[LPF] A Soul Indiscretion

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric chuckles, "You know me and the whores. But with the coin I got, perhaps I will stick with the classier courtesans in the Night Court district for my more personal needs from now on."

"Given the alleged incompetence of the Guard, perhaps we should discuss some things with the local hooligans. I am meaning to try out this new weapon I bought. Not much for bashing, but good for slicing off their limp noodles I am sure."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Guisarme[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury practices a few choice words in Giantish before addressing the subject of their investigation. "I hope Zelena has a better time of it than we did." He shakes his head in disbelief at the so-called Commander. "She has a better head on her shoulders than I do. Calmer. Has a way with people, she does." Fury drums his fingers on the hilt of his rapier as if itching to draw and use it and he paces along the side of the guard station within hearing of the beggars. He lets loose with a string of mangled Giantish curses. "Leeches like that get fat on the blood of common folk who can't help where they were born. Someone should do something about it."

Fury tilts his head and gives Sylvain a blank look. "I was born here. You could say that I'm one of those 'hooligans'. They do what they have to to survive. Especially in the face of men like those..." His lips tighten into a thin line and his eyes seem to chill a degree or two.

When he turns away from the witch his eyes light upon the beggars. His brow raises as he assesses the miserable wretches and he locks eyes with one. "I'd be willing to bet that a man always looked over would see and hear quite a bit that goes on in this city; like these foul mutilations happening 'round here. Or know someone who might have seen or heard something. If that man were to part with some useful information I'd surely make it worth his time."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +3

AC: 16 (14 touch; 12 flat-footed)
HP: 18 Current: 18
CMB: +3 CMD: 17 Fort: +1 Ref: +7 Will: +0

In Hand: nothing[/sblock]

Gerald007

First Post
Syl wanted to explain to Fury that it wasn't the upbringing that made someone trouble, it was the violence and lawbreaking they chose to do afterwards that do so, but before he could get the words out, the man was already moving to question some of the onlookers. Syl hung back from the questioning, as to give the fellow his room to operate.

"A bit touchy, isn't he?" Syl whispers to Borric.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric claps a hand on Fury's shoulder, good-naturedly, "Well, now you are working for guard and the boot's on the other foot, eh? I am sure this bug-lover did not mean to offend you. If he did, he needs more practice to do it right proper. He did not even disparage your mother or call you a coward."

"Speaking of the gnome, she off doing her own investigating or is she meeting us here? If we are waiting for her, we can start with the beggars nearby, but I warn you, tact is not my strongest trait."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 13 Current: 13
CMB: +4 CMD: 16 Fort: +4 Reflex: +2 Will: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Guisarme[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"I know all about it man? You got any Pesh, I'll tell you everthin' for a bit of the sweet cactus!" A lean balding man scrambles to his feet using the wall for support and swaying on the spot as if he has trouble standing. "I have seen some of the unofficial corpses, dead nasty! Even take you to one for a taste. Names Swayzie, least wise that is what folk call me, really its Nandro Forenzi. But for some Pesh I'll be whoever you like..."

His eyes roam over he group wildly and he holds his hands out to the sides like an acrobat on a high wire.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury looks at the wobbly beggar skeptically. "Nandro, you show us this corpse, tell us what you know and I'll see you have the means to get yourself a taste of the Pesh. Gotta wait for a couple of friends of mine to show up first, though."

[sblock=OOC]Since we're doing a double-scene, here and in the Dunn Wright I can't be sure, but I would assume we all followed the Corporal here to talk to Handso. If that's the case Zelena and anyone else may have stayed to placate the Commander or followed after Fury after his outburst.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnomish woman follows the others out of the Tavern with no comments nor does she appear to change her clothing or gear. As they group reaches the Planks she continues on through the grime as does everyone else, barely slowing her pace as she easily keeps up with the group. The dirt and mud that does manage it's way onto her tidy belongings is ignored as if it never happened.

Entering the guard post she remains to one side, quite and confident and listens to all that is said. At the comments of other more, "outspoken" individuals of the group the only outside expression is that of a raised brow.

As Borric storms out she takes the cue and steps forward, "Commander Handso, I do apologize for my companion's outburst. I believe that he has been having a bad day and has let his anger get the best of him. I am sure you do your best to run the Ranocchio District the best you are able, with what you are provided with."

She takes a moment for her comments to soothe and calm the man before continuing, "Your offer does seem fair, but considering the efforts that will be needed, might I ask for a portion of the intended funds up front? If we are to loosen tongues, the most universal method is with coin."

She continues with more as the man considers her first request and asks, "Since we will be conducting this investigation on behalf of the city of Venzu, perhaps you might be able to provide us with a writ of some kind granting us this permission? Just in cast we run afoul of some of your other men in the field, or other officers of the fine city. Not to mention, should we find and catch those responsible for these despicable acts, the powers of arrest and detain, in the limited capacity that you have hired us for?"

She smiles and looks up at the Commander with whomever has remained within the guard post with her kind sparkling eyes.

((Diplomacy 1d20+8=14))

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Beady eyes starring after the more thorny party members Hanso's attention is soon drawn back to Zelena. And he is soon nodding along with her words, evidently pleased that someone understands him, and the pressures he is under.

"Ah, thank you my dear, such a pleasure to be in the presence of a real lady, even one of small stature. I am afraid a warrant would do you more harm than good here in the Ranocchio, the vermin here go out of their way to disrupt the forces of justice and order,"
he taps his chest and smiles modestly, "as for my men, well most of them are little better. They generally go out of their way to avoid trouble and half of them take the greater part of their pay from the gangs in any case."

"As for an advance upon the coin," he frowns, "yes, you raise a good point. And you are properly respectful, I never get any respect, they all laugh at me you know... S'not fair, I work hard, paperwork, and, and public relations, and whiskey doesn't drink itself... What was I talking about? Ah coin, yes, yes I shall advance you 50 gold pieces each for bribes and such."

Reaching down to a draw with a grunt of effort, Handso lifts out a small lock box and open it with a brass key. Hey counts out 50 gold for each mercenary - which takes a while - and then pushes them across the table towards Zelena.

[sblock=Treasure]Everyone receives 50gp. OOC he will forget about this advance so it is in addition to the 250gp reward.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena will collect the coins and will turn them over to the others as when she reunites with them... ((Maybe... ;) )) "Thank you Commander. I will not take up any more of your time. We will attempt to get to the bottom of this matter as quickly as we can. With some luck, our deeds will bring a spotlight on the district and allow it to prosper instead of wallow." she turns to leave and says with respect, "Good day, Sir."

The gnome then exits the guard post and once the door is shut closes her eyes for a brief moment and takes in a deep breath. As her grey eyes open she looks about for those she just cleaned up after. She walks over the the guys... "Well, we are good with the Commander, for now. " Eyes Fury with that "you know what you did" look, "I even managed to get us... " she catches sight of the beggar close by and does not continue. "I will mention it again in private company."

"So... does this, gentleman happen to know something of interest to us?" she asks. The gnome peers around the area carefully looking for anyone paying any undo attention to the group. ((Perception 1d20+9=15))

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
All of the beggars seem quite interested in the party, and their eyes rove for the tell tale bulge of purses, but they appear to have ceded the floor to Swayze for the time being.

Remove ads