Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
The official date of Gameday XII is November 12th. Clear your calendars!

[highlight]The current roster:[/highlight]

Slot 1: 9:30am-2:30pm
  1. Serenity, FCWesel (private room)
  2. "Escape Initiaitve" Buffy, Ninjacat
  3. "Accursed City #1" M&M, Reidzilla (table by the door, a.k.a. "Reid's table")
  4. Minis, Nikmal (table by the water cooler)
  5. "Against the Giants" D&D3.5, Sqwonk
  6. "Southern Exposure" Call of Cthulhu d20, Joshua Dyal

Slot 2: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
  1. "Harry Potter and the Flagrant Violation of Copyright" D&D3.5/d20, buzz (private room)
  2. "Casting the Runes" system TBD, MattyHelms
  3. "The Enemy of My Enemy Is...." AU/D&D3.5, William Ronald
  4. Minis, Nikmal (table by the water cooler)
  5. "The Riled Riled Rest" Spycraft 2.0, Pbartender
  6. "Something D&D-ish 3.5", TracerBullet42

buzz said:
We're starting early this time around... but starting small. Let's talk "when".

thalmin has contacted me about possible dates, with the following currently available at Games Plus: Oct 22 and 29, Nov 12 and 26.

Opinions?

Last edited:

Nov 26 is Thanksgiving weekend. There's a big RPGA con over at the College of DuPage that weekend ("Stuffed COWS"), but maybe there's not much cross-over. Me, I'm thinking I'd like to spend Thanksgiving with my family and would prefer another date.

Oct. 29 is a very large RPGA con in Wisconsin. Actually, it's the biggest gaming-oriented con in Wisconsin now that GenCon ditched us! ;)

So, I vote for Oct 22! With Nov 12 has a second choice!

FCWesel

First Post
Despite my re-entrance into the academic herd, I still plan on running at least one game at the Game Day. My personal vote would be for NOV 12, as I will have the 11th off of school. That said the 22nd or the 29th of October seems do-able too (for now).

I plan on running SERENITY.

Ninjacat

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
So, I vote for Oct 22! With Nov 12 has a second choice!

I agree with this. Competing with holiday schedules is just a silly idea. The local con tht runs over New Year's weekend is always crazy with the scheduling, heh. And for the unfortunate souls like myself who work retail, pretty much the closer it gets to Christmas, the worse the schedules get. So, my vote is for Oct 22, with Nov 12 as the best back-up choice.

^_^v -Peeth!

FCWesel

First Post
Opps, just remembered that CONCEPTION (the folks who do CONCENTRIC) have a CON that runs 28-30 OCT in Itasca. Might want to avoid possibly competing with that.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
buzz said:
We're starting early this time around... but starting small. Let's talk "when".

thalmin has contacted me about possible dates, with the following currently available at Games Plus: Oct 22 and 29, Nov 12 and 26.

Opinions?

You do realize that Oct 29th is pratically Halloween. ;)

I favor Oct. 22nd, of course I won't be able to come because that is the day I am hosting the Worcester Mass. gameday. :cool: (not to mention I live over 900 miles away.) Still it will be nice to know that ENworlder are gathering in different places on the same day.

Reidzilla

Explorer
FCWesel said:
Opps, just remembered that CONCEPTION (the folks who do CONCENTRIC) have a CON that runs 28-30 OCT in Itasca. Might want to avoid possibly competing with that.

As the Concentric Convention Company, Inc's Contracted Graphics Design Guru, I second this suggestion. They got a huge response to their booth promotions at Origins and GenCon.

With a local con, a semi-local con, and Halloween going on on the same weekend, I think that Oct 29 would be the worse possible time to schedule the gameday, IMHO.

I vote for Oct 22, with Nov 12 as a distant second choice.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads