• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XII is Nov 12th: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyHelms

First Post
buzz said:
Counting people who were cool with either 10/22 or 11/12, the October date is leading by three votes. Which is unfortunate, as we finally get MattyHelms posting agaibn, and the 22nd is a date he can't make. How much more advance notice do you need! Jeebus! :p

Do I need to start bribing for votes here? :)

Have I been gone so long that don't people know that my re-appearance means Synnibarr and Cthulhu rise again?

Oh, I think I just figured out why the day I can make it is losing the vote count... :)

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Bummer. The wife and I are likely to be in Chicago Halloween weekend, and the 29th would have been perfect. :(

Well, maybe in the spring.

Diremede

First Post
I would like to remove my vote of October 22nd. As it turns out it doesn't look like I can make any of the dates as I have prior arrangements for all of them :( and would hate to ruin anyones chances of getting the date they want.

Oh well I can always try for next time.

buzz

Adventurer
Well, I guess the two dates are neck-and-neck now. I'd err on the side of 11/12, if only so we can see MattyHelms at a Gameday again.

So, let's pretend that 11/12 is the final date. Thoughts? Further arguments for 10/22? I'd like to have an answer for thalmin by end of the day tomorrow.

FCWesel

First Post
11/12 seems a decent date. Go for it.

As for when to post stuff, heck, I am all for letting folks talk about the games they want to run and all that. My thought was that less time between "event posting & player posting & actual play time" meant that there was less chance of people bailing out for this or that reason.

I say go five weeks out for the final GM thread and three weeks out for the players sign-up.

I am running a morning SERENITY slot. I would like to reserve the room for the morning slot if I can. (Actually I would like it for both slots, but it's fair that someone else get a chance at it for the other slot. The reason I like the side-room is that it's less hard on my voice.)

As for the afternoon slot, I am thinking a good ol' IRON KINGDOMS RPG event is in order.

FCWesel

First Post
Here's the title of my SERENITY event...

MOONSHINE, MADNESS AND MIRACLES

Here's the title of my IK RPG event...

THE FALL OF SEVEN

* Of course, either are subject to change if a better title comes along.

MattyHelms

First Post
buzz said:
Well, I guess the two dates are neck-and-neck now. I'd err on the side of 11/12, if only so we can see MattyHelms at a Gameday again.

So, let's pretend that 11/12 is the final date. Thoughts? Further arguments for 10/22? I'd like to have an answer for thalmin by end of the day tomorrow.

Yay, you like me! You really like me! ;)

I am at your disposal, people - I'm thinking 1950's B-movie Cthulhu...

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads