• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
reveal said:
When do y'all think signups will start?
I think the suggestion was for sign-ups to start 3 weeks or so prior to Gameday.

reveal said:
EDIT: And what should I bring? Dice, books, etc.?
If you're going to be a player, dice, a writing implement, and some paper are probably all you really need. The rulebook for whatever game(s) you're playing in probably couldn't hurt, either, but are not mandatory (e.g., you'd want your PHB for a D&D game, but could get by with nothin' but dice for, say, Buffy or Serenity).

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I will check the schedule for games going on at the store for Friday night. I know there is a group playing Flames of War (WWII 15mm minis), and probably a Warmachine game. I'll see what else, and if there are openings. I'll try to post about this tomorrow night after I get home. (We only have a VERRRY slow dialup connection at the store, so I almost never go online there. Plus, I don't have time at work.)

buzz said:
I think the suggestion was for sign-ups to start 3 weeks or so prior to Gameday.
So, has this thread kinda run it's course until then, or is there anything else to do at this point? I want to know if I should make sure to keep checking it, or if it's just going to be mostly chatter from now on.

I might be interested in any potential Friday night activities, though

Quickbeam

Explorer
Well hello again everyone!! Sorry for falling off the face of EN World's little online planet, but it appears things have moved along nicely in my absence. I'd like to chime in on a few items if I may...

** JD spoke the truth in stating that I was going to pass on running Cthulhu for this Gameday. I'm doing this because Josh seems waaaayy more excited about running a game than I am at the moment, and after GM'ing sessions at GenCon and for my current gaming group I'd like to kick up my heels and roleplay for a day :cool: . I promise to run this game -- which was postponed from the summer Gameday -- somewhere down the line, and it will be even more horrifying than I'd originally planned!

** The current array of game options looks fantastic, and I'd like to tip my chapeau to the various DM's for offering their respective creative talents.

** If JD and I do drive in Friday night as we're currently planning, then I'd be happy to run or play in a lighthearted one shot adventure to fill the evening hours. Taco Bell is optional for me, but probably mandatory for Josh :lol: .

reveal

Adventurer
buzz said:

3 weeks prior to Nov 12 is Oct 22 and I will not be in town that day. Can I have someone else sign me up? Now, if the sign-up was on Oct 23, I will be here. ;)

reveal said:
3 weeks prior to Nov 12 is Oct 22 and I will not be in town that day. Can I have someone else sign me up? Now, if the sign-up was on Oct 23, I will be here. ;)
I think three weeks or so being the operative term here. :) I certainly don't anticipate that my game will fill up in the first few days or anything like that. And frankly, if it does, I'll squeeze you in anyway.

reveal

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
I think three weeks or so being the operative term here. :) I certainly don't anticipate that my game will fill up in the first few days or anything like that. And frankly, if it does, I'll squeeze you in anyway.

I'll also be out of the town the entire week prior to the 22nd. But that's cool. :)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Quickbeam said:
** If JD and I do drive in Friday night as we're currently planning.

A Friday evening game, eh? For you, JD, reveal, and some others? At a hotel or Games Plus? How early does everyone think they will arrive? I'm not on the regular DMing schedule this time, so maybe running something Friday night...with a darker rating than is normally permissable at an open-to-the-public gameday might be in order... :D

reveal

Adventurer
Mark CMG said:
A Friday evening game, eh? For you, JD, reveal, and some others? At a hotel or Games Plus? How early does everyone think they will arrive? I'm not on the regular DMing schedule this time, so maybe running something Friday night...with a darker rating than is normally permissable at an open-to-the-public gameday might be in order... :D

I'll bring my french maid outfit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads