• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah recoils in horror before he can help it, but he tries to put on a brave face for Nierethi's sake. When the gnome passes, he steps out of the water gingerly and works at cleaning his rapier and drying himself. He does not look at the others, concentrating on his work.

Internally, he is shaking. I never thought I'd use this . . . I never thought I'd kill. It was a giant frog that ate that gnome. Why did I leave the relative safety of the streets? I could make a living, strike off to some bigger city. Or dancing, I could dance. Big cities have more customers and maybe I could join a troupe and travel. I always wanted to see more of the world than this corner. What am I doing here? he agonizes.

Endur

First Post
ooc: While Nierethi might have had kin in Hommlet, you don't know of any. The Kron hills is a major gnome community (10,000+ gnomes), and is the closest major community of any race to Hommlet (indeed, the Gnome King sometimes jokingly refers to Hommlet as belonging to him). Nierethi probably has kin in one of the gnomish communities in the Kron hills.

Paxus Asclepius said:
OOC: Did he have kin in the Hommlet area, to whom we should return his body?

Dalamar

Adventurer
"If I believed even a bit in the deities caring about us non-shakers-and-movers, I'd say the gnome just got retaliated for his greed," Kerwyn says with a grim tone. He isn't exactly happy about the gnome keeling over, but neither is he sad. Adventurers die every day, that's just how things stand.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"No... I... Nierethi, he couldn't have... we haven't even started yet..." Craven says, his hand clutching his bowstock like a lifeline. Craven trembles in place for a moment, his eyes closed. It takes a few minutes before he opens his eyes again. "Teacher of wisdom, guide this one to his people's halls..." Craven prays. Taking off his cloak, he rolls the gnome up in it as a makeshift burial shroud.

Endur

First Post
As Craven rolls up Nierethi Poscurian's cloak around his body, Craven feels something hard in Nierethi's backpack, almost as if Nierethi carried a metal box in his backpack.

Chat asks, "So, anyone hungry for breakfast? Roast frog legs are a favorite dish in the Yeomanry. Although the Frogs in the Hool usually aren't quite this big. Frog legs taste like chicken."

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah looks as though he will throw up at the thought of eating the frog. "No, I'm okay," he manages to say. After a moment, he turns to the others and says, "Should we return him to Hommlet?"

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“According to some of the more culinary-challenged patrons, everything tastes like chicken. But really, even though it might be just fair, if we eat the frog in return for it eating him, I'm not really in the mood for a breakfast yet. No, thanks.”

Endur

First Post
Chat pulls the glowing crossbow bolt out of the Giant Frog's left eye and tosses it to Lylamwyn. "Thats good shooting. Hitting the eye of a frog in mid-leap at 50 paces. I wish I could shoot like an elf."

Chat gets to work cutting the hind legs of the Frog from the rest of the body.

Looking at Toriah, Chat remarks, , "You should eat now. Trust me, you aren't going to want to eat when we're in the moathouse. If you think the Frog is ugly, wait until you see the undead."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"How... how can you all be so cavalier about this? He died, he died right before our eyes and you're talking about food?!" Craven asks, agast.

*He carefully lifts the body of the gnome. Whatever possessions he had on him probably should be buried with him, unless his kin said otherwise.*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads