Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah shrugs. "You don' think maybe there're non-gnolls here?" He thinks for a moment and the says, "But p'rhaps you're righ'. If we fin' any non-gnolls, we c'n always steal their stuff, I guess." Nevertheless, he takes one of the medallions and hangs it over his neck, under his shirt.

He bends to look at the locked box. "Shoul' I try to open 't?"

Xael

First Post
Lylamwyn moves farther away from the box. "After we've done with the box, I think we need to decide what to do next. We're supposed to be close to the secret exit of the moathouse, so we have a fair chance of slipping away and making our way back to Hommlet with the bodies of Spugnoir and Redithidoor, and possibly come back soon after. Or we can stay and try to deal with the rest of the cultists now. Though I'd prefer if we could capture one of the cultist before we go back. And if we trust the numbers we were given, there shouldn't be many more of them."

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I wouldn't start poking that lock right now. There's some magical thingamajing on it. Yo! Elf! Get over here. You're supposed to know these scribbles, right? Make yourself useful, Lenya's already beating you in endurance," Kerwyn babbles, first to Toriah, then to Lylamwyn.

Endur

First Post
Borrowing the goggles, Lylamwyn can see the magical scribing of a Glyph on the locked iron box. His best guess (and its only a guess since he does not have Read Magic memorized) is that this glyph is a one-shot defensive spell that will blast someone who tries to open the box.

Casting Detect Magic on the box, Lylamwyn identifies the Glyph as an abjuration of faint magical power (3rd level spell or less). Lylamwyn also detects the presence of 16 magical items within the box, all but two also of faint power. Two items within the locked box are of Moderate power.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“Stop that, Kerwyn. We need to work together!”

Looking at the gnoll's magical armor, Lenya remarks: “That's a nice armor there, and magical, too. If we could clean it from that smell, that is.”

After having a look at those runes herself, Lenya picks up the brooch to see, if it maybe has similar inscriptions. Might just be the key, who knows...

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“I would prefer to deal with the cultists, otherwise they might just slip away and continue to be a threat for all the good people in Hommlet. But, Raner doesn't look very well, it might be too risky to continue?”

Endur

First Post
The broach radiates a faint abjuration aura. You don't see any arcane writing on the broach.

Lenya also notices the large number of magical auras radiating from the contents of the box.

Last edited:

Remove ads