• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, FCWesel's afternnon event is out, MattyHelms's is in, and Ninjacat's event now has a descriptive title.

Booyah!

Reidzilla

Explorer
TracerBullet42 said:
I could probably get it printed up at work tomorrow and drop it off at the store. I work pretty close to Games Plus.

Great!
The file will be a bit big. How large of a file can your e-mail accept. The standards are either 2meg or 10 meg, depending on your provider. I'll adjust the file to you e-mail's limit. Send you e-mail address to me at sales@dicegoblins.com

TracerBullet42

First Post
Reidzilla said:
Great!
The file will be a bit big. How large of a file can your e-mail accept. The standards are either 2meg or 10 meg, depending on your provider. I'll adjust the file to you e-mail's limit. Send you e-mail address to me at sales@dicegoblins.com
Sent. I use gmail...I think it handles big stuff, but I'm not too sure.

FCWesel

First Post
MattyHelms said:
Seriously? Thanks! With your blessing, I will take the slot!

Excellent! Use it well, my friend. I like seeing a bunch aof different games rnning by different folk over Me, Buzz and a few (noble) others running all day. More variety at a game day is better.

buzz

Adventurer
FCWesel said:
More variety at a game day is better.
Agreed. I think we have a good sampling of interesting games this time around, while still having lots of D&D (or dang close to D&D) events.

I also have to imagine that running two events back-to-back is rough. I much prefer being able to participate half the day, as opposed to facilitate.

Reidzilla

Explorer
Well, now that we have an event schedule the next logical step is SWAG!!!!!

Seriously, I know that the gameday is not about swag, but it is really tasty frosting on a cake made of gaming goodness. I have attended the last 5 gamedays and I have noticed a decrease in the “grade A” level swag donated from some of our fine RPG industry publishers. Being generous and industrious, attendee donations have made up for the lack. My thought is that since we have a bit of time before the gameday, what ideas do we have for obtaining a bit more “grade A” level swag. My intent is that not just the lucky first pickers get the “really good stuff” but that everybody can leave with something cool.
While I am thinking of it, I agree that GMs should not be included in the random draw because we already get first pick.

Idea #1: We put together a one-page flyer (and/or e-flyer) to send the RPG industry publishers that has pictures and a brief summery/history of the gameday. It would give our requests a bit more legitimacy to reference the past 11 gamedays and the attendance there in. It might separate our requests from the flood of "give us free stuff" mail they get from gaming events they have never heard of and have no idea if they really exist.

So, please post your thoughts, opinions, and flaming commentary! :p

Pbartender

First Post
Reidzilla said:
Well, now that we have an event schedule the next logical step is SWAG!!!!!

Incidentally, I've got a whole roll of two-part prize-drawing tickets I can bring, if we'd rather draw for prizes out of a hat, instead of rolling a dice.

Reidzilla said:
Idea #1: We put together a one-page flyer (and/or e-flyer) to send the RPG industry publishers that has pictures and a brief summery/history of the gameday. It would give our requests a bit more legitimacy to reference the past 11 gamedays and the attendance there in. It might separate our requests from the flood of "give us free stuff" mail they get from gaming events they have never heard of and have no idea if they really exist.

It might not be a bad idea to include a list of the events being run... Perhaps it'll net some prizes relevant to the game events.

Well, now that I've contributed to a bit of consternation by claiming two slots, I talked to Quickbeam, and he for sure is not going to run Cthulhu, so I will do so. I'll post some more details of my game shortly.

However, I had honestly hoped to play a game and run a game, and I'm currently scheduled to run twice. Is there any really strong interest in either of my two D&D 3.5 suggestions? If so, I'll go ahead and run it, but it everyone's kinda "meh" I'll give up my afternoon slot to some other hopeful GM.

William Ronald

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
Well, now that I've contributed to a bit of consternation by claiming two slots, I talked to Quickbeam, and he for sure is not going to run Cthulhu, so I will do so. I'll post some more details of my game shortly.

However, I had honestly hoped to play a game and run a game, and I'm currently scheduled to run twice. Is there any really strong interest in either of my two D&D 3.5 suggestions? If so, I'll go ahead and run it, but it everyone's kinda "meh" I'll give up my afternoon slot to some other hopeful GM.

Okay, who is willing to step up and ensure that Joshua has a chance to play? I know there were some people who mentioned ideas in the early part of this thread who have been largely silent since then.

TracerBullet42: I think G-Mail might be sufficient for a 10 MB file. Thank you for being willing to print and deliver the posters to Games Plus, and to Reidzilla for designing the posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads