Pathfinder 2E [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#1 Chapter#1

GreenKarl

First Post
"Yeh, that Jawicho guy says he gonna do some awchemy, minds if'n ah can check tha out, I likes awchemy."

Jericho is somewhat surprised by the knock but answering the door he stares down at Elkran with a raised eyebrow. After a second he shrugs and opens the door fully for the goblin to enter. He goes over quickly what he is attempting and then sets back to work. Jericho is quite proud of his Elixir of Life formula, even though he was crafting the alchemist fire bombs at the time, and was more then happy to drone on about the compounds and chemicals that he had used to create one for the very first time...

OOC: I'm not sure how cooperation works as with Advanced Alchemy, Jericho does not need to make a skill check when I spend the Resonance Point. If we had more time then we could spend a couple of days and make some up with a skill check, but even my lowest one takes 1 day per silver piece I think and all mine cost 2-3 silver pieces.

The group reconvenes at the Deverin manor before dusk and after some pleasantries, Lady Keleri leads the group into the basement vault. Four men-at-arms are guarding the door. They stand at attention as the lady hands one of them the key to open the vault. The interior still seems ransacked. Keleri says, "I'll repair the vault after you return." She indicates a hole in the floor where the goblin raiders gained access to the vault.

"How far away is the lair?" Someone asks. Elkran says it's about ten minutes away through the cleanest part of the sewer.

True to his word, about ten minutes later you find yourselves next to a wide dry tunnel heading north. Elkran indicates this is the entrance.

GM: Need a party order. And we get to experience Exploration mode. Read about it. Tell me what you are doing and we'll figure out what "tactic" each of you is using.

Oh, yeah, and light sources. You got some humans with you.

ashen ossuary A1.png

GreenKarl

First Post
OOC: Jericho likes where he is :) Unless people want to move at slower speed Jericho is assumed to be Wandering. IF we are moving at half speed he will be Investigation explorer tactics as that would probably be the best thing he can do

"Does someone have a lantern? We will need a light source going into that tunnel" Jericho says looking around in the dimly light basement.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Urik steps out in front and gives the air a sniff to tell whether there are any unexpected scents hinting at what lies ahead (to go along with the expectedly bad ones). "I did not entreat the Master of Masters for a spell to light my way when I prayed this morning," he says, reflexively placing a hand over the satchel containing his holy text. "But if someone else wants to furnish a light source I will carry it up front." Goblins could be wiley foes and the vanguard would be the best place for him to be able to keep his eyes peeled for traps, ambushes, and other threats.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Corwin says, "I want to be up front if anything comes at us. I have torches to light our way, but if you are willing to hold it, by all means. That would free my hands up to stay ready for anything attacking." Corwin lights a torch and hand it to Urik.

OOC: I like where Corwin is, and will be using the exploration tactic of defending.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Narkle gets a serious face to his normally mischievous self, and sets in with the group, and oddly he doesnt say much at all.

OOC: Narkle's position is fine, and he will assume Exploration Tactic of Detecting Magic unless we decide to be sneakier...

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hiromi poked at every loose brink and peeked into every small hole, to see if she could find any secret caches or hidden foes.

OOC: She'll Search, which I guess would be a Seek. Let me know if I should be rolling Perception. Also, this requires her to move at a slow pace, so everyone might need to slow down or they'll leave her behind.

Remove ads