• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikmal

First Post
Sqwonk said:
I was hoping that a few folks would bring D&D minis for trade. I am not a huge collector-nor do I play the skirmish game- but I would not mind gettting a few more painted figs. My group groans becasue I have a ton of Reaper figs- all unpainted.
All the more reason you should join us for painting then eh? Get those reaper figs painted nicely for your group hehe :)

JoeGKushner

First Post
Nikmal said:
All the more reason you should join us for painting then eh? Get those reaper figs painted nicely for your group hehe :)

Or offer figures for painting. I know in the past I've done a I keep two for every one I paint type deal and I know a lot of the painters do similiar things at Games Plus.

JoeGKushner said:
Or offer figures for painting. I know in the past I've done a I keep two for every one I paint type deal and I know a lot of the painters do similiar things at Games Plus.
Now that's an idea. If I bring in some Privateer Bane Thralls that I've been meaning to paint for months but haven't, can I get them painted for me? :lol:

JoeGKushner

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Now that's an idea. If I bring in some Privateer Bane Thralls that I've been meaning to paint for months but haven't, can I get them painted for me? :lol:

Well maybe, but not at by me that day! I'll be playing! Seriously though, if you want to set up something like that, shoot me an e-mail. I'd say I'm a 5 on a scale of 10 so I know there are a lot better painters out there but don't know their time schedules.

Nikmal

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Well maybe, but not at by me that day! I'll be playing! Seriously though, if you want to set up something like that, shoot me an e-mail. I'd say I'm a 5 on a scale of 10 so I know there are a lot better painters out there but don't know their time schedules.

I too have been known to do a commision or two. I was told by Curt that I am an 7-8 on a scale of 10? If you would like me to do something just shoot me an email and we can work something out as well.. or you can go with Joe as well.. which IMHO is a much better painter then a 5 :)
(I am currently working on a commssion with any luck I will be done by wed of next week to hand to it's true owner.. which I know will be happy :)
It was a warmachine army :)

Oh, it was mostly a joke. I'm fairly happy with my own painting skills, I just lack the time to do much with them.

Since I don't also have a current use for these minis, it doesn't bother me too much that they're unpainted. If I ever feel like I need to use them, I'll paint them beforehand.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Joshua Dyal said:
Oh, it was mostly a joke. I'm fairly happy with my own painting skills, I just lack the time to do much with them.

Since I don't also have a current use for these minis, it doesn't bother me too much that they're unpainted. If I ever feel like I need to use them, I'll paint them beforehand.
(Hmmm. Random encounter...{roll}14. Minotaur. I have one, but it's not painted.) OK guys, just talk amongst yourselves. I'll be a little while preparing.

Nikmal

First Post
thalmin said:
(Hmmm. Random encounter...{roll}14. Minotaur. I have one, but it's not painted.) OK guys, just talk amongst yourselves. I'll be a little while preparing.
::spits juice all over monitor while reading this::

Now THAT was funny. I love it!! :)

Good one Curt :)

Quickbeam

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
That's why I do well at speed-painting competitions! :)

Dipping your minis in varying flavors of jam and spraying them with cheez whiz while we're not looking does NOT qualify as painting! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads