attempt at diplomacy fails as the goblins are being slaughtered.
Urik misses the goblin in front of him but steps into the room to allow...
Corwin obliterates the goblin in front of him.
Hiromi steps forward and manages to throw a dagger through the crowd into the goblin behind that one, killing it.
Jericho's bomb injures the goblin with the bow.

The two goblins decide to flee, the one near Corwin carefully steps away to the northwest before turning and running. The both disappear up to the northern end of the tunnel. Urik does not see them attempt to go east.

GM: combat is over. but still refer to the map for where you wish to move about and search or explore. or stay in encounter mode if you wish.

Kaodi

Hero
Keeping his hand on his chest Urik feels the contours of his silver holy symbol hanging on its chain underneath. "Thankfully Irori has given me many blessings," he says as a wave of energy washes over everyone, soothing their pains and mending their wounds. "As I may have gotten a bit hasty there."

OOC: Casting full round Heal to restore 4 HP to everyone. Have just one casting of Heal left. After I used the first one I felt a bit foolish - what I did seemed cool and cinematic and tactically interesting but it was not a very efficient use of limited healing resources. This time I get close to the maximum value from it though.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Corwin moves to block any goblins coming up the east side of the chamber.

"Someone guard the west side while the rest of you search behind us to see if anything can sneak up on us."

OOC: Move to L22.

GreenKarl

First Post
"Do we have an extra torch?" Jericho asks "If not I would suggest Narkle or Urik do the guarding as they can see in the dark while we check out the area with the light"

OOC: Jericho puts the alchemist tools back and will be using his staff two-handed for the short term anyway.
EDIT: With Urik's Heal HP 17/17

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi grabbed her dagger from the dead goblin and felt a mild pang of regret. Then she felt her arrow-wound warm and the pain subsided. She thanked the god, and did what she was told, checking along the walls to see if there were any goblins hiding in the little alcoves.

OOC: HP 17/17; Daggers 4/4

Kaodi

Hero
"Unfortunately I did not inherit my mother's visual acuity. At least not that I can tell," replies Urik as he goes to take a look at the alcove where the hobgoblin had strung up Narkle's disloyal comrades. He was not concerned about taking them down for now but perhaps he would learn something about this grim hobgoblin.

Remove ads