• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
William Ronald said:
(Using the akashic memory ability and the eidetic memory feat from Arcana Unearthed:

Reidzilla once wanted to run a Darwin's World event, and perhaps he can come up with a character for Barenndd Nobeard and one for MattyHelms, and run a quick combat. So, we have a cyborg and a mutant. Perhaps we could have a quick demo. (Okay, everyone -- remember that thalmin gets a cut of all the sidebets on this match. ;) You don't want to cheat the house.)

No, no, no! Remember, it's MattyHelms and Barendd Nobeard we're talking about here. It must be Synnibarr! Nazriel can be Fate (i.e., a Synnibarr GM). :p

Reidzilla said:
I remember something on the order of "A giant mutant bear with huge frikin' laser beams coming out of its eyes!" Does that help? :)
Oh, yeah!!!!! If I can play that, Darwin's World is fine! ;)

MattyHelms

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
No, no, no! Remember, it's MattyHelms and Barendd Nobeard we're talking about here. It must be Synnibarr!

That's right! Put away your d20s, people, and prepare to do tens of thousands of points of damage and receive fractional experience points for slaying the winged giant grizzly that shot lasers out of its eyes!

MattyHelms

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
As a quick aside, MattyHelms, I'm digging your new avatar. Michael Whelan doing John Carter and Dejah Thoris = teh cool.

Thanks - no doubt it only reflects my sheer coolness :)

Hmmm - should we have a quick in-between event Synnibarr smackdown? Barendd and I could take the hours ahead of time to stat ourselves out. That way, the event should only last a few blissful seconds...

William Ronald

Explorer
MattyHelms said:

Hmmm - should we have a quick in-between event Synnibarr smackdown? Barendd and I could take the hours ahead of time to stat ourselves out. That way, the event should only last a few blissful seconds...

A quick Synnibarr or Darwin's World smackdown might be fun, as gladiatorial combats can be fun --- at least for the spectators. :D

reveal

Adventurer
William Ronald said:
A quick Synnibarr or Darwin's World smackdown might be fun, as gladiatorial combats can be fun --- at least for the spectators. :D

Ok, I'll bring my french maid outfit AND my gladiator outfit.

MattyHelms said:

Buzz, please add the following to the first page:

Slot -1: Synnibarr character creation for the Helms-Nobeard Show Down. Meet at the Little America parking lot at 3 a.m. Should be done by breakfast. This event is full.
Fate: Nazriel
1. MattyHelms
2. Barendd Nobeard

;)

William Ronald

Explorer
Barendd Nobeard said:

Slot -1: Synnibarr character creation for the Helms-Nobeard Show Down. Meet at the Little America parking lot at 3 a.m. Should be done by breakfast. This event is full.
1. MattyHelms
2. Barendd Nobeard

;)

Caffeine highly recommended for this event. ;)

Nazriel

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:

1. MattyHelms
2. Barendd Nobeard

;)

Dang... 3 am? Am I going to be compensated for that? Well, I suppose if everyone's sleep deprived then the correct mindset will be in place for Synnibarr. :uhoh:

Would I be smacked if I ruled that the two of you would have to pre-gen a Pirate vs. Ninja pair to duel?

Nazriel said:
Dang... 3 am? Am I going to be compensated for that? Well, I suppose if everyone's sleep deprived then the correct mindset will be in place for Synnibarr. :uhoh:

Would I be smacked if I ruled that the two of you would have to pre-gen a Pirate vs. Ninja pair to duel?

[sound effect] Smack!!!! [/sound effect]

It's Synnibarr--everything must be random. We will follow all Synnnibarr standard rules for character creation, including the random rolls for class. Anything else would just be a poor imitation of the real thing.

Oooh, I hope I get a Bio Syntha Cyborg!! [sblock]from the Character Descriptions section on Bio Syntha Cyborgs: "Because B.S.C.s have no parents, they begin with no money. However, through performing odd jobs during their training they manage to earn $300 and some clothing."[/sblock]

Next summer, I think we need to film the "sample adventure" as a cutting edge independent film. Maybe we can get Steve Buscemi to play FATE....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads