• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

PF2 [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#1 Chapter#1

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Jericho's alchemist fire goes wide and misses Drakus.

"A challenge. Wonderful," the faceless creature says, the three pronged tongue whipping in and out of the small "mouth" opening. "These mewling creatures begin to bore me."

The creature lounges at Corwin and before he realizes it, Corwin tries to take advantage but was totally fooled by the feint. He strikes with his sword and Corwin barely gets hit shield up in time to deflect it. The creature's second sword strike is no more accurate. The rat continues to attack Elkran.


Drakus: 1> Feint Corwin 2> Sword Attack Corwin 3> Claw Attack Corwin
Feint: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29 vs Perception DC 12. Critical Success. Corwin is flatfooted rest of Drakus' turn.
Sword: 1D20+10 = [4]+10 = 14 Missed by one.
Second Sword: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11 Missed again.

Rat: 1> Attack 2> Attack 3> Attack
Three bites: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
1D4 = [1] = 1
1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
1D4 = [4] = 4
1D20-2 = [19]-2 = 17
1D4 = [3] = 3

Two hits for 4 hp of damage and 2 Fort saves DC 13 needed from Elkran.

Initiative order
Drakus 24
Corwin 17
Hiromi 13
Elkran 8
Jericho 3
Urik 21

Party is up in round 3.
ashen ossuary lair.png
Urik is prone in Corwin's square. No idea if that is legal or not.
 

Radaceus

Villager
OOC:
Elkran takes his damage and prays to some nameless god that cares not for the likes of him...
[roll0]
[roll1]
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Not sure what else to do, Hiromi fired two more arrows. Then she took a dagger in hand (holding her bow in her off-hand) ready to defend herself if Corwin fell, or to move in and aid him if she could.

OOC:
1: Strike! [roll0] for [roll1]p;
2: Strike! [roll2] for [roll3]s;
3: Object: Dagger in hand
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Corwin's flurry of sword strikes hit one the first time before Drakus is able to block the other two.
Hiromi's arrows miss again so she decides to change tactics.

Drakus has taken 32 hp of damage. The rat 3 hp of damage.

Jericho and Urik are up. (Though Urik is still prone.)
 

Radaceus

Villager
Elkran grimaces, and pulls out his dagger to have at the rat...

OOC:
1>Draw Dagger
2>[roll0] for [roll1] piercing damage
2>[roll2] for [roll3] piercing damage
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The rat skips to the left and the right deftly dodging Elkran's dagger.
Urik cannot get a good shot at Drakus either.

Jericho and then Drakus and the rat go.
 

GreenKarl

Villager
Jericho draws that last flask of alchemist fire, brings it to his lips and mutters Desna grant me luck and tosses it at the big hairy beast man...

OOC: [roll0], and if it hits [roll1] fire damage and 1 point of continual fire damage if it hits. Come on Desna, you are the goddess of luck after all!!!
 

GreenKarl

Villager
OOC: what a shock... BTW forgot my action break down...

1) interact to draw alchemist vial
2) attack
3) interact and draw dagger
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Jericho's flask flies wide again.

Drakus whirls his longsword around in a florish that catches Corwin hard. He follows up with a strike against Urik. Both men fall unconscious. "I'll eat you two later. Goblin filth," he says as he walks between Jericho and Elkran. To Jericho he says, "You're next."

The rat continues his assault on Elkran.

Drakus
1> Attack Corwin
Strike at Corwin: 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30 Crit, RNG is working just fine from my perspective :)
1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8
16 hp of damage to Corwin, Corwin is Dying 1.
2> Attack Urik
Strike at Urik: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8
8 hp to Urik who is also down. [-]Wounded 1 condition means Urik is now Dying 2.[/-]
3> Stride to L2 (He gets a +1 circumstance bonus to ranged attacks from Hiromi because Elkran is between them.)

Rat
1> Attack Elkran 2> Attack Elkran 3> Attack Elkran
three bites: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12 MISS
1D4 = [4] = 4
1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19 HIT
1D4 = [1] = 1
1D20-2 = [17]-2 = 15 HIT
1D4 = [3] = 3

Elkran takes 4 points of damage and must make 2 Fort saves DC 13

Initiative order, hit points and conditions
Drakus -32
Rat -3
Hiromi 3/17 Drain 1 (-1 on all checks)
Elkran 5/13 Filth Fever Stage 1 (no effects for 4 hours, unless reinfected)
Jericho 2/17
Corwin 0/20 Dying 1 (DC 11 flat check required)
Urik 0/19 Dying 1 (DC 11 flat check required)

Everyone check your current hit points. I think I have it right above. But I might have missed some healing along the way.

Hiromi is at the top of the initiation now.
 
Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Hiromi lunged forward and thrust her bow into Drakus' face as a distraction while she thrust her dagger towards his ribs.

OOC:
1: Stride to M1
2: Distract [roll0] (wish me luck);
3: Strike! [roll1] for [roll2]p.
If the distraction worked, then he's flat footed, so [roll3] precision damage.

Edit: Of course, the distraction worked but my attack is as useless as ever.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Critical Success The target is flat-footed against all melee attacks
you attempt against it until the end of your next turn.


It's something.
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
OOC: In the rules update it says that when you use Heroic Recovery you lose the dying and wounded conditions and gain consciousness, so I do not think Urik would have Wounded 1? I hope Corwin can still use Heroic Recovery because this is looking grim.Dying: 1D20 = [10] = 10
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top