log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF2E [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#2 Chapter#1

tglassy

Adventurer
Coralin squints his eyes at the spot Bixby mentioned, and held out his hand, raising his magical shield. Just in case.

OOC: Raising a shield. And keeping it raised until he doesn’t think he needs it anymore. AC increased by 1 again.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Bixby waits impatiently for Elkhorn to move into the chamber. As the pause extends longer than Bixby can stand he gently pushes past the others and into the room. He keeps his eyes on the spot he indicated and moves along the left wall. Bucky follows sniffing at the air.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Is anyone else doing anything or is the entrance to the sewer that intimidating?

[MENTION=6803664]ccs[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]
 

tglassy

Adventurer
[IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#2 Chapter#1

OOC: Coralin will likely not be going first. I’m really playing up the “has no idea what he’s gotten himself into” angle.
 



jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: E3 it is. Bucky follows to F4 (unless you tell him otherwise). There's definitely something bubbling at B5.

Everyone roll perception for initiative.
 




jmucchiello

Adventurer
Something is definitely moving in the northeast part of the cistern (B5). A slimy, smelly ooze rises from the murky water. It rushes forward, unleashes a foul wave of slimy goo, and then it strikes at Elkhorn, who has damaged it with his readied strike.

GM: Everyone rolls a reflex save DC 15 or you gain the "Hampered 10" condition. (Which reduced you movement speed by 10 feet per action.)
Elkhorn reflex save DC 15: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7 Failed

Initiative order
Elkhorn: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
Ooze: 1D20+6 = [17]+6 = 23
Bixby 21
Triessa 20
Coralin 5

Elkhorn is 1> raising his shield, 2>> readying an attack with his sword.
The ooze, 1> strides to D4,
Elkhorn's attack: 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23 HITS
1D8+3 = [7]+3 = 10


2> releases a wave of slime, 3> attack Elkhorn
Ooze strike, bludgeoning, acid damage: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16 Miss by 1 (good thing he raised his shield)
1D6+1 = [2]+1 = 3
1D4 = [3] = 3


Roll your reflex saves and then take your actions. Anyone who ends up slimed can take an action to reduced the hampered effect by 5 feet. (So it will take two such actions to completely remove the slime.)
ashen ossuary A1.png
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Ok, here we go. To be clear, it's three actions, right? I know I'm not until last, but I'm going to go ahead and post.


Coralin shrieks, trying to dodge the slime wave. [roll0]

He holds his left hand towards the slime, keeping his Shield Spell in place (Action 1: Cast Shield), and yells "Get it!" (Action 2: Inspire Courage). Then he stabs at the creature with his rapier. (Action 3: Stabby stabby.)

OOC: Action 1: Cast Shield - Raise Shield, add 1 to AC. AC is still 16
Action 2: Inspire Courage Composition - You inspire your allies with words or tunes ofencouragement. You and all allies in the aura gain a +1 conditional bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves against fear.
Action 3: Stabby Stabby (also called Strike in this game): [roll1] Damage: [roll2]
 

Even though he was ready Bixby is caught off guard when the wave of slime flows out of the puddle in front of the ooze. The slime coats Bixby sticking to his clothes and armor weighing him down and making it difficult to move. Bucky jumps back out of the way avoiding the slimy wave.

"Gets it Buck."

The honey badger moves around the ooze and swipes at it with his claw. As the badger moves Bixby begins to chant pulling a twisted piece of wood from a pouch. The halfling makes jagged motions with the stick and points towards the ooze as he completes the spell. An electric arc jumps from the stick towards the ooze.

OOC: Bixby: Reflex save: 1d20+4 9
Action 1: Command Bucky to attack (Bucky gains 2 actions)
Action 2&3: Casting Electric Arc at the ooze. It must make a DC 15 reflex save or take Electricity damage: 1d6 3
Bucky: Reflex save: 1d20+2 16
Action 1: Stride to C4.
Action 2: Unarmed Strike Claw Calw attack on ooze: 1d20+3 13 for Slashing damage: 1d6+2 8
 


Shayuri

First Post
Triessa tries to avoid the slime wave!

[roll0] vs DC 15.

With stoic-faced disgust, she wipes some of the muck from herself. (1 action)

She then casts a spell, creating a thin, straight line of pure white light streaking from her fingertip towards the oozy menace. Tiny flakes of snow waft gently down from where the line crosses the air...

[roll1] to hit, for [roll2] cold damage. Somatic and Verbal action.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The cold light hits the ooze cause part of it to slop to the floor. Coralin follows the spell with old fashioned steel. The ooze can no longer hold itself together and drops to the floor unmoving.

GM: Combat over. I assume you spent a moment cleaning up. Let me know who will lead up the steps to the north and what you are doing for a light source. (I should have asked sooner, oh well.)
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Coralin’s hands shook after the short battle. He had done it. He had helped kill a beast! Adrenalin coursed through him. He should record this experience.

“That...” he said, breathing heavily. “That was...exhilarating!”

He felt glorious. He took a moment to clean himself of slime, and then stepped out in front.

“Come, fellows,” he said to the others, unable to keep a small smile on his face. “Let us see what we have ahead of us!”
 

Shayuri

First Post
The half elf magess gives Coralin a dry look as she finishes toweling her hands off after shoveling gook off of her robes.

"Yes. It's more than I ever dared hope," she says, deadpan.

But she follows along.
 

Bixby cleans the muck off himself he whistles quietly as he works. Once he has cleaned enough of the slime off that he can move normally he stands and grins at the others. He nods at Coralin when she speaks.

"Yes we be just behind ya." He looks over at Bucky. "We be going now Buck."

The honey badger glances over at Bixby from where it had been digging through the ooze.

OOC: I have dancing lights as a cantrip prepared. However I did not fully read the concentrate on a spell rules until now. Is it possible to change out Dancing Lights for Light? If not that is fine it would let me playtest the concentration rules and see how hindering they are.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: I don't care either way. Play whichever version you prefer. Though, if you have other concentration spells, you should probably switch it out. :)
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top