• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

3.5 GREYHAWK CY963 GOLDEN ERA CAMPAIGN: HEROES OF DYVERS: CHAPTER 4

Waynan

Explorer
Knowing that the Drowess has seen him, Tam slowly goes back around the way he came whilst placing his elven arrow back in its quiver and slinging the bow across his shoulder in an act/attempt at nonchalance. He comes back through the midst of the party, who are now closer to Respen and Nelvandra, bows to the Drow Sorceress, never taking his eyes from her while doing so, then turns to Respen, reaches out a hand, and says:

"It is so good to have you back. I was very worried about you."

Tam, then winks at Respen and gives a sly smile as he looks towards Nelvandra, and adds: "However, I see you have acquired some unique treasure in your adventure."
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar is not convinced....The rest of the party seems to be okay with allowing you to venture with us. I will tell you the same as I told Tam when he first joined our group and before he had proven himself... I swear before Odin the all Father, and before Ullr, who guides my arrows. I will see you dead before being taken captive, if you betray us I will have my revenge either in this life or the next. Sylvar looks Respen in the eye... you'd better be thinking with your brain rather than with your manhood, if misfortune befalls us on her account it will be your fault. Sylvar takes on last look at both of them. Then says to the party if we are going to attack this fortress we need a game plan. I can conjure a swarm of rats to attack the Orc camp. They will spread disease as they go. That should at least weaken them...I still like the idea of setting the fortress a blaze from the inside. It would be a good way of reducing the number of enemies we will have to face later.
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale

~ This dissention in the ranks is a distraction ~

Laddie, what in the Nine Hells have you gone and done?!? Oathed to a Drow sorceress? And a vampire no less? Nevermind if you are controlled or not; are ye daft, boy?!?
Vale pauses a moment and laughs heartily, clearly injecting levity into the uncomfortable standoff.

And beggin’ ye pardon m’lady. I am certain that you are indeed a noble and clearly desirable woman, even for an elf. However, do ye know the fellow you have taken up with?!?” Vale winks at Nel, “If you have visited Laramon, have you seen my dog?” This question is addressed to Nelvandra, but meant for Respen to hear, “And Vega? Gus was in her care.

Vale continues with the conversation as it segues into what is going on now with the party. He addresses the entire group after Sylvar's comments about planning.

I have estimated the distance from the cliff site to dig a tunnel down into the ground here and going to the cliff site over the last couple of days. I’ve started the tunnel back about 40 feet from our campsite. I’m working my way down at a diagonal angle below the ground level of the canyon, moving slowly so as to not collapse the area close to the cliff face. I can also cut a tunnel at ground level if we want to do that; with the angle I took, it won’t take much. We’ve reconnoitered the area and have a pretty good idea of the comings and goings, troop strength, and tendencies down there. Why on Oerth they would put hill giants on watch is beyond me; either they are magical illusions, or they are a force lacking in intelligence directly inverse to their numbers. That giant Drow, what did you call him, a mageling? He prances around here as if he owns the place. I don’t know which weakness I prefer: pride or stupidity. They appear to have either in equal measure. I like our chances."

"Sylvar, your idea has merit, as does the idea of burning the place. However, I'd like to burrow underneath to see if there is ingress/egress from below. In addition, as we have not seen that largest war-party that entered come out, it's possible that they went underground. It's also possible they teleported somewhere, perhaps to investigate the pasting we delivered their scout and war-parties, or perhaps to their primary target. I can't recommend a frontal assault, and given my complete and utter failure in silencing the last ogre mage, I am uncomfortable with engaging more than one spell caster at a time. If Respen and Nel give us additional tools toward that end, all the better."
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Respen - To Sylvar, Vale, Dewydd, Lathir, Thallok, Kleborn, and Tam

~ Respen Coraellus, you should have known it would be difficult ~

Respen is simultaneously disappointed and thankful for his friends' reactions. He appreciates that they are on guard on his behalf; however, Nel is what she is to him. He made a decision, damn the consequences. He casts a look at Nel, then releases her hand as Syl turns away from him. He listens to Sylvar's suggestion and replies to the group, "I like it."

Respen is vexed by Sylvar's lack of trust. He is about deeds not words, but perhaps it would assist in his coming around.

As Dewydd flirts with Nelvandra, Respen again clasps Nel's hand and draws her close. With Dewydd's proposition to Nel, Respen's eyes narrow, "Good luck with that, human. I’m sure Nel’s sister might find you...satisfying." Startled with his visceral reaction to Dewydd, Respen is mildly embarrassed, but he tries unsuccessfully to hide it. He isn't used to being jealous. Perhaps he is more controlled by Nel than he thought.

He shakes himself out of the distraction, and replies in kind to discussion regarding attacks on this fort, Glimval, and their current state of affairs. He listens as the party brings him up to speed. He tries to use the opportunity to repair his relationship with Sylvar, giving him deeper insight into Ky, Dame Clare, and Nel. "Syl, my cousin elf. You don't know the whole story." He lowers his voice and quietly tries to reason with him. "Nel was subjected to repeated magical song and lyrics. Like yours. That was how my mistress controlled her. Bardic magic. There is a young Drow named Ky. Dame Clare compelled her the same way she compelled me. And Ky used her magic to condition Nel to accentuate the aspects that Dame Clare wanted to accentuate and dull those she didn't. Her reaction is simple: she didn't like your lyricism because she recalls Ky's."

Respen continues conversation with the party, answering Vale's questions about Vega missing and notifying Laramon of it, as well as Gus being in Laramon's care. He does not share Gus' demonstrated survival skills in Margull's tower with Vale. Some things are better left unrepeated.

Continuing on with planning, Respen discloses where he believes he fits in, "I believe at least Syl, Thallok, and I should go underground with Vale, if not most of us. I like Sylvar's idea of introducing magically induced disease into the fort, as well Lathir attacking from above. However, we need to know that we can control both. We don't want to count ourselves as accidental casualties. And I agree with Vale. I think something might be under the fort. Right or wrong, we need to know."

GM:
Corrected your spelling; the bard's name is Kylaendra, hence, "Ky" not "Ki."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The party's conversation with Nel spans about 25 minutes in its entirety. It is now Patchwall 22, CY 963, 11:00 AM.

Seeing that the discussion is just that, i.e., a polite discussion, and seeing that there is no longer the possibility of an inter-party brawl, Lathir takes to the skies in Vulture form, as he has been doing for the last few days.

GM:
Lathir, using Vulture's natural sighting distance, Spot Check: 40
Lathir, Spellcraft Check: 30




When Lathir returns 30 minutes later (11:30 am) he has the following to report:

1] Lathir saw the Drow walking around the fort again. This time, he was little (well, if you call 6'7" tall, "little.") He walked around each side of the fort wall and cast some sort of spell. With the long-range sighting ability of a Vulture's natural eyesight, Lathir is able to see the Drow's somatic gestures with perfect clarity (Spot Check: 40); he is then able to get a general idea of what type of spell is being cast (Spellcraft Check: 30): The Drow is casting some sort of Protection spell; it is similar to Protection From Energy, but from the somatics, it looks more focused and/or specialized, and longer-lasting. The spells are being cast on the fort wall and inner structures.

2] The platoon of Orcs comes back out of the fortress, and re-joins the main body of Orcs.

3] A female Hill Giant, dressed in the manner of a Shaman, was seen briefly outside the wall, talking to the Drow. Then she went back inside.

It is now 11:35 am, by the time Lathir has relayed the above information.
 
Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
I laugh again, this time in goodnatured humor. "Worry not Respen. My words were meant more as a compliment, not as a proposal! Being a little protective is a good thing - just ensure you mind the fine line between protectiveness and insecurity. The first is an endearing quality, the latter an unsightly trait.

When Lathir describes the spell being cast, I shrug and share, "If I were him, I would be protecting all of that wood from fire. It seems to be what he's doing too. Frustrating. How many enemies are there estimated to be in total between the camp and the fort? Too many and we might be better served just alerting local authorities and offering our services if they decide to act... Failing that, if you are all set on fighting the enemy now, I suppose I could tone my recklessness down a bit and deal with the orc encampment while you all handle the fort. Are there any casters down there from the looks of it?"
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
More Supplemental Info About The Fort

The Dead Giant on Thread Page 21 said:
"..."There are over 50 giants, and 30 Ogres in Nosnra's tribe, along with some other giants that he hired to help him in the mines. The Great Orc Mak has also sent over 100 of his troops to aid us; Nosnra also has many Orc slaves, a gift from The Mak. The slaves are followers of Marek who would not join the True Cause. Nosnra has an alliance with the Skullseeker Bugbear Tribe, which is over 50 warriors strong. The Trolls of the Armbreaker Tribe also swear allegiance to Nosnra, and there are at least 20 of them. Their leader, Brunk, is the strongest Troll I have ever seen. Nosnra is also allied with a Dark Elf Wizard, named Quinnlan, whom he seems to trust. He recently gave Quinnlan his own giantess harem, although I am not sure what that little, scrawny Elf plans to do with such fine, large women. He's the size of a baby compared to them."
GM:
Dewydd notices something: the dead giant referred to the Drow as Quinnlan. But Nelvandra referred to him as Glimval. That means one of two things:

1. There is more than 1 Drow in the Giant Fort with a taste for Giant females.

OR:

2. Quinnlan is an assumed name / alias for Glimval.


Lathir adds the following information, based on his patrols:

1. The exact number of Orcs is actually 156. There is the camp commander, who is served by 5 sergeants. Then there are 5 platoons, numbering 30 Orc soldiers each.

2. The Orc Leader wears Full Plate Mail, and carries a HUGE 2-Handed sword, which actually looks too big for him to wield properly.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir Engages the Strategy

When Lathir describes the spell being cast, (Dewydd) shrug and share,
"...I suppose I could tone my recklessness down a bit and deal with the orc encampment..."
Lathir holds out his left hand in a halting gesture.
"Hold up there. That thought has merit.

I know I am not prone to speaking at length, but I feel some necessity. I am deducing some possibilities based on our gathered information and what Nel has conveyed. In Skorane, we discovered a tunnel system beneath the town with teleporters and another tunnel leading to the unknown. Nel confirmed that this is indeed used by the Drow of the her birth city to come up and travel between there and that other city under where we are, now. It stands to reason that a tunnel system would exists under this very fort, since the machination we are currently witnessing are allocated to a Drow matron from that city.

What I like about Dewydd's last off-hand statement is that while we have been hitting patrols on this side of the fort successfully, we stand a good chance of running a skirmish against the Orc encampment that will provide us more information concerning the response time and prepared strategies of the beings in this fort
."
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Axe Speaks

Vale’s axe interjects, wanting to make its opinion known: “Drow nobles working with surface folk against their own kind; what is this world coming to? I suppose it a good portent, though. Hey Nelly, do you think you could introduce me to your sister, and her big spider? Love to meet ‘em both!” The axe roars with laughter, “Although I doubt that either of them would be able to say the same; I tend to have that effect on the undead. I render them speechless... THE OLD-FASHIONED WAY!!” The axe roars again, reveling in its rudeness, “But seriously, if you fellows want to strike a blow against those red piggies down there, you’d do well to make your first strike using stealth, targeting the leadership of the force. Grunts ain’t nothin’ without their whips to keep ‘em in line.”
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Vale Responds to Lathir

~ I like the Druid ~

Vale listens intently. Fighting these baddies in skirmishes wouldn’t be a bad way to go, as long as their reinforcements were cut off or bottlenecked. He can’t resist the sleeping hill giants, though.

“Useless sentries in the towers. Would like to smack them in general principle. Lazy oafs. Lathir, what day you gents let me consult the gods regarding this? We might be better off sneaking in and fighting off these baddies from behind them, where we can limit their reach.”

OOC: Vale casts Augury over successive days to ask questions that help their decision. He has spent some time the last few days watching fort and camp movement as Lathir has.


Vale begins to chant to himself in low baritone Dwarvish, praying to Clangeddin Silverbeard for the battle to come. His eyes glow a deep purple, a hue not yet seen by the party as associated with Vale's priestly spells.

Patchwall 21 (Yesterday): "Lord Silverbeard, I pray Augury as to the consequences of an action: woe or weal? We solemnly ask what will happen if we frontally assault the fort?”

Patchwall 22 (Today): "Lord Silverbeard, I pray Augury as to the consequences of an action: woe or weal? We solemnly ask what will happen if we attempt to sneak into the fort?”

Vale clearly shares the results as made known to him.

GM:
ANSWERS:

Frontal Assault: Woe be to you all if such foolishness is attempted. Weal to the Giant-kin, who would gain great wealth.

Sneaking: Weal to you all when the fort is approached with wisdom. Woe to the Giant-kin, who shall be caught unprepared.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Battle Plans

Lathir listens as well as provides his thoughts. He nods to Vale.
"If we decide to sneak into the fort, here is what I can provide:

I am not skilled at being sneaky, despite my former exposure as a military scout. I am better at providing information and getting a lay of the area. My best talent in this at this point, would be to provide overwatch. Instead of shifting into the vulture, I could change to an eagle so that I will be physically able to make a cry of alarm. If you are going under cover of darkness, I could shift to an owl so that I will still be able to see.

If it is necessary that I enter the fort, I will attempt a plausible disguise, since I am not very good at hiding. I can mimic an orc fairly well, and I speak Orcish.

If we decide to ambush the encampment, here is what I can provide:

Once again, I am best suited to overwatch, but as this will be an aggressive venture, I can drop fire by a couple of different designs. I can also employ that spike traps, especially if need to cover an exit
."
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Explorer
OOC: Vale casts Augury over successive days to ask questions that help their decision. He has spent some time the last few days watching fort and camp movement as Lathir has.


Vale begins to chant to himself in low baritone Dwarvish, praying to Clangeddin Silverbeard for the battle to come. His eyes glow a deep purple, a hue not yet seen by the party as associated with Vale's priestly spells.

Patchwall 21 (Yesterday): "Lord Silverbeard, I pray Augury as to the consequences of an action: woe or weal? We solemnly ask what will happen if we frontally assault the fort?”

Patchwall 22 (Today): "Lord Silverbeard, I pray Augury as to the consequences of an action: woe or weal? We solemnly ask what will happen if we attempt to sneak into the fort?”

Vale clearly shares the results as made known to him.

GM:
ANSWERS:

Frontal Assault: Woe be to you all if such foolishness is attempted. Weal to the Giant-kin, who would gain great wealth.

Sneaking: Weal to you all when the fort is approached with wisdom. Woe to the Giant-kin, who shall be caught unprepared.
Vale casts Augury twice on Patchwall 20 (before the questions previously mentioned), as follows:

Patchwall 20 ( The Day Before Yesterday): "Lord Silverbeard, I pray Augury as to the consequences of an action: woe or weal? We solemnly ask what will happen if we burn the fort to the ground?”
Patchwall 20 ( The Day Before Yesterday): "Lord Silverbeard, I pray Augury as to the consequences of an action: woe or weal? We solemnly ask what will happen if I burrow a tunnel down into the cliff to the ground level of the fort?”

OOC: The Burrow spell allows 10 feet/round excavation movement through anything but solid rock or water as a burrowing animal. A single instance of the spell lasts 1 minute / level.


Again, Vale shares any information with the group, as well as with Nel & Respen upon their arrival.

If Vale receives a favorable answer to dig a tunnel, he will move quickly on Patchwall 20 to do just that. He quietly withdraws from the party for a few minutes, measuring distance and using his Dwarven instincts and architectural & engineering knowledge to plan the tunnel. It takes him half a day on the 20th to do it. The center of camp is 600 feet (200 yards) as a crow flies to the fort, with a 90 foot drop at the end of the cliff. The closest the cliff is to the fort is 300 feet (100 yards), and that point is about the same distance southwest of the camp. The camp itself is not quite 300 feet from the cliff at its closest point, but nearly 600 feet from the cliff's closest point to the fort. After analyzing the options, Vale casts his spell and immediately burrows just over 600 feet at a 9.5 degree angle downward in southwesterly direction gradually toward the cliff face at the northwestern corner of the fort at the point where the cliff face and fort are closest. His direction does not take him through the cliff wall, but down into the ground below the level of the canyon floor, where he builds out a 10' x 10' burrow just above what must be canyon bedrock or sandstone just outside the cliff face about 30 feet. He spends most of his time on Patchwall 21 shoring up the tunnel and making it large enough to allow medium creatures to single file walk to the burrow. He parks the wagon above the entrance.


000 - Layout of The Canyon_2.jpg
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Respen Adds An Option

~ Time to test the bonds that bind us ~

Respen surveys the fort in the canyon from the party's secret perch, on the way back, he mentally reaches out to Dame Clare.

"Your Grace, can you hear me? Do you have the ability to cast levitate and invisibility to a group of nine (9) using me as a focal point, and if so how long will each last? I want a quick way down a 90' cliff for a group of us, and I don't want to be seen during the drop nor for at least 600 feet further at a run."

When he returns to camp, regardless of Dame Clare's answer, he asks of the group, "Who kept the magical ring of feather falling?"

OOC: This allows the party two more options to the canyon floor near the fort, and outside of the view of the orc encampment.
 

Aust Thale

Explorer
Current Loot Count

OOC: All party members please use out of character communication on our chat service to note any item on this list taken for use; I will add to this list in an edit. When the party engages the fort, the party needs to decide what to do with it. (leave in wagon at camp; place in Vale's haversack; load into Respen's portable hole, etc.). This list was acquired by the party sans Respen & Nel. Neither Respen nor Nel are entitled to any of it except as equipment (bows/arrows, etc.) Any value from the sale of any of it is due the seven (7) other party members.


Current Loot Count From Teleport Circle Until Staging for Fort:

4 Suits of Masterwork Chainmail (From the Humans)
4 Suits of Elven Chainmail (From the Elves) One (1) Suit to Sylvar
4 Masterwork Large Steel Shields (From the Humans)
4 Masterwork Longswords (From the Humans)
4 Masterwork Longbows (From the Humans)
4 Masterwork Greatswords (From the Elves)
4 Masterwork Composite Longbows [Set for 16 Str] (From the Elves) One (1) To Vale; One (1) To Sylvar
6 Masterwork Chainmail Shirts (Medium-sized) w/ Pomarj emblem (Two of which will need repairs to the abdomen area)
6 Chainmail Shirts w/ Pomarj Markings
6 Masterwork Falchions (Medium-sized) w/ Pomarj emblem
6 Falchions (regular) w/ Pomarj Markings
6 Masterwork Composite Short Bows (Set for 21 Str) w/ Pomarj Emblem
6 Shortbows(regular) w/ Pomarj Markings
16 Quivers / 20 Arrows Each
10 Large-sized Hide Armors
20 Large-sized Javelins
10 Large-sized Greatclubs

Ogre Leader's Hide Armor [Large-sized] (looks WAY better than the others)
Ogre Leader's Greatclub [Large-sized] (looks WAY better than the others)

3 Masterwork Javelins [Large-sized] from the Ogre Leader
2 Masterwork Greatclubs [Large-sized] from the Giants
2 Masterwork Hide Armors [Large-sized] from the Giants
794 pp.
14,415 gp.
18,822 sp.
10,049 cp.

4 Quivers of 20 Arrows Each; Arrows are OBVIOUSLY MAGICAL, made from heartwood, with yellow runes! (From the Elves)
1 Wand, Fully Charged (50)
Potion (Light Green Liquid)
Ogre Leader's Ring (Platinum, set with an emerald)
Large-sized Magical Chain Shirt (Strong Abjuration)
Large-sized Magical Naginata (Strong Evocation)
Large-sized Magical Cloak (Faint Abjuration)
3 Unknown Potions (Faint Transmutation)

Gems:
1. Blue Sapphire (wow)
2. Emerald (wow)
3. Moss Agate
4. Bloodstone
5. Jasper
6. Star Rose Quartz
7. Moonstone
8. Onyx
9. Peridot
10.Black Opal (wow)
11. Diamonds (2) (Unknown Value)

Iron Rations (Enough for 20 people to last for 14 days; i.e., 280 days for 1 person.)
6,000 gp. worth of rare spices
2,000 gp. worth of fine silk (10 bolts, 200 gp. per bolt.)
8,000 gp. worth of Elven Wine (10 barrels, 800 gp. per barrel.)
5,000 gp. worth of Wintershiven Ale (10 barrels, 500 gp. per barrel.)

GM:
Note: The barrels of wine and ale are all Pony Kegs, aka Quarter Barrels. They are 17" in diameter, and 14" tall. They weigh 75 lbs. when full. They each hold 8 gallons of liquid.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Vale said:
Patchwall 20 ( The Day Before Yesterday): "Lord Silverbeard, I pray Augury as to the consequences of an action: woe or weal? We solemnly ask what will happen if we burn the fort to the ground?”


Patchwall 20 ( The Day Before Yesterday): "Lord Silverbeard, I pray Augury as to the consequences of an action: woe or weal? We solemnly ask what will happen if I burrow a tunnel down into the cliff to the ground level of the fort?”
Answers:

Burn It: Woe be to you, caught by a carefully laid trap. Weal to the Giant-kin, whose choice of allies was well-chosen.

Tunnel To Ground: Weal to the party, whose method of egress is carefully hidden. Woe to the Giant-kin, whose fear prevents your discovery.
 
Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar looks at Respen, I'll not be trusting our fate to a Drow Queen...I can cast a spell that will make everyone invisible within 10 feet of me... He looks at Vale and addresses the party...I also have several spells that help us get away if necessary.



GM:
I'll let it slide this time, since Respen failed to use ~ ~ around his request, denoting THOUGHT.

The premise here is, while thinking about what he was saying over the mental link, he unconsciously (because he's not used to the ability) spoke his request out loud simultaneously. Therefore, Sylvar was able to hear it. THIS TIME.

RESPEN: In the future, please use the ~ ~ marks around your text like so: Respen muses inwardly, ~Wow, that's cool.~

SYLVAR: In the future, be careful not to respond to people's thoughts as if they were spoken words.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Dame Clare replies to Respen, mentally: ~I don't have much time, because I am about to attempt something risky. It involves rescuing Serindak from his current predicament. But the details are irrelevant. I can open a portal with the mirror to where you are, and Ky can step through and hand you some items. I happen to have 2 scrolls that will help you. The first is a scroll of Mass Invisibility, and the second is a scroll of Arcane Eye. If I were you, I wouldn't cast them directly from the scrolls, unless you're desperate. You'd be smarter to copy them into your spellbook, if you are skilled enough, so that you can make repeated use of them in the future. Of course, I never had time to work with you, and to see how far along you were in your studies. So copying these scrolls for your own use might be above your current level of ability. At any rate, it's the best I can do at the moment. After I have done what I am planning to do, I will be out-of-pocket for awhile. Get ready, Ky is coming.~

At this point, a glowing portal opens, luckily out of sight of the other party members. Kylaendra steps through it, smiles, and hands Respen two scrolls. She then gives him a peck on the cheek, and winks at him, as she steps back through the portal, which promptly closes behind her.

[sblock=Portrait of Kylaendra, Drow Elf Bard.]
Bard-001.jpg
[/sblock]

Dame Clare via the Mental Link: ~Have fun storming the castle, my dear.~

GM:
Respen now has:

Mass Invisibility scroll (20th level caster)
Arcane Eye scroll (18th level caster)


After that last comment, you receive no further messages from Dame Clare.
 
Last edited:

Aust Thale

Explorer
Respen To Sylvar

~ Thank you, your Grace! ~ Respen replies to Dame Clare.

When Ky steps through, he smiles and greets her warmly, as a family member might.
When she kisses his cheek, he thinks to himself, ~ Be less judgmental, my brother. Aesthetics are certainly a perk of membership. ~

To Ky, “You should come adventure with us, my dear Ky. All work and no fun, and all of that! You should query her Grace to see if you might join us at some point! It would be a delight!”

Respen whispers mentally to Nel, ~ Sylvar intends well, my dear. Perhaps he and Ky should sing to each other for fun. Dueling Bards. They could take their performance on the road! ~

Respen stores the scrolls in the portable hole. He is indeed not adept enough yet for these. But in the future.

Returning to Sylvar & the group, he says, ” Sylvar, Let’s try to get inside before we use your spell. I suspect we’ll need it. I think we can make it the distance to the fort. The ogre sentries are lazy, sleep-mongering oafs. We’ll carve out his Adam’s apple before he sees us.”

GM:
PLEASE NOTE: The composition of the cliff -IS- largely rock, but the eroded edge near the fort is mostly hard clay, limestone, and shale, therefore, the Burrow spell will work. The tunnel won’t be straight, by the way. It will twist and turn around the hardest / most dense deposits. But you can still manage it, just barely.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar closes one eye so that it becomes accustomed to the dark, and lowers himself into the tunnel. He will wait for everyone else on the other side of the dark/light barrier. Just on the other side of where the day light stops.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir enters the burrowed hole without demonstrating any reservations. He pauses, waiting on the others and blinks a few times to adjust to his new ability to see in a darkness where once he could not.
 

Advertisement

Top