• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

PF2 [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#2 Chapter#1

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The party follows after Coralin. The stairs ascend, turn left, and descend into a large ossuary.

The walls of this long chamber are scorched dark, and the thick layers of soot crusting to the ceiling above attest to the tremendous fire that must have raged through this room in the past. Burial niches in the walls and the row of central pillars contain only fragments of burnt wood and charred bone.

To the north, the sound of several goblins can be heard in the far northern end of the large chamber. They might be celebrating something or arguing, it's hard to tell.

ashen ossuary LQ.png
GM: The yellow is the torchlight (I assume the light spell will be chosen :) ). PCs without darkvision can see nothing outside of the yellow area. We aren't in encounter mode but give me a round's worth of actions if you want to try to sneak up on the goblins or something.
 
Bixby pauses at the entrance to the tunnel. He looks in and shakes his head.

"This not be good."

He chants a quick spell and touches the top of his staff. A crystal embedded in the top of the staff bursts into bright light. Bixby holds the staff up to provide light for himself and the rest of the party.

"Ah that be doing better."

Bixby walks into the room looking towards the sound to the north. Bixby briefly thought about hiding but new that the light would instantly give him away. Not to mention the snuffling of Bucky who was not the stealthiest of companions.

OOC: Casting light on my staff. Going to enter the room and move to M24. I will look towards the noise and see if I can make out what is going on.
Perception check to see the goblins: 1d20+5 22
 

Shayuri

Villager
Triessa edges forward as well, but tries to keep her feet quiet and hug the crags of the walls to keep herself out of sight. Goblins were not difficult to defeat individually, but she didn't relish being too close to the front against a mass of the creatures.

(Stealth [roll0])
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Bixby hears the sound of goblins shouting and running down from the north. Elkhorn steps into the room (L22) and looks to the north. "Oy, gobs be rushing us, Lads."

GM: Coralin needs to roll perception.

Bixby 22
Coralin 20
Elkhorn 15
Goblins 13
Triessa 11

 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Okay, everyone but Triessa goes first. There are goblins in the a/b/c area of the map. (Elkhorn can see 2 of them.) Post what you do action by action. If the party heads toward the goblins, I'll have Elkhorn rush up there. If the party hunkers down, he won't.
 
OOC: Question, will Bucky follow me even if I don't command him? From my reading it looks like I would need to command him to follow me or he gets no actions. Just trying to decide if I can move and cast a spell and still have Bucky with me or if I should Delay until the goblins are in range of my Electric Arc.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: if you got far enough away from bucky without commanding him to stay, I would start making him follow slowly after you. But otherwise, yeah, he just sits there accrding to the rules.
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Are we gonna just charged forward? Cause if we are, I’m gonna use my Inspire Courage to give everyone a +1 boost to Damage and attack, raise my shield spell, and attack. But I wanna make sure that’s what we’re doing first.
 
OOC: I plan to delay till the goblins get close then cast a spell. Can't move and cast without leaving Bucky behind so will wait till they come to us. Will get my action up once I get home from work.
 
Bixby nods to Elkhorn. He looks down at Bucky.

"Be ready Buck when they be closer we be gettin them."

OOC: Delaying my action till after the goblins move.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Welcome, Tailspinner.

Well, it seems like you all are delaying. So I'll do the goblin's actions.

L22: stride, stride to L22, attack (dogslicer) Elkhorn, scuttle (to K22)
L23: stride, stride to L23 (trigger scuttle), attack (dogslicer) Elkhorn
N24: stride, stride to N24, attack (dogslicer) Bixby, scuttle (to N25)
M25: stride, stride to M25 (trigger scuttle), attack (shortbow) at Bixby

_: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14; 1D6 = [1] = 1 On Elkhorn
1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15; 1D6 = [5] = 5 On Elkhorn
1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17; 1D6 = [1] = 1 On Bixby
1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16; 1D6 = [3] = 3 On Bixby


What's a scuttle?
<0> Goblin Scuttle
Trigger A goblin ally ends a move action adjacent to the warrior.
Effect The warrior Steps.
ashen ossuary LQ.png
 
Bixby is surprised by the ferocity of the goblins assault. He barely has time to raise his staff in defense. His surprise cost him and he took a cut to his arm. It was merely a light scratch but it stung and began to bleed. The arrow loosed by the other goblin zips past Bixby's head. The halfling curses and motions to Bucky.

"Now"

As the badger begins to attack the goblin in front of him Bixby begins to cast. As he finishes an arc of electricity forks from his hands towards the two goblins. In the same instant Bucky snaps his jaws at the goblin that just struck Bixby. The jaws snap open air and the badger snarls and follows up with a vicious claw attack.

OOC: Bixby:
Action 1: Command Bucky to attack (Bucky gains 2 actions)
Action 2&3: Casting Electric Arc at the goblins on N24 and L25. It must make a DC 15 reflex save or take Electric Arc Damage: 1d6 4

Bucky:
Action 1: Bite attack on Goblin in N24 Bite attack on goblin on N24: 1d20+3 5; Jaw Damage: 1d8+2 3
Action 2: Claw attack on Goblin in N24 Claw attack on goblin in N24: 1d20+3-4 19; Claw critical damage: 2d6+4 13
 
Last edited:

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Yes, everyone in the party can post their actions in any order. I'll adjudicate them in initiative order. (So you might need to issue contingency actions (unless Bixby kills goblin at M25, the stride to .... etc.)
 

Advertisement

Top