• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC - Mad King's Monkey

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Eban kneels, knowing that he wants answers. His hands quickly pull out the arrows as he turns to Bayar. "You want him to talk, or let him die? Either way is fine with me, but choose quickly."

Assuming Bayar wants to 'ask' this gnoll some questions and requires it to be alive: Turning to the others, he adds, "He'll live, and pay for his crimes. Dying is too easy.... I think we should check out the campsite, take anything that can offer any clues or we can use, and get back to Henri's."

He waits for anyone else to say anything, hoping that they at least face him so that he can read their lips. Otherwise, he'll assume they have no objection.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Jan arrives and sees the dead gnoll. He switches from his bow to his sword and looks menacingly at the beastly humanoid. "Huh, I was going to behead him right here and place his head on a tree limb for the birds to eat of, let the beasts of the field eat of his body."

Electric Wizard

First Post
Sukri crosses the stream and hustles up the cliff, winded as much from exhilaration as from exertion. It's already over. The creature's blood flows onto the rocks and leaves. The gnolls seemed much more horrifying in the night. The sunlight revealed them for what they are, he thinks - mangy, flea bitten dogs who feared humans unless they outnumbered them.

"I agree with Jan," he says. "What more could this dog tell us? We should leave."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Then I will not heal him nor will I kill him. He will die on hie own, or by your blades. I am going to inspect the campsite." Eban stands, looking down on the gnoll and letting the others deal with the foe. He starts walking back towards the ledge, making sure to take a full inspection of the camp and any clues as to what the gnolls might have been planning.

Axel

First Post
Bayar

Bayar stood over the fallen Gnoll as the rest of the group caught up. His conscience warred with his thirst for blood after a chase while his breaths came in large gasps.

Is no use alive, causes lots of problems. Nothing more to be learning...

Don't need to be killing though. But it be escaping once before...

Unable to reconcile his thoughts, Bayar turned away in frustration as Jan offered his sword. "Just be killing the thing. It be easier. We take its head to the Chancellor, and be going home. There be nothing more here."

Sheathing his unbloodied sword Bayar started back down the goat track to where he left his gear at the base of the slope - keeping a wary eye on the fire to make sure it would likely burn out.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
*chop!* the longsword decapitates the beastial creature in a single merciful strike. He finds an empty sack for the head to be put into. No more trouble will come of it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads