Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Ronald

Explorer
Quickbeam said:
I'm sorry to do this everyone, but I'm going to have to back out before we've even opened the official sign-up thread.

My wife received some unpleasant news from her doctor and she will need surgery, which has been scheduled for November 9. Obviously, I will need to be at home with her and our children. I truly regret having to miss this event and I hope my inability to attend does not interfere with Josh Dyal's plans to make the trip and DM.

I wish that there was more I could say. Sorry. :(

Kevin, sorry to hear about your wife. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as well. I pray that your wife's surgery goes well and that she will have a swift recovery.

Quickbeam

Explorer
JoeGKushner said:
is the sign up going on yet or is this still the planning thread?

There's no sign up thread yet. I believe buzz was waiting until 3-4 weeks before the actual scheduled event date.

And thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words. They are all greatly appreciated.

William Ronald

Explorer
Quickbeam said:
There's no sign up thread yet. I believe buzz was waiting until 3-4 weeks before the actual scheduled event date.

And thank you everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and kind words. They are all greatly appreciated.

We are here for you. Hang in there, and hopefully you can make another Gameday soon.

I do think that buzz said we will have the sign up thread about 3 weeks before the Gameday. So, we are still planning.

Hopefully, Joshua Dyal can still make this gameday. If not, then we will have a slot opening up for a GM.

reveal said:
JD, you still gonna be able to make it?
Yeah, I'll still come. I was going to be doing the driving anyway.

Kevin and I hadn't yet made any hotel arrangements--hey; send me an email. Do you have two beds in your room? Maybe we can pool our resources there.

Jaws

First Post
Quickbeam said:

Always be more Gamedays. Hopefully, the next one you get to tell us everything is great.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

reveal

Adventurer
Joshua Dyal said:
Yeah, I'll still come. I was going to be doing the driving anyway.

Kevin and I hadn't yet made any hotel arrangements--hey; send me an email. Do you have two beds in your room? Maybe we can pool our resources there.

Email sent. :)

buzz

Adventurer
Quickbeam said:
Don't sweat it, QB. It wouldn't be a Gameday unless a Detroit ENWorlder had to cancel. :) I'm sending my reserve karma points your wife's way.

Here's hoping the second opinion is that surgery is completely unnecessary! :)

Anyway, yes, I will still be coming. My wife's nervous about me driving alone to Chicago, but since I agreed to her driving alone (well, with the four kids, who were no help driving) from Michigan to Texas a year or two ago, I've got the moral high ground there.

Quickbeam

Explorer
buzz said:
Don't sweat it, QB. It wouldn't be a Gameday unless a Detroit ENWorlder had to cancel. :) I'm sending my reserve karma points your wife's way.

Thank you.

Joshua Dyal said:
Here's hoping the second opinion is that surgery is completely unnecessary! :)

There's a thought worth crossing your fingers over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads