D&D 5E New Baldur's Gate 3 Video

Scribe

Legend
I've rebooted and still getting a prompt to install .NET for LariLauncher, but the BG3 executable runs just fine.

Larian... just like... stop being annoying every single step of the way. Please!

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I'm not putting it in the thread to derail it but just do the classic Google search of "Jim Cummings controversy" and scroll slightly.
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Pretty much, yeah.

On BG3, I think I worked out why the new Paladin abilities - you pick a Paladin subclass at L1 here, which I'll be honest, makes an absolute TON more sense than picking one at L3, because your Oath is a lot closer to a Patron for a Warlock than a normal subclass, in that it's fundamental to what you're doing.

I assume more than that, they wanted to code the Paladin Code stuff so you could become an Oathbreaker and so on, and if that didn't even kick in until L3 that wouldn't make a lot of sense.

So I'm hoping that at L3 I'll probably get the other abilities.
I've rebooted and still getting a prompt to install .NET for LariLauncher, but the BG3 executable runs just fine.

Larian... just like... stop being annoying every single step of the way. Please!
Apparently downloading this newest one fixes it but yeah:

LOL bloody hell what.

Literally the first thing we learn about the Paladin subclasses they've got - Devotion and Ancients - is that Larian have completely made up new abilities for them!

That's not the best possible start to proceedings I must admit!

Devotion Paladins get "Holy Rebuke" which you put on a target and creatures attacking it take 1d4 damage (hopefully before they swing? Unclear). (This is a little bit like Rebuke the Violent from Redemption Paladins)

Ancients Paladins get some sort of AOE heal called "Healing Radiance" which looks decent-ish.

But is this replacing or in addition to Sacred Weapon/Nature's Wrath respectively, or their Turn abilities? Oh and you can also become an Oathbreaker by making certain conversation choices. Let's pray there's a warning that dialogue options will do that or it'll be autosave before all serious conversations class lol. Oathbreakers get Control Undead, which doesn't function at all like it does in the tabletop, but instead summons an undead and also is a spell not an ability.

Oh Larian...
And it's super fun to play, the changes are about the same as the ones on the Ranger.

Scribe

Legend
Should note the accusations against Cummings where from his ex wife during a custody battle, where they were both saying bad things about each other. And Investigators found the accusations to be unsubstituted. The wife did not press any charges or bring that stuff up anywhere but the custody trial.

Well, that sucks since its as simple as a google search to come away with 'well this guy is now seen negatively'.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Typically speaking, there are two truths to keep in mind:

*People who lie about this kind of thing are extremely, extremely rare (but not nonexistent)
*People who abuse/assault others almost never have just a single victim

There's a reason why whenever a (semi)famous abuser is outed, plenty of other victims tend to step forward as well (anonymously or not). It's almost never just one story.

While it is true that nearly all accusations tend to be true (whether they lead to charges/convictions or no), the infinitesimal odds of falsehood tend to increase when there's only a single accuser.

My point was to show that you can make a game with faithful 5E mechanics for very little money, instead of being lazy Larian style and put a shallow 5E varnish on top of an existing non-D&D system with non-D&D mechanics. I have never made any claims that Solasta is a glorious, tripple-A game, merely that the game has working 5E mechanics with a fraction of Larians budget.

I have no problem if you or others don't agree with my personal views on BG3, but at least try to read my posts in good faith.
Not sure why you're saying I didn't read your posts in good faith? I think you're the one who may have misunderstood my point. You're saying that Solasta is a game that is faithful to 5E mechanics and was made on a smaller budget. I'm not disagreeing with that (and I also never said that you thought it was a triple-A game); I'm saying that it achieved that by spending no time or money on story.

Remove ads