• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sqwonk

First Post
D&D Minis

I was hoping that a few folks would bring D&D minis for trade. I am not a huge collector-nor do I play the skirmish game- but I would not mind gettting a few more painted figs. My group groans becasue I have a ton of Reaper figs- all unpainted.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Sqwonk said:
I was hoping that a few folks would bring D&D minis for trade. I am not a huge collector-nor do I play the skirmish game- but I would not mind gettting a few more painted figs. My group groans becasue I have a ton of Reaper figs- all unpainted.

Thalmin has several of every D&D mini issued (or so it appears), and I have a decent array myself. I'll try to remember dragging them along for the ride so that we may trade.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Mark CMG said:
Cool! We'll call it "Private Slot Double-Naught" and keep it by invitation-only (mainly because it's primarily for the out-of-towners who are coming in early). If Curt (who I hope will join us, since it is his store afterall) would be so kind as to set aside a table (private room if possible, one with a dry-erase board, otherwise, please), I'll begin the planning. It'll be pre-gens and I'll work out the rest of the details so you out-of-towners will have nothing to deal with but to be there. As we get closer, we'll iron out the exact timing on everything. :)

Wicked-cool my friend :cool:!!
I look forward to seeing you for PSDN (Private Slot Double-Naught).

Sqwonk

First Post
Quickbeam said:
Thalmin has several of every D&D mini issued (or so it appears), and I have a decent array myself. I'll try to remember dragging them along for the ride so that we may trade.

I was mainly looking to trade some double commons/uncommons for some C/U's I don't have. I hope there are some folks interested in doind the same.
The only rares I have to trade are the huge Glaberzou and Aspect of Bane.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Sqwonk said:
I was mainly looking to trade some double commons/uncommons for some C/U's I don't have. I hope there are some folks interested in doind the same.
The only rares I have to trade are the huge Glaberzou and Aspect of Bane.
I might be able to find a few for trading purposes. ;)

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Mark CMG said:
Cool! We'll call it "Private Slot Double-Naught" and keep it by invitation-only (mainly because it's primarily for the out-of-towners who are coming in early). If Curt (who I hope will join us, since it is his store afterall) would be so kind as to set aside a table (private room if possible, one with a dry-erase board, otherwise, please), I'll begin the planning. It'll be pre-gens and I'll work out the rest of the details so you out-of-towners will have nothing to deal with but to be there. As we get closer, we'll iron out the exact timing on everything. :)
You can count me in on this, Mark.

MattyHelms said:
HA! That's right - my bionic powers against Barendd Nobeard's radiated rage! Roll for inititative, boy!!!!!

I only rolled a 17, but I'm a halfling with Yondalla's Sense and I also have Improved Initiative and Quick Reconnoiter. With my Dex modifier (since I just drank a potion of Cat's Grace):

I have a 25! Beat that, Synnibar-boy!! :p

William Ronald

Explorer
Barendd Nobeard said:
I only rolled a 17, but I'm a halfling with Yondalla's Sense and I also have Improved Initiative and Quick Reconnoiter. With my Dex modifier (since I just drank a potion of Cat's Grace):

I have a 25! Beat that, Synnibar-boy!! :p

(Using the akashic memory ability and the eidetic memory feat from Arcana Unearthed:

Reidzilla once wanted to run a Darwin's World event, and perhaps he can come up with a character for Barenndd Nobeard and one for MattyHelms, and run a quick combat. So, we have a cyborg and a mutant. Perhaps we could have a quick demo. (Okay, everyone -- remember that thalmin gets a cut of all the sidebets on this match. ;) You don't want to cheat the house.)

Reidzilla

Explorer
William Ronald said:
(Using the akashic memory ability and the eidetic memory feat from Arcana Unearthed:

Reidzilla once wanted to run a Darwin's World event, and perhaps he can come up with a character for Barenndd Nobeard and one for MattyHelms, and run a quick combat. So, we have a cyborg and a mutant. Perhaps we could have a quick demo. (Okay, everyone -- remember that thalmin gets a cut of all the sidebets on this match. ;) You don't want to cheat the house.)

I remember something on the order of "A giant mutant bear with huge frikin' laser beams coming out of its eyes!" Does that help? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads