Ceramic Dm (final judgement posted, New Champion announced!)

Noskov

Explorer
Zhaneel said:
Thanks for the compliment. I very much hope to do this again sometime.

Basically, I spent all of Sunday working on an "on spec" assignment for a magazine and it isn't done yet. I have a deadline there, and I want to be respected for meeting deadlines. Beyond that, I have my normal day job, a workshop that I'm prepping for (Strange Horizons workshop for fiction), a novel proposal to do, a story to edit and send out [personal deadline], and a husband/home that does deserve some of my attention. Oh yeah, and sleeping. ;-)

Thanks to my opponent for letting me change up and I'm very sorry if you were already started on a story.

Thanks to Clay for picking up quickly. And thanks to Noskov for stepping in!

Zhaneel

Not a problem. I only hope I can do you some justice and make a presentable piece. Seeing as how you are much more of a writer then I am, I doubt I will come close to the quality of work you would have submitted, but I will do my best.....or go down in flames.

Zhaneel

First Post
Blah... all of you people offerring compliments like roses when I didn't give you anything. Compliment MacBeth & Morpheus & PC & CarpeDavid. At least they gave you something interesting to read. ;-)

Thanks, though, I do appreciate the compliments and hope to do them justice, later.

Zhaneel

BSF

Explorer
Zhaneel, wow! You sound busy. That's cool and I really hope it all works out well for you.

Clay, um, it's Monday morning. Not to nag or anything, and I am sure it was a bit of a scramble to switch in Noskov for Zhaneel, but pics please? I need to see if my muse is home and willing to help out. :)

Also, there is a question coming from the non-judge thread that has coime up. OK, I am the one that brought it up and it has been suggested that thoughts from the Judges would be most welcome. Since the judges aren't allowed in the other thread, maybe I need to move the question over here.

What is the general consensus on family/friend review? I tend to get typing a story so fast that a decent editing run through it would be a boon. Not that I generally finish a story in time to get a good editing, but if I did, would it be considered poor form to have somebody read/edit it before posting?

Oh, and it looks like Delgar is the remaining alternate, fromthis thread, post #28 or so.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
BardStephenFox said:
What is the general consensus on family/friend review? I tend to get typing a story so fast that a decent editing run through it would be a boon. Not that I generally finish a story in time to get a good editing, but if I did, would it be considered poor form to have somebody read/edit it before posting?
On a personal note, since we are facing off in the first round, I would not consider it bad form at all.

alsih2o

First Post
Round 1, Bard Stephen Fox Vs. Francisca (late with my apologies :) )

4 pics, 72 hours, 5000 word limit.

Attachments

• Afterthebeatles.JPG
    Afterthebeatles.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Taallwomen.JPG
    Taallwomen.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 139
  • Meandmyshadow.JPG
    Meandmyshadow.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 134
  • dinner.JPG
    dinner.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 145

alsih2o

First Post
BardStephenFox said:

I think "review and edit" is a perfectly acceptable thing. Poor verb tense and spelling errors spellcheck cannot catch are great to weed out with help, BUT please limit it to that. Cowriting would be a cardinal sin inmy opinion.

All ideas, content and context should be the writers own.

If you feel differently or see some angle I have forgotten (like that is hard :uhoh: ) please email me, rather than us boggin up a thread with rules blech. :)

BSF

Explorer
Weird! There are elements in those pics that are suggestive of some of my campaigns. I'm not quite sure I want to run with that though since I am not sure I can construct a follow-through. Still, maybe that is a message from my muse. "Here, remember that stuff we talked about a year or two ago? You can use that for this pic, and use this element for this pic. Now, go make me some salsa and I will tell you how to tie the whole thing together."

Clay, I am perfectly fine with the "review and edit" aspect. I keep getting dinged for editing errors, especially the elusive it's/its error. I think I managed to figure out what I am doing with that just the other night. :\

Francisca, may your muse be kind, helpful and present.

mythago

Hero
Besides, ideas are never wasted, they recycle better than aluminum.

"This bench we're sitting on? Made entirely out of recycled ideas. Watch out for the Sartre, there, it'll snag your pantyhose."

Last edited:

Remove ads