[LPF] A Soul Indiscretion

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Another Living Pathfinder tale of daring do! Will the dastardly Aldern Foxglove *twirls his moustache* succeed in killing more of E'n's aspiring heroes, or will the adventurers overcome the odds to triumph!

Judge: HolyMan
DM: Aldern Foxglove

Heroes:
Amadeus Falkner: Human 1st Level Cavalier
Borric Hawkins: Human 2nd Level Fighter
Orlando Furioso: Human 2nd Level Rogue
Sylvain Marana: Human 2nd Level Witch
Guy Ledo: Human 1st Level Inquisitor
Zelena Andu: Gnome 2nd Level Cleric/Bard

[sblock=XP]
Encounter 1: Gorged Grindylows = 267 XP each.
Encounter 2: Mean Little Frogs = 267 XP each
Encounter 3: Crooked Eels = 300 XP each
Encounter 4: Fish in a Barrel = 267 XP each

Code:
         Amadeus Falkner: 1101
          Borric Hawkins: 1101
  Orlando "Fury" Furioso: 1101
          Sylvain Marana: 1101
     Guy "The Duke" Ledo: 1101
             Zelena Andu: 1101
[/sblock]

[sblock=Time XP]
As of March 13th 64 days
Code:
         Amadeus Falkner: 472 (58 days 1st, 6 days 2nd)
          Borric Hawkins: 660 (11 days 1st, 53 days 2nd)
  Orlando "Fury" Furioso: 804 (39 days 2nd, 25 days at 3rd)
          Sylvain Marana: 660 (11 days 1st, 53 days 2nd)
     Guy "The Duke" Ledo: 472 (58 days 1st, 6 days 2nd)
             Zelena Andu: 728 (58 days 2nd, 6 days 3rd)
[/sblock]

[sblock=XP Totals]
As of March 9th 2011
Code:
          Amadeus Falkner: 1573
           Borric Hawkins: 2945
   Orlando "Fury" Furioso: 3963
           Sylvain Marana: 2952
      Guy "The Duke" Ledo: 1573
              Zelena Andu: 3227
[/sblock]

[sblock=Treasure]
Each character Receives a 50gp "advance" from from Beppe Handso. However the drunken watch commander forgets this advance so it amount to a bonus.

Encounter 1: Gorged Grindylows
Code:
Total Value: 442.96gp
Share: 73gp 8sp 2cp each

15pp (value 150gp), 12gp, 6sp, 36cp, Thieves Tools 30gp, Elixir of Hiding 250gp
(unidentified).
Encounter 2: Mean Little Frogs

Code:
Total Value: 2160gp
Individual Share: 360gp

Lorenzo the Basterd
+1 Chainshirt 1250gp, MW Falchion 375gp, Pesh x 3 60gp, Gold Chains 70gp, 5gp, 
Stitched Leather Map
Croaker Gang Members
Code:
Studded Leather Armor x 5 125gp, Shortbow x 5 150gp, Longsword x 5  75gp, 
Light Steel Shield x 5 45gp, Arrows (100) 5gp.
Encounter 3: Crooked Eels
Code:
Total Value: 4336
Individual Share: 722gp 6sp 6cp

Big Fella:
Ring of Protection + 1 2000gp, MW Greatsword 350gp, MW Armored Coat 200gp.

The Juggler (Devargo)
MW Hand Crossbow 400gp, 2 x MW Dagger 604gp, MW Chainshirt 250gp, 2 doses 
of Medium Spider Venom (labeled) 300gp, Potion of Expeditious Retreat  50gp, 36gp.

Eel Gang Members
4 x Short Sword 40gp, 4 x Studded Leather 100gp, 60sp
Encounter 4: Fish in a Barrel
Code:
Total Value: 3600gp
Individual Share: 600gp

MW Heavy Crossbow 350gp, 20 Bolts 1gp, Trident 15gp, 2450gp, 
Emerald Brooch 250gp, MW Abacus 50gp, MW Artisans Tools 55gp, Tiara 75gp, 
Assorted Jewelery 354gp
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Rules]

• In combat you must post your action within 24 hours of your turn coming up. If 24 hours pass then you are considered to be delaying and will be moved down the initiative order, this may happen multiple times. However, it will be relaxed slightly over the holiday period.

• You may post actions out of initiative order if you are reasonably sure nothing up before your turn will effect your actions, your actions will still take place on your initiative count. If your actions are invalidated you will be expected to post a new set.

• If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post.

• If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so immediately. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so.
[/sblock] [sblock=The Glass Trumpet 1]
GlassTrumpet1FRONT.jpg
[/sblock] [sblock=The Glass Trumpet 2]
GlassTrumpet1page2.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Knowledge Local Results]
Ranocchio is the slum district of Venza. It is poor, ill-kept, and many of the houses of the district are in a state of collapse. Most houses are built on timber pilings and what walkways that exist in Ranocchio are rough, narrow planks that give the district its nickname 'Planks'. Many of the volatile young men, meeting one another on the narrow walkways, will duel for right of passage across the planks. It is considered weakness to back down before blood has been shed. The bravos of Ranocchio frequently take their brawling into other districts of the city; they take great offense at the common epithet for a resident of Ranocchio, ‘little frog’, and easily exchange violence for perceived insult.

The most boisterous of the Ranocchio's gangs are the Croakers, a violent outfit, the Crazy Frogs the best thought of of the gangs, and the Eels, who are renowned for controlling a large number of child thieves. There are undoubtedly stronger more professional gangs within the Ranocchio as well, but they tend to keep lower profiles for the most part.

Murders are relatively common in the Ranocchio, but mutilations and signs of torture are not. The districts watch are renowned for their incompetence, and for taking bribes to look the other way. The guard Commander Handso is rumored to be the bastard of a powerful Guild leader, though rumors name several men it does seem likely someone exerted influence to get Handso his current position. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Corporal Lorrazio looks over the assembled group, rubbing the bridge of his nose with a greasy finger as he does so. Finally he sniffs and puffs up his chest officiously.

nobby.jpg

"Right, well I s'pose you lot 'll do. Follow me then, we're goin' te the Planks so if ye don't want filth on yer fancy clothes might be best te swap 'em. Best take a copy of the Glass Trumpet to, likely be more more use te ye tha ole Burppe Handso will be." He pauses briefly to allow anyone who wishes to to change, and shaking his head at those who do not - apparently having a quite undemanding idea of what constitutes "fancy".
When everyone is ready he sniffs again, and sets off at a lazy saunter.

Ten minutes later and the group move away from the docks and their salty tang, and into the unpleasant mix of sea water and human effluent that gives the Ranocchio its delightful odour. The buildings here are mostly in disrepair and ragged young children watch the group pass with wary eyes from stoops and alley ways. Shoddy gondolas, much patched, or entirely cobbled together from detritus limp awkwardly along on the water ways, their pilots invariably shabbily dressed and but well armed - and ostentatiously so.

And instead of the neat bridges that populate the rest of Venza crude and worryingly wobbly planks provide the only means of crossing the endless canals. Some residents even carry their own planks with them.

The group pass a number of gangs of young men, either bare chested or wearing sleeveless vest to display remarkable collection of tatoos - mostly lurid colorful things that ought not to be seen by children. Lorazzio waves lazily to a few of these teens, but they ignore him and the Corporal urges anyone who slows to keep walking.

Eventually you reach the Guard station, an odd conical building with peeling white paint, boarded up windows, and a number of beggars sitting besides the entrance holding out their bowls. Lorrazio urges you on into the building and takes you through a long curving mildew stained corridor to an office.

Here a fat man sits behind a desk, wearing what he clearly hopes is an expression of alert attention - the lie is lent by his red nose, and constant blinking. The whole room reeks of strong spirits and body odour.

"Ah gentlemen, and er, lady, uh, gnome? Its a pleasure to meet your aquaintance. I am Commander Beppe Handso. I wish you to deal with the problem of the murders here in the Ranocchio. My men have tried their best, but they send me only the dregs you see, a poor workmen has poor tools as they say. I should be in the Roses, not here... its not fair... What was I saying? Oh, yes, solve the murders and I'll give you lots of gold, lets say two hundred and fifty gold pieces each! And there's a reward to, but I can't quite recall what it was... lots of gold hey? You like that hey? So solve the murders!"

images

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OPEN

OOC: Still finalizing whether we will have a 6th member or not, but we are open for business! Here's wishing every one a good game and high rolls!
OOC:
OOC:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Snatching a copy of the Glass Trumpet as he leaves the Dunn Wright Inn Fury follows after the Corporal. When they cross into Ranocchio district Fury inhales deeply. "Ah, the smell of home." He looks at the others and grins at any discomfort or dismay they allow to show on their faces. "Welcome to the fetid mire of Venzan life." He glances oh-so-briefly at one of the gangs of young men loitering nearby. "Beware the leeches."

Fury navigates the planks with little apparent concern for his safety skipping over the narrow boards as if they are the wide, stone walks of a larger and more prosperous district. He only seems concerned when watching Zelena cross and relieved when she sets foot on stable ground once more. When they arrive at the guard station he steels himself and enters. It just doesn't feel right being here.

He listens to the fat, rambling fool, Commander Handso, and feels the urge to skewer a man for the second time this day. He really wishes someone else would speak up, anyone at all. He bites his tongue to avoid saying anything to the Commander, a man whose type he has encountered many times before: thinking himself too good to be in ol' Planks yet worse than the bravos lining the street outside. Finally, he senses the jangle that heralds he is about to do something reckless and he stops chewing his tongue to speak. "Is that it? You expect us to waltz out of here with nothing to go on and bring you the murderers? Gold's a powerful incentive, true, but perhaps you have a bit of information we could use in order to find these criminals, eh? Say, a victim's name, a location, a witness; anything."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Handso blinks stupidly and squints at Fury, jowls wobbling indignantly,

"That impertinent journalist has done all your work for you, just solve the murders. Nobody talks to the watch in this fetid little sink hole of a district. Speak with any of the gangs, the whores, beggars or wastrels, they likely all know more than the pitiful dribble of nonsense fed to me by the incompetent lack wits I am forced to suffer as subordinates. Honestly if my own men were capable of spoon feeding you I would not need you in the first place, now would I?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
"You do have a point, sir," says Fury between clenched teeth. And it's likely to leave my scabbard and find your eye, you fat, useless leech! "Start counting out those coins, I'll be back for my share before you know it."

He grins a feral, Planks grin and swaggers from the office, through the moldy hallway staring down any guardsman that should get in his way and out the door. "Gods cursed, syphilitic son of a whore..." Fury uses all his best curses until he finally winds down. He stares at the wide-eyed beggars then props himself up against the wall to wait for his fellow investigators. Perhaps without him inciting the Commander to anger they'll manage to get something useful from the guard. As he waits (not too long he hopes) he whistles a fairly popular tune in Planks that tells an unflattering tale of the venal white cloaks of one of the worst districts of Venza.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Adding Knowledge Local check results from the Dunn Wright Inn thread. Zelena knows by virtue of a high check, Fury also knows through being a local. Also included in the 1st post for ease. 1st paragraph is from the wiki, next two are new info.[/sblock]

[Sblock=Knowledge Local Results]
Ranocchio is the slum district of Venza. It is poor, ill-kept, and many of the houses of the district are in a state of collapse. Most houses are built on timber pilings and what walkways that exist in Ranocchio are rough, narrow planks that give the district its nickname 'Planks'. Many of the volatile young men, meeting one another on the narrow walkways, will duel for right of passage across the planks. It is considered weakness to back down before blood has been shed. The bravos of Ranocchio frequently take their brawling into other districts of the city; they take great offense at the common epithet for a resident of Ranocchio, ‘little frog’, and easily exchange violence for perceived insult.

The most boisterous of the Ranocchio's gangs are the Croakers, a violent outfit, the Crazy Frogs the best thought of of the gangs, and the Eels, who are renowned for controlling a large number of child thieves. There are undoubtedly stronger more professional gangs within the Ranocchio as well, but they tend to keep lower profiles for the most part.

Murders are relatively common in the Ranocchio, but mutilations and signs of torture are not. The districts watch are renowned for their incompetence, and for taking bribes to look the other way. The guard Commander Handso is rumored to be the bastard of a powerful Guild leader, though rumors name several men it does seem likely someone exerted influence to get Handso his current position. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: I was hoping to have a little time RPing in the Dunn Wright Inn before we get rolling here. I also need to wait 3 days for me weapon to be delivered. I do have a drafted post ready to go though.

EDIT: DM cleared me to pick it up later. Posting again.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric heads outside alongside Fury, but after sniffing the stench he looks askance at the swashbuckler like he's off his rocker, "Eh? Smells like a sewer to me. You must like offal too." He keeps his big mouth shut the rest of the way to visit this Commander Handso hoping to learn something from Fury's investigative technique. Borric is not very skilled at that sort of thing.

-----------------

As they are leaving, Borric cannot contain himself any longer and proceeds to make an uncouth remark, but he thinks it is true non-the-less, "Well, Commander, if your subordinates are incompetent, you must be as well since they are your responsibility in how their discharge their duties. You should invest some of the money you spend increasing your girth on training for your men."

Borric turns and walks out without bothering to hear the fat slob's retort. Joining Fury, he offers some advice on cursing, sharing his extensive repertoire in the dwarven and giant tongues. After a moment he suggests, "Let's start our investigation in the brothels, we can kill two goblins with one arrow, eh? Better than trying to fork a snake, at least."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Guisarme[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
Sylvain was quiet during the trip and meeting with the commander. While he was not impressed with the fellow, he, unlike Borric and the one called Fury, had enough couth to keep his tongue in check. Until he got out of hearing range, at least.

"Well, I am completely shocked that you would suggest beginning in a brothel, Borric," Syl laughs in a sarcastic tone. "Is anyone from this area? Any contacts here that we could start an investigation with? I don't really fancy walking up and trying to parley with random groups of hooligans, who no doubt simply wish to bash our heads in."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases