GREYHAWK CY963 GOLDEN ERA CAMPAIGN: HEROES OF DYVERS: CHAPTER 4

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
It is now 3:35 pm. on Patchwall 16, CY 963.
Sunset, according to what Laramon told the party, will be around 6:15 pm.
The party is in the Village of Skorane, at the bottom of the dried-up, village water well, in a large, natural cavern.
The cavern is partially lit by the sunlight streaming in from the well shaft above.
It is also partially lit by a phosphorescent green moss which lines the walls, floors, and ceiling.

Welcome To...

Dyvers CY963 Campaign Logo 001.jpg

CHAPTER FOUR

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
And so, it begins...

It is obvious that this entire cavern was once filled with water. An exploration of the caves reveals the following (see map below):

Caves-Under-Well-001.png

There are elevation changes throughout the nearby portions of the cavern; the water has dwindled down to a small pool in an adjoining chamber. You estimate that the pool is perhaps 8 feet deep.

There is still enough phosphorescent green moss to see without torchlight in the adjoining chamber, but if you wish to travel into either of the passageways (A or B) you will need a light source. Both of those tunnels reside in absolute, pitch-black, darkness.

EVERYONE: What do you do?

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar adjusts his grip on the Naginata, grabbing it just about half way up the haft so that it feels balanced in his hand. " I would suggest that we don't dawdle, but the road ahead forks, shall we leave it up to the toss of a coin"

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Moving Forward

Lathir composes himself after what must have appeared as a very strange ordeal to everyone else. He sheathes his halfspear in its carrier and readjusts his hat. He scans the area again, visually. He covers one eye then alternates to the other.

"Oh this is neat! I can see much better in this darkened environment than I could a few moments ago. It feels as if the whole of existence has shifted, somewhat."

Lathir moves off through the cave. "Wait for me a second." Seeing the water he moves off toward it to give a quick examination. He tests the water for purity and waits momentarily to see if anything within its depth may entice further interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok watches Lathir with much interest. As he too is wondering about that pool of water, as well as his new companion's miraculous healing. He moves towards the entrance of the cavern where Lathir is, and watches his inspection of the water.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lathir moves to the pool, and kneels beside it. He is surprised to find that the water is pure, and clean. With normal vision, the light from the phosphorescent moss would be insufficient to see past the water's surface. However, using Darkvision, Lathir can see that the water is clear, and that there is nothing of interest in the pool, aside from a pair of albino frogs with red eyes; Lathir knows from experience that species which live underground often develop such traits (e.g., albinism) to enable their survival in a particular, given environment. There is nothing remarkable about the pair of frogs.

Albino Frog 001.jpg

GM:
DC For Analyze Water is 15; you cannot fail this roll. The DC for Identify Animal is 15; you cannot fail this roll.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Quick note from the Dungeon Master:

GM:
The Flame Strike not only melted the pit spikes, but also most of the gear carried by the affected undead. All that remains is:

a tarnished chainmail shirt
two ragged and torn leather cuirrasses
a tarnished and dented open-faced helm
two tarnished longswords

Waynan

Adventurer
While Lathir and Thallok check out the Pool Room, Tam-Tam stands at the point of the tunnel where the phosphorescence ends and the passages fork, thinking:

"A coin toss? Normally, I like a good mystery as to where something may lead me; but this could turn out bad no matter which way we go. Yeah, a coin toss is as good as any to choose a path"

Though he puts on a good face of bravado and cheer for the public eye; Tamartamlan Quickfoot was. is, and probably will always be, secretly, a bit of a skeptic --- and yet, he loves to take risks. Maybe that's why he became a thief. There was nothing riskier to his eye.

Pondering his methodology and which way the coin toss will take them, Tam-Tam gets his rapier at the ready in one hand and his dagger in the other, then looks back at the rest of the party:

"This is a strong group. I really like them, already --- even, and maybe especially, the Orc; though, for the life of me, I can't explain why. Anyways, hopefully, all this will play out to our advantage."

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir touches the pool of water with the tip of his left hand. He watches the ripples gently travel from it across the surface of the pool. To him it is a druidic symbol of well being upon the simple life within the pool. To others, it may seem as if he were momentarily lost in thought or perhaps nothing at all.

He stands and moves deliberately toward the waiting Halfling.
"Well my little friend, which way do you think?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases