• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] A Soul Indiscretion

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena ponders things for a moment. She seems to have an idea, but then shakes her head, "That will not work..."

She motions to those nearby... "I can see the little guys.. There, there... there over there, there, " The gnome points them out to group. "Tricky little guys."

The gnomish woman whispers a new idea to the others, "I might be able to scare them with an illusion. A few anyhow."

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Well, I can't see a thing in that murky water. You do something to scare 'em up that would help a lot," says Fury.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2
Initiative: +6 Perception: +5

AC: 16 (14 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +0

In Hand: rapier[/sblock]

Last edited:

AxeM

First Post
The Duke Grunts
"None of ya are hunters I see"

The Duke will wrap his hammer around his belt and pull out a longbow and notch an arrow to it. Then he leans over Zelena (somewhat uncomfortably, depending on her feelings about personal space) to try and match her angle of vision

"Where were they again Zelena, point one out for me"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
From the bottom of the steps you can see a large collection of bloated white corpses, flies buzzing around them in a black cloud. Few look to be intact.

Despite your best efforts nobody can see the things even following Zelena's directions.

OOC: To save some time here I am going to tell you OOC, that Zelena is the only one even capable of seeing these guys - she has a +9 bonus, otherwise The Duke's +6 is the next highest and insufficient.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I suspect the point is not to see the creatures but to know, in general, where they are so he can attack the square and hope he hits something using rules for attacking creatures with total concealment.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric stands ready with his guisarme, waiting to see if The Duke draws a reaction from the creatures. He has a bow and knows how to use it, but is prepared to defend the group if the creatures are amphibious.

He asks Zelena, "Can you describe what we are dealing with? Are they fish or do they have legs?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Guisarme[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
"Let us see how this works... Get ready..." Zelana throws up a bit of fuzzy fleece and cants something arcane... Within the water a large serpentine shape with a big spikey toothy maw, appears from the watery entrance of the room (D4 and D5). "Small human like creatures... water goblins perhaps. Our Pesh addict mentioned squid goblin."

((Silent Image, DC 13 Will Save once interacted with.))

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The arrow pierces the murky waters surface and a split second later an oily vermillion substance bubbles upwards followed shortly after by a small grotesque corpse. It has a goblin-like torso and head and eight tentacles in place of legs!

As Zelena places her serpent the water thrashes and two more of the creatures hurl themselves at the beast. The sound of thrashing water from behind the tumble down wall indicates more of the creatures trying to attack the illusory snake from the other side of the doorway. At the back of the room to the water thrashes and tentacles and leathery limbs can be seen as the creatures dart out of sight through to the other room.

Three of the creatures see strike the illusion, with crude little spears and one of them begins burbling excitedly in a strange watery language.

OOC: Fury is up!
Followed by Borric.
Knowledge Dungeoneering to identify the Squid Goblins

images

[sblock=Aquan]Nobody speaks Aquan right?[/sblock]

[sblock=Init Order]
Hmmm, not entirely sure how to treat this as the little guys were watching you from the water waiting for you to act. So we'll go with.

The Duke
Zelena
Squid Goblins
Fury
Borric (I'm aware was readied, but since nothing would have triggered I'm being nice)
Sylvain
Falkner
[/sblock]

[sblock=Avatar Images]
Did not have an image for Zelena, if you have something you would prefer SongDragon let me know and I'll alter it as desired.[/sblock]

FloodedBasementb.jpg

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads