Pathfinder 2E [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#1 Chapter#1

Corwin walks forward about 20 feet before kicking into a step. He follows the two steps up to a pitch black corridor heading east. He can hear water dripping in a chamber beyond his vision.

Kaodi

Hero
Urik moves to follow Corwin into the corridor to light his way. While he imagines he may just have been reading the signs wrong it would be best for him to be near at hand if they are beset by some undead villain. The half-orc did, after all, come prepared for that.

Urik's torch extends 20' down the corridor. In the dim light beyond, Urik's darkvision reveals a 20' deep room with a metal table or something running north-south through the middle of the room. A door can be seen on the far wall. The sound of dripping water remains steady.

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I don't have darkvision. I don't even have low-light vision, as I chose orc toughness and orc tongue as my half-orc benefits. You have to take the level 5 ancestry feat Orc Sight AND have low-light vision to get darkvision as a half-orc.

GreenKarl

First Post
Jericho follows behind Corwin and Urik, clucking his staff in both hands. He thinks to himself that he is going to save his alchemist components until later...

Radaceus

Adventurer
Narkle is moving up behind everyone and will position the dancing lights on either side of the corridor leading east out of the chamber.

The group slowly assembles at the mouth of the corridor and moves slowly into the next room.

The sound of dripping water echoes through this chamber. On the north side of the room, a nearly ten-foot-tall visage of a woman’s face is carved into the wall. Trickles of water run down her cheeks like tears into a foul and polluted reservoir below, which itself drains to a large pool of fetid black water on the south side of the room.

GM: If you are going to check any of this out, roll perception checks. I'm assuming Narkles dancing lights is lighting the room.
ashen ossuary A5.png

Aside from being a little murky, the pool seems to be ooze free. Looking further, in the pool, Urik see a figurine or perhaps an idol. It is a little bigger than one's hand and is just a head. The depiction is somewhat familiar. (Make a Religion check.)

Remove ads