• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

PF2 [IC] JM's "Doomsday Dawn" Playtest Party#1 Chapter#1

Radaceus

Villager
They lay around dead and dying. Friends, what a concept. He wanted to run, to hide, to do the goblin thing. This facing your enemy in open battle was hard, not as hard as being a friend. He could die, he most surely would die if did not run. He was on his back foot, about to pivot and put his other foot in large bounds away from here...

Then, one of them that should have died, ruled dead by all accounts of goblin scrutiny, rose to continue against the insurmountable odds before them, shouting words
which echoed a challenge to his fear "I shall meet my fate someday, but it is not today!"

Hackles raised on his coward nape, Elkran pressed on into the rat before him.

OOC:
1> [roll0] for [roll1] piercing damage
2> [roll2] for [roll3] piercing damage
3> [roll4] for [roll5] piercing damage

Radaceus

Villager
OOC: to many rolls in one post..
1> [roll0] for [roll1] piercing damage
2> [roll2] for [roll3] piercing damage

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Elkran misses. He misses again. He hits. The rat dies. (Elkran still has two DC13 fort saves from last round.)

Corwin falls but he gains strength from somewhere and stands striking true again Drakus. Drakus is killed, purple blood oozes from its body. The room is quiet except for everyone's heavy breathing. Urik lies motionless.

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Must have missed them. You are out of combat. I assume someone searches the body.

Drakus has (and I'll assume you eventual try to figure out the quality so for simplicity):

He had an expert longsword, master key (unlocks all doors in the dungeon), 2 minor healing potions, silver religious symbol of Pharasma, expert studded leather

GreenKarl

Villager
Jericho leans against the wall for support thinking he would like nothing more then to lay down right here no matter how dirty. "Well that was exciting" he says out loud and then looking over at Elkran and Corwin "Great job you two. I believe you have saved the all of us."

Kaodi

Adventurer
Cleanse my temple...

When Urik comes to again his head is swimming. "Urrrgh..." he groans as he weakly tries to push himself into an upright position. The half-orc slowly looks around, "Not dead yet, I guess."

He does not try to move further until he has had a few more moments to regain his breath. Then he turns over so he is facing the ground and pushes himself up the rest of the way on his fists. He teeters once, and grabs his head, but does not fall again.

"I think... I think there is something I am supposed to do in the next room."

He lurches toward the tunnel that Drakus appeared from.

jmucchiello

Adventurer
While this room may have been used as a shrine long ago, its contents are now a ghastly mockery of its former purpose. To the south, an altar upon a raised dais is surrounded by mosaics depicting a stern woman with long, flowing white hair, all of which has been slathered in filth and gore. The whole area reeks of decay and cloying, clotted blood.
You are entering from the northeast corner. There is a staircase to a door on the north side that probably leads back to the areas in the lair you've been before. There's also a door on the east wall. Both are locked. But you have the key now.

There is a goblin corpse on the altar. Drakus was feeding when he heard noise in his lair and came to investigate. Otherwise there is nothing of value in this room.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Corwin searches Drakus's body and takes the longsword and one healing potion, which he immediately downs for [roll0] hp.

"Let's finish what we came to do."

Kaodi

Adventurer
Immediately Urik moves to grab the gruesome remains of the dead goblin from the altar and move them to somewhere less unsuitable. He then moves belabouredly back towards the chest filled with rags and looks for something that is not completely filthy.

"If we use some of the water from the spring and any serviceable scraps I think we can clean away the worst of that garbage on that altar and the walls..." says Urik. "I think, I think the goddess Pharasma spoke to me. She desires for her holy place to be restored." On the way back he grabs the holy symbol Drakus had been carrying - best to wait until he has cleaned up the altar a bit before he places it there.

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Hiromi was surprised to find herself alive. She rolled her shoulders and sighed. She was tired. More tired than she'd ever been in her life. She followed Urik and helped to restore Pharasma's altar from its defiling.

Kaodi

Adventurer
Once he is satisfied that the shrine has been restored to some semblance of order Urik takes the symbol of Pharasma he had recovered from Drakus and places it on the shrine. He pauses a moment to see if there is some sign the goddess is pleased.

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Beyond the door is a short hallway that leads to a flight of stairs, ascending into a small chapel. This space is perfectly still and spotlessly clean, a stark departure from the grime and filth that has marred the rest of this complex.
You can tell Drakus never came into this room. It was probably to sacred. Atop the altar is a book, a dagger, and a silver bowl.

Kaodi

Adventurer
Urik moves to take a look at the book. He has a feeling perhaps he should fill the bowl with water from the sacred pool, but best to read the instruction manual first.

OOC: Here is a Religion Check for it if is needed. Heresy: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11

jmucchiello

Adventurer
As you look into the bowl, you suspect it already contains holy water. Without warning you feel yourself drawn into the cup. You see a vision of yourself and the others around you, all many years older than you are today, trekking through a vast desert at night, while the stars wheel at a dizzying speed overhead before blinking out into darkness, one by one. The vision ends a quickly as it started. (Anyone else looking into the cup sees the same vision.)

The book on the altar is a copy of The Bones Land in a Spiral, one of Pharasma’s sacred texts. It is open to a prayer of sanctification.

Advertisement