Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
I suggest shortening Lunch by 30 minutes, since you have a little bit more time with Swag time anyway, and then the last game starts a little bit earlier.

JoeGKushner

First Post
TracerBullet42 said:
For what it's worth, the group I game with went "old school" not too long ago for a little change of pace and we all had a blast.

I'm sure there'd be interest.

Halfling as a class rules!

What about C&C? As it's a new game, wouldn't that capture the "old school meetsn ew school" part?

Quickbeam said:
I'm in agreement with Master Nobeard and Mark -- 10/22 or 11/12.
Me too. Although I've also got the Ohio gameday tempting me, and I seriously doubt I can do both this fall...

William Ronald

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
Me too. Although I've also got the Ohio gameday tempting me, and I seriously doubt I can do both this fall...

Well, Josh, the Chicago EN World crowd would be glad to see you, but chose whatever works best for you.

I am uncertain if changing the Lunch Hour to a half hour will help, as people will have to rush for lunch to get back to the gaming table. Maybe we could speed up the distribution of prizes by having two people randomly select players.

Any more people stepping up to run games? Also, any thoughts on mini-games.

Jaws

First Post
William Ronald said:
Also, any thoughts on mini-games.
Mini-games don't appeal to me.

If I'm going to play something totally new, 2 hours ain't gonna cut it.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Pbartender

First Post
Jaws said:
Mini-games don't appeal to me.

If I'm going to play something totally new, 2 hours ain't gonna cut it.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Actually, if people are going to run mini-games, I'd suggest NOT going with something new, and sticking to fairly familiar games instead.

At the last gameday, my Skull 7 Bones game went pretty smooth, and was lots of fun. But my Skull & Bones adventure just boiled down to D&D with a half page of house rules, and I avoided any of the new classes, or too many new feats.

The Star Wars game didn't go quite as well, since there werea lot of first-timers to the rule set. It was hard to get up to speed, and no one was certain what they could or could not do.

Basic D&D or OD&D would be brilliant as a couple of mini-games.

MattyHelms

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Hey, that's a great idea. I'll run a Tunnels & Trolls solo adventure for the Gameday! :p

Oh, you're so running Synnibarr for me now!

NOTICE OF GENERAL INTEREST FOR THOSE KEEPING TRACK OF THESE THINGS:
I am willing to run Call of Cthulhu, Mercenaries, Spies, and Private Eyes, or Tunnels and Trolls if there's interest.
Of what's been mentioned, I'd love to play me some Savage Worlds, M&M, Warhammer, Weapons of the Gods, old school D&D and, uhh, Synnibarr. :)

Oh, William - thanks, it's been too long and I'm glad to be back...

-Matt

buzz

Adventurer
William Ronald said:
I am uncertain if changing the Lunch Hour to a half hour will help, as people will have to rush for lunch to get back to the gaming table. Maybe we could speed up the distribution of prizes by having two people randomly select players.
I definitely wouldn't want to cut lunch any shorter. I've been scrambling to eat lunch fast enough the last few gamedays.

As for speeding up the prize giveaway, having people be present when their name is called is definitely a big help. :) Maybe I'll add a column to the sign-up sheet where people can indicate "No, I'm not going to stay around for the drawing."

I suppose we could also not give you a choice of what prize you get, which would save time of people standing around the prize table trying to decide what to take. But what fun would that be? ;)

buzz

Adventurer
Reidzilla said:
Thought #3: A change in schedule to accommodate more gaming.
* Morning slot: 9:30am – 12:30pm
* Lunch break: 12:30pm – 1:30pm
* Swag Time: 1:30pm – 2:00pm
* Afternoon slot: 2:00pm – 6:00pm
* Dinner break: 6:00pm – 6:30pm
* Evening slot: 6:30pm ‘til whenever
This would mean that the games would all be a bit shorter but you could play/run in three events instead of just two. You could also show up after lunch and still get in two games.
Interesting. What do people think about this?

My concerns would be: a) it doesn't leave you any time to shop if you have a full schedule, and 2) the evening slot may not be able to go the full four hours. GP is closing down around 8-9pm; I don't know if we can really expect thalmin & co. to stay until 10-11pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads