Ceramic Dm (final judgement posted, New Champion announced!)

BSF

Explorer
:D

Well yeah!

Not that other Ceramic DM contests aren't interesting. They are. Nor has this one been uninteresting. But it is always fun to watch each contest come together with it's own unique personality.

As an example, your story ideas are always nifty, but your writing has improved in the short span of this contest. That's cool! Especially since English isn't your first language. Your story and Carpe David's story had some similarities, because the pictures really suggested some common themes. Your individual approaches to the story created something similar, but vastly different. That is always interesting.

I could go on, but I really haven't taken the time to delve into the stories. I'm working on something else right now and I have set this Ceramic DM contest aside for the moment. But, I am almost back to where I can read the stories and comment with some enthusiasm. (Sorry I have been so quiet folks. I think the project I am working on will be worth it though.)

Please pardon my dry attempt at humor. It really isn't a slight to anyone. I love Ceramic DM and I heartily applaud everyone that participates in it. It isn't easy. It can be emotionally grueling, but it also a boatload of fun. I derive a lot of personal satisfaction writing in the Ceramic DM. I appreciate the feedback from judges and spectators. I enjoy the friendly competition with a bunch of other people. I try to listen to what the people tell me I am doing wrong. I may end up disagreeing, or it may click completely into place, but I appreciate all the feedback. I hope everyone enjoys Ceramic DM as much as I do. So when I say that it is shaping up to be an interesting contest, I mean that with tongue-in-cheek humor.

Berandor

lunatic
Yeah, I think Macbeth likes to do both, as well.

Of course, with a second-round requisite of humorous stories, this Iron DM really shook things up (I would have loved to see what Pielorinho would have done with it).

mythago

Hero
Piratecat said:
we get to see if he whallops me in that competition as handily as he did here!
smile.gif
Have you tried wearing a cup? The competition can be a pretty painful place to get whalloped. :D

carpedavid

First Post
orchid blossom said:
Carpedavid, how do you manage to write cool stories AND do Iron DM? I'd like to pull my hair out with just the one.
Well, judging by the declining quality of my stories over the course of the tournament, I'm not sure I did manage.

That bit of self-deprication aside, thank you for the kind comments. It's been very creatively draining, and is not something I'm likely to try again, but I'm glad I did it, since it allowed me to stretch my own limits.

Graywolf-ELM

Explorer
I just arrived home from vacation, and plodded through the threads I read. Congrats to Orchid Blossom, (Belatedly). This has been fun, and comments have given me much to think about, before I attempt to through words together into a story again.

GW

BSF

Explorer
carpedavid said:
That bit of self-deprication aside, thank you for the kind comments. It's been very creatively draining, and is not something I'm likely to try again, but I'm glad I did it, since it allowed me to stretch my own limits.

I'm actually really sorry to hear that. I enjoyed competing against you and I was hoping we might have the chance again at some point in the future.

orchid blossom

Explorer
carpedavid said:

I enjoyed reading your stories as well, and I hope we'll see you again sometime. I know what you mean though. I've been thinking I need to skip it next time and wait for winter to try again. It is very draining.

carpedavid

First Post
Er, let me clarify my comments. I'm not likely to try competing in both Ceramic DM and Iron DM at once. Hopefully, you'll see me in one or the other during any given season, though :)

BSF

Explorer
I know what you mean about taking the next contest off. I keep telling myself that too. but the lure of Ceramic DM is powerful indeed! :)

You might find yourself vying for a spot the next time the contest is announced.

Remove ads