• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
reveal said:
3 weeks prior to Nov 12 is Oct 22 and I will not be in town that day. Can I have someone else sign me up? Now, if the sign-up was on Oct 23, I will be here. ;)
Well, the sign-up will still be there on the 23rd. :)

How about the 21st? The 20th? The all-knowing, all-powerful buzz may be able to help you...

thalmin

Retired game store owner
I see 1 game of Flames of War, 2 more historical miniatures games, and a D&D campaign scheduled at the store for friday night, so the space seems to be available right now, if you want to play at the store.

reveal

Adventurer
buzz said:
Well, the sign-up will still be there on the 23rd. :)

How about the 21st? The 20th? The all-knowing, all-powerful buzz may be able to help you...

I'll be out of town from the 15th through the 22nd. I am planning on trying to sign up for JD's CoC game and your HP game. :)

Sqwonk

First Post
Against the Giants

Here is my description:

Against the Giants
D&D 3.5 6 players 13th level characters will be provided

"Princess Argenta has been snatched from her country cotage. The clues lead to giants and the Huge Fort of Hill Giant Chief Nosnra.
The King has brought together a group of heroes to bring her back - safely and quickly."

Newbies and Grognards welcome

Quickbeam

Explorer
Mark CMG said:
A Friday evening game, eh? For you, JD, reveal, and some others? At a hotel or Games Plus? How early does everyone think they will arrive? I'm not on the regular DMing schedule this time, so maybe running something Friday night...with a darker rating than is normally permissable at an open-to-the-public gameday might be in order... :D

That would be awesome! And since Thalmin has kindly noted that there is still space at Games Plus, I suggest we reserve a table...or even the private room if it's available. Better yet, it almost needs to be private room if Reveal is bringing his french maid outfit :eek:!!

JD and I can leave Detroit mid-afternoon and arrive not long after dinner I'd imagine, although earlier is also possible if necessary. Then we can game into the wee hours of the morning and get up early Saturday to do it all over again :cool:.

Quickbeam said:
JD and I can leave Detroit mid-afternoon and arrive not long after dinner I'd imagine, although earlier is also possible if necessary. Then we can game into the wee hours of the morning and get up early Saturday to do it all over again :cool:.
I can't leave before lunch, but any time after about 1:00 or so I'm free to leave. We could get there, check in, and be at the store by 6:30 or 7:00 PM at the absolute earliest, I'd bet. Probably better to plan on a little bit later than that still. We can cell phone in our progress if it looks like it might be an issue.

EDIT: Mark, you rock! Yeah, I'd totally love to do that.

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Quickbeam said:
** If JD and I do drive in Friday night as we're currently planning.

Mark CMG said:
A Friday evening game, eh? For you, JD, reveal, and some others? At a hotel or Games Plus? How early does everyone think they will arrive? I'm not on the regular DMing schedule this time, so maybe running something Friday night...with a darker rating than is normally permissable at an open-to-the-public gameday might be in order... :D

reveal said:
I'll bring my french maid outfit!

thalmin said:
I see 1 game of Flames of War, 2 more historical miniatures games, and a D&D campaign scheduled at the store for friday night, so the space seems to be available right now, if you want to play at the store.

Quickbeam said:
That would be awesome! And since Thalmin has kindly noted that there is still space at Games Plus, I suggest we reserve a table...or even the private room if it's available. Better yet, it almost needs to be private room if Reveal is bringing his french maid outfit :eek:!!

Joshua Dyal said:
I can't leave before lunch, but any time after about 1:00 or so I'm free to leave. We could get there, check in, and be at the store by 6:30 or 7:00 PM at the absolute earliest, I'd bet. Probably better to plan on a little bit later than that still. We can cell phone in our progress if it looks like it might be an issue.

EDIT: Mark, you rock! Yeah, I'd totally love to do that.

Cool! We'll call it "Private Slot Double-Naught" and keep it by invitation-only (mainly because it's primarily for the out-of-towners who are coming in early). If Curt (who I hope will join us, since it is his store afterall) would be so kind as to set aside a table (private room if possible, one with a dry-erase board, otherwise, please), I'll begin the planning. It'll be pre-gens and I'll work out the rest of the details so you out-of-towners will have nothing to deal with but to be there. As we get closer, we'll iron out the exact timing on everything. :)

buzz

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
So, has this thread kinda run it's course until then, or is there anything else to do at this point?
Be sure to post your event title and description in this thread. Other than that, maybe keep an eye on it in case anything comes up.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Quickbeam said:
Private room is usually booked, but if not I'll reserve it.

buzz said:
Be sure to post your event title and description in this thread. Other than that, maybe keep an eye on it in case anything comes up.
Done done that. Did you see it? It looks like the OP isn't updated, so I figgered you may have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads