Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Xael

First Post
Lylamwyn moves his attention from the scroll to the conversation again. "I'm afraid I don't have any torches either, so unless somebody else has them, we'll have to buy some. Are we leaving now?", he says.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Well, I wouldn't mind leaving on the spot," Kerwyn says, "just give me a moment to grab my leathers and crossbow."
Which is exactly what he does. Back with his, very few pieces of, equipment, the rogue nudges Lylamwyn.
"Aren't you supposed to be a sorcerer or something? Why don't you just pull a light out of your sleeve?"

Xael

First Post
Lylamwyn looks at Kerwyn. "Well, technically appropriate term would be a wizard. And I can't really create a light that would last anywhere near as long as a torch."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Well then, I'll just go and buy a few torches. Or lanterns, depending on what's available. Anybody want to come with me?" Craven asks.

*If so, Craven will head to the town's general store and buy himself a hooded lantern and ten flasks of oil. If those aren't available, he'll get ten torches instead. Once all that is loaded up, he's back to the tavern to get the rest of the intrepid aventurers.*

Endur

First Post
Craven leaves the tavern, heading for the Old Trading Post.

The door is shut, but after he knocks on it and calls out for a bit, the halfling Joman Dart answers the door dressed in his night gown. He has a sleeping cap on his head, pointed slippers, and part of a golden necklace can be seen hanging down his neck.

Joman Dart says, "Craven, you know that the Trading Post is not open for business this late at night."

After listening to Craven's request and apologies for bothering him this late at night, Joman responds, "Quite all right my boy, nobody ever thinks about buying lanterns or torches until its night time. Here you go."

Craven soon returns to the tavern with everything he was looking for.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Feeling rather sheepish that he had forgotten all about the time, Craven returns with a lamp, flasks of oil, and some torches.*

"All right, now we have light to vanquish evil by," Craven says cheerfully. "Do we need anything else? If not, shall we begin our journey to the moathouse?"

Endur

First Post
Several people start talking at once after Craven returns with the torches and lanterns.

Vesta smiles and says to Craven and Lenya, "Good luck. Maridosen and I can can cover your shifts for the two of you while you visit the Moathouse. You will make us all proud."

The ever depressed and petulant Maridosen sighs and makes an ugly face at being 'volunteered' to cover for Craven and Lenya.

Redithidoor says, "My first adventure! I will sing songs of your valiant verification of the presence of undead in the Moathouse."

The gnome Nierethi Poscurian, "Remember, I get first pick of the treasure!"

The merchant Chat responds, "I still say that anyone going off on this fool adventure is just going to get killed in the Moathouse for a treasure that does not exist."

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah straightens from his position leaning against a nearby wall. He had been there the whole night, pack at his feet, watching the group silently. His leather armor peeks out from under a shirt, and his rapier and crossbow stick out at a jaunty angle. He had taken to bringing all of his belongings with him when he was out, after a rash of thefts at Telna's.

He smiles at Lenya. "I'm thinkin' maybe I should be joinin' you-all, Lenya. I hear it's mighty dangerous out there, especially in the dark. You might need another good sword-arm to protect ya." He offers her one of his suggestively.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I wouldn't object to the help," Craven says, quick to accept Toriah's assistance. "And I doubt anyone else would object to another able-bodied fighter. Pray, what is your name? I go my Craven Proudheart."

Remove ads