log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF2E [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#2 Chapter#1


log in or register to remove this ad


ccs

40th lv DM
"If by ready & going you mean off to interrogate a goblin, then sure.
I'll be needing about an hour or so after that though to get my gear. Afterall, the invite only mentioned lunch. So I came dressed for that."
(gives a shrug)
Indeed, what you're looking at is a dwarf with his shaggy black hair tied back & beard groomed, dressed in low soft boots, clean trousers & shirt, belt, & a belt pouch. The closest thing to any equipment would be his clan dagger.
"I bet she needs to change too." (nodding towards Triessa Elrich)
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
The Lady gets up and says, "Right this way." She leads the group to a sturdy iron door that she opens and steps down the stairs beyond it. Torches in sconces every twenty feet dimly light the way. You pass two wooden doors before she opens another iron door. Inside is a bedroom. It is spartan in detail, but clean, well ventilated, and well lit by two sets of torch sconces. Sitting at a desk is a goblin who is drawing something with a piece of charcoal. When the Lady enters she stands up and bows awkwardly, "Oh, you returnt, Lady. I dun me best to draw Mudchewer home. See." She hands the paper to the Lady.

"That's excellent, Talga. Tell your story to these fine people and then we'll discuss the map."

"Mudchewer tribe was peaceful. Then Drakus the Taker arrive, big hobgoblin, and kill our chief and chief's guardsmen. He take over. He move tribe into sewers and makes us raid rich houses in city. He takes all the loot and leaves us scraps. Anyone complains he takes them into his chamber. A few hours later they body placed on hooks in display hall. They have no wounds but their blood all gone. Then he ask, 'Anyone else want to say som'ping?' And he laugh and go away. I hide when this happen.
"Last night me had enough. After the tribe raided this house, me stay behind, hide and hope no goblin see me so I can get away from Drakus. Many goblins before me leave tribe as well. Those who failed are hanging in the display hall with no blood."

"Very good, Talga," Keleri says. "Please explain to these people what can be found in each location on your map." She passes the map around as the goblin speaks.

"Um, 'kay, entrance is circle room. Nothing special there. Use to be lookouts but tribe too small now.
"Living quarters has old friends. They afraid of Drakus. Lots of old bones in room.
"You see garbage room, display room, and flower room. Garbage is for garbage. Display room where Drakus hang dead goblins who make Drakus mad. Flower room peaceful.
"On other side, shrine room feels funny. Me no go there.
"Nasty goblins live in east cavern. Me no go there. Not welcome. Those goblins are Drakus favorites. They cruel and vile like Drakus.
"Me also never see Drakus room. There is a door. Me know nothing. Me want to know nothing. Drakus must be stopped or tribe die."
ashen ossuary.png
 


"How much old friends be there? How much nasty goblins?"

Bixby listens to the goblin and scans the map. It seemed that the tribe was divided. Maybe it would be possible to enlist the scared goblins and have them help to take out the nasty goblins.

"Do ya be thinkin' old friends would be helpin' if we be askin'?"
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"When I there last there are six or eight old friends and I think just as many evil ones. But I think some of my friends might have escaped when I did. I'm not sure." Talga says after a (possibly) worrying amount of counting on her fingers.

"As for help, Drakus scarier than you. They not openly fight against him. But if Drakus dead, they would be thankful to you and not want to fight you. Bad goblins are bad. They like Drakus and I understand they probably should die."
 


Shayuri

First Post
"Talga," says Triessa with a bit of force to cut through the chatter nearby, "Does Drakus have any friends who aren't goblins? Maybe wolves or other creatures?"
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
Keleri says, "So if there are no other questions. I suggest you all leave and get your equipment. Return here in say three hours and you can head into the tunnels."
 

Bixby ignores the dwarfs response to his suggestion and smiles at Lady Deverin.

"I be going to get me stuff then. I be seeings you in three hours."

Bixby walks from the house and whistles for Bucky. The badger waddles up from the back. Bixby looks at the badger who has the remnants of wax and honey on his snout. The halfling wags his finger at his friend.

"What did I be tellings you. The Lady will beings mad at you again.? Bixby sighs, nothing he can do now. "Let's be going. We be havings an adventure tonight."
 


jmucchiello

Adventurer
The party meets at the house. Noboru does not return. The lady received word from him earlier. The remainder of you are escorted to the vault where you can see an opening in the floor that presumably leads into the sewers. Talga, the goblin, gives you directions to the Mudchewer Tribe lair and says it should only take you ten minutes to get there. Keleri says she will have four of her guards stationed here until the group gets back.

The party enters the sewer and about ten minutes later you find yourself looking through a passageway into a cistern that seems to be the one you were told is just outside the lair. You turn the corner and the cistern is by 15 feet away.

The damp sewer passages have led to a slimy cistern that stinks of decay. On the northern edge of this circular chamber lies a pile of burnt bones in front of a scorched tunnel.
GM: EarlyBird is MIA so Noboru is not with you. The adventure was intended for four so I just won't adjust it for five like I did with the other party.
Tglassy wins the prize for best character icon, right?
[sblock="MAP"]ashen ossuary A1.png[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Yep, that's me!


Coralin moves through the sewer passage, eventually pulling a small, scented cloth out of his pocket and holding it to his nose. He tries very hard not to get his shoes in the muck, but as it is everywhere, he cannot help himself. Oh god, some got in his shoe...

Upon seeing the bones, his stomach rolls. He should not have eaten so much.

"May as well prepare, I suppose," he says, making a few Occult gestures. A shimmering light surrounds his body, before fading, though he could still feel its presence. It felt like static cling, but all over. It would help protect him. Minimally, yes, but it would still work.

Once done, he sends out a Pulse, a trick he picked up a while back to detect any magic in the area. No sense not being careful!

OOC: I know this is two actions and has to be on two separate turns, but we're not in combat, so, first casting Mage Armor, increasing his AC by 1. After that, he casts Detect Magic, just to see what's what.
 


Bixby follows behind Elkhorn and Coralin seeming oblivious to the smell of the sewers. He cranes to look around the two in front of him as they move up towards the cistern. The druid looks around for threats as they approach the entrance to the goblin lair. The pile of burnt bones and the scorched tunnel giving him pause. He looks down at Bucky and speaks softly.

"Bucky you be stayin close. There be dangers near."

OOC: Rolling a Perception Check to look for threats in the room.
Perception check: 1d20+5 17
 



Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top