Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
I prefer Nov 12th slightly, but October 22nd isn't that bad. The other two are bad ideas.

Not sure if I can make either, as I need to take 2 days off to make them (3rd shift sucks sometimes), and I don't know if I'll be alone at work at that point or not.

Diremede

First Post
My vote is for October 22nd, its not a holiday weekend and it doesn't sound like there are any conflicting events on that day.

waterdhavian

First Post
I like either oct. 22nd or nov. 12. both are good dates and looks like alots going on the other days.

Oh and FCWesel, you've got me excited. Got the serenity book in hand and cant wait to play!!!

William Ronald

Explorer
I think either October 22nd or November 12th are the best dates, as we can avoid competing with holidays.

The drawback to me is that either pogre or pbartender, both excellent players, will have to miss one of those dates.

I am also willing to run either a D&D event or another D&D/Arcana Unearthed event. Some of the members who have not showed up at previous gamedays might want an event where they are somewhat familiar with the rules.

Barendd Nobeard said:
Last time we had a lot of last-minute cancellations. Maybe we shouldn't plan so far out in advance. DM sign-up maybe a month before, and player sign-up starting a week after that? Just a thought.

This is a good idea. We can perhaps have someoene step up as a back up DM or be willing to take more players.

FCWesel

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Last time we had a lot of last-minute cancellations. Maybe we shouldn't plan so far out in advance. DM sign-up maybe a month before, and player sign-up starting a week after that? Just a thought.

Oh I just cannot agree with this more. Heck, I'd open up game slots for player just two weeks before the game day, three weeks and more seemed to just kill us last game day.

FCWesel

First Post
waterdhavian said:
Oh and FCWesel, you've got me excited. Got the serenity book in hand and cant wait to play!!!

Waterdhavian, I will be hosting a few SERENITY games soon at GP outside Game Day to help promote the game. I should have info at Games Plus this weekend or so. Also I have a new Message Board I just opened for SERENITY RPG.

http://wavesintheblack.aimoo.com/

Come join the discussions and such. I will be posting any info I have on the game and my sessions, such as they may be.

buzz

Adventurer
Counting people who were cool with either 10/22 or 11/12, the October date is leading by three votes. Which is unfortunate, as we finally get MattyHelms posting agaibn, and the 22nd is a date he can't make. How much more advance notice do you need! Jeebus! :p

buzz

Adventurer
FCWesel said:
Oh I just cannot agree with this more. Heck, I'd open up game slots for player just two weeks before the game day, three weeks and more seemed to just kill us last game day.
Given that multiple people have mentioned this to me, we'll try it this way. I'm not going to say we can't discuss what games we want to run before the "official" GM signup, of course. I'm hesitant to go less than three weeks for player sign-up, though.

Right now, I'm trying to decide between running the following:

Ft. Cthulhu, the Bronx, possibly using Savage Worlds

and

Harry Potter and the Flagrant Violation of Copyright, usin' good ol' D&D, with maybe some d20 tweaks.

I can only do one, of course, as I promised Nikmal I'd learn to paint minis this time around. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads